main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary How many people are interested in helping with a fan film.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Holocron1, Nov 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Takwolf

Takwolf Jedi Master star 2

May 9, 2002
    I agree with gh0stdevil

I don't think of our last project as a fiasco. I just think people dropped our not because of the quality of the script, leadership ect., I just think it was a overestimate of our free time. As we all know our lives are always interrupted with things we do not expect. In my case it was the tree falling on my house.

I also hoped we could one day re-start production sometime with Danny's screenplay. I even went out and got the hardware to hook my Camera to my PC.

This being said, since Holocron1s film is now in "production" I say we run with it. If all goes well we pick up were we left off and start production of Danny?s script. We will then have the experience for Holocron1s film.

Also I think by that time actors will be easier to find since so much time would have past. This I think will make Danny?s film that much better if he decides to run with it.

Tak

2. Holocron1

Holocron1 Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2002
    Hey Mogook, I used this as a guideline to make that FX scene.

I have have a small site up to post script updates. If anyone wants to read the current script thats the place to go. Plus I will other updates and such.

FanFilm Site

Thanks All

3. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah Holocron1, Premiere 6.0 is what I use for rotoscoping and such. I'm also working on some blaster shot effects and spaceship effects. I have a few websites that gives some info on how to do those. When I get home this afternoon and pull em up on my computer I can send them to ya.

4. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    This is slightly OT, but if a fanfilm was to be made, I think there should definitely be a scene with lots of Jedi with their sabers ignited. That would be a great scene. Of course, it would involve getting a lot of extras. Maybe there could be around 10-20 Jedi. That would still look neat.

5. DarthMaulchael

DarthMaulchael Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2002
    Yeah it would! If you are in need of editing services, I have a bunch of software and a darn fast computer. I"ve got everything you need, including a Sony DCR-TRV17 digital mincam. I planning to get a canon XL1-s, one of those bigmomma nice ones, but I'm still buying Christmas gifts for the siblings...

6. Holocron1

Holocron1 Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2002
    I defintaly think a bunch of Jedi with LS vs. a bunch of Sith with LS would be a great shot. Im not sure I would be able to fit something like in this movie. But if this can be pulled off and it goes well, I see no reason why squeal or even a full trilogy couldnt be made. And if it takes us a year to do each one then so be it. DRK_HLMT and DarthMaulchael, I would love both your help with editing and production. You have a point DarthM, 15 may be a bit too young to act, but acting is only like 30% of the effort being put into this film. The only special efx that I cant handle are all CG scenes. I have friend that does dabble in CG but this will be alot of work for one person. Im hoping to recruit some Art majors at school, maybe put some fliers up or something. I think Im going to hold an Audition for the different parts.

Anyone can email at k.hopkinsjr@verizon.net, questions, concerns. If your interested in acting, please read the script at my FanFilm site let me know wich part you'd like to play. The only part that has been taken (me) is Kil'eh. Everything is else is open.
    Needed:
    Actors
    Artists
    Carpenters
    CG people
    Photographers
    Editors (primiere and photshop will be primary editing software as I am most fimiliar with these programs)

Im looking for a static place to meet now, it will probably in the Pasadena,AAC area. If anyone knows of any other place that is open and private(School, church etc.) that we can meet please let me know. Pre-Production will be starting early to mid January. Ill also try make my site a bit informative so we can have one stop place for info on the project. If this something you really want to do but dont feel you fit into any of the above catagories please email me anyway. Im sure I can I find a way to get you involved. Thanks

Holocron

7. DARTHIG88

DARTHIG88 Jedi Master

Mar 28, 2002
    If this film is still going to move forward I would like to be involved[ jedi] have costume and saber,pm me and let me know

8. Inter-Galactic

Inter-Galactic Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2003
    Hey, I would like to be in the movie, help out in some way. Although I know you guys will reject my offer, I am only 14 and there is no way for me to get where ever you guys are gonna be. FYI- I love making movies, shooting. I just bought a new camera w/ money I saved up(hint: I LOVE MAKING MOVIES!) That's all, just wanted to be in the movie, do you need any young actors? Why am I asking, I can't show up. If you guys are shooting close to D.C./Germantown/Gaithersburg, I might be able to get there somehow. I feel so bad, I really wanted to be in the movie.

Sorry for posting so late...

*lays down in bed and sobs loudly* 8-} KIDDING!

I really wanted to be in that movie, WWAAAAA!!!!!

9. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    First of all, welcome to the forum Inter-Galactic. I don't think you're too late, I'm not sure if Holocron has moved forward with the production of his idea.

10. Annakin24601

Annakin24601 Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2003
    I, too, am a 14 year old movie freak, especially excited about StarWars. So if anybody wants to help me out with transportation (or another fanfilm?) I'd be especially happy. Where are you guys making this film, anyway? I know Maryland, but I'm on the eastern shore. I can act, or film or edit or whatever. So just gimme a call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.