main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton HUGE, MASSIVE, TOTALLY GIGANTIC Update has been done to the website...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Head on over and

CHECK IT OUT!!!!
    -the graphics are timed, but you can click on them to speed up the process if you like.

If you have some friends, send em on over and get em to join up!!!

I hope you like the way it looks, and if you have any suggestions, please feel free to post em on this thread, or email them to me at indigojade@fanforce.net.

Also, if you could, please let me know on this thread if you go there/like it, so I know my efforts aren't in vain... :D

May the Force be with you all,

Indy

2. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Not bad. The only problem you will end up having is that if traffic to the site increases you may find the site locking up or exceeding the allowed hits for the size of the site.

Make sure you have the input of the other people in Edmonton.

I worry about the amount of respect others will give if leadership is taken instead of earned.

3. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    I don't see there being much problems with bandwidth overages, 100 hits in this month doesn't lead me to believe we have tons of traffic... :) However, should the need arise, I would probably snag some hosting somewhere...

As far as having input from everybody, if you notice, there is at the bottom of every page an invitation to submit suggestions/comments, and if you read all my posts here about it, I ask for comments and suggestions. So far I haven't recieved any, so I must forge ahead without them...

Concerning taking a leadership role... "If you build it, they will come" and "If you want something done, do it yourself..." are my mottos. I have been asking for input/comments/suggestions, and so far I have recieved nada, which leads me to believe that people either don't care, or are content with what is there.

The best way to earn respect is to do things which garner respect. The best way to earn leadership is to "show" leadership. Unfortunately we are still in our infancy, and somebody has to take the reins and get things done. I just happen to be that person right now.

If somebody doesn't like the way I am doing things, I encourage them to speak up. Or if somebody else wants to take the reins and drive this wagon, that would be fine too. All they have to do is take the initiative. Just like I have done.

I'm just excited to get this off the ground, and sometimes my enthusiasm gets the best of me... :)

Indy

4. Naminator

Naminator Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    I actually respect the leadership Indigo's taking in this instance - i have too crowded of a schedule to take responsibility for the club, so i think it's great.

5. major_jedi_failure

major_jedi_failure Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    it's not true!
    Darth Indy threatened us all into submission, and now he's planning to take over the boards one by one. beware, jedi niagara, beware...

p.s. i'm joking, don't get all freaked out

6. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    *waves hand*

You Will Ignore The Above Post.

You Will Go Back To What You Were Doing.

You Will Remember To Mail Me The 100 Dollars.

:D

I love the Dark Side of the Force... [face_devil]

"Darth" Indy

7. General_Tekno

General_Tekno Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2001
    Did Indigo Jade get the graphic that I sent for the page?

8. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    I sure did, working on a javascript to get it to rotate images...

Thanks a BUNCH for your submission!!!!! Anyone else wants to design some graphics, that would be great!!!

:D

Indy

Edit: DONE!!!! :)

9. Jamaillia

Jamaillia Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2002
    I really like what you are doing with the page. Looking forward to see what is coming up.

Jamaillia

10. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Created about 15 more banners for the homepage, they should be on a rotating basis as well... :)

Indy

Also updated the Order of Battle with our newest member, jedi_master_yoda7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.