main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Hypothetical C5 print

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Wil_Sinistar, Jan 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wil_Sinistar

Wil_Sinistar Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2006
    Ive gotten a few suggestions for what would make an awesome Star Wars print on the off chance I actually pull off the C5 gig. Bower and Tilford had some dynamite suggestions (and if you would be so kind fellas, plz post those ideas here). If anyone has suggestions, please post them here. We will have everyone weigh in on what they think is the best and if I get the gig, I will draw the most popular piece. Even if I dont get the gig, I will still probably be using any suggestions I think are rockin to become prints. Dont be shy kids, throw out some ideas!

2. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    I would like to see a print of Leia and Boushh in a cantina with Boushh lookin to bring in Leia and Leia doin the blaster under the table bit. I don't know if thats how it went down but in my world the rebels are cold blooded killers.

I'd also like to see a probe droid on another planet just because "we have thousands of probes searching the galaxy". Maybe on Tatooine with some Tuskens takin a shot at it..maybe Jawas.

3. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Lets see, how bout a perspective shot from the ground looking straight up as luke in x-wing gear falls straight toward the viewer with the atat belly explosian behind him and chrapnel hitting all around the ground.
    That famous 3 solider Veitnam memorial statue done with clones.
    My favorite idea is the deleted beginning of empire where you have han in a hothbase hallway staring down 3 angry wampas who are mid-roar and one of them is holding a rebel trooper like a rag doll.
    I still like doing the freezing chamber scene but with all Mcquarrie versions of the charecters but I'm not sure Lucasfilm would let anyone else use them but McQuarrie himself.
    thats all I got right now, but more will come to me. pv

4. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    Ok, let's run down those I've suggested in the past, of which I've seen no progress by the way...nudge, nudge..are..

The one I mentioned to you in Chicago - Boba Fett arriving on Tatooine, looking across Mos Eisley from atop a cliff, with his back turned away from the viewer and Slave I on the edge of another cliff in the background to the left. Either Mos Eisley can be a part of it - it could be the same cliff from A New Hope with Obi, Luke, and the droids. Or you could have Jabba's palace in the distance. I had suggested an Empire color scheme Fett on Tatooine, which would be a first. Or perhaps a similar pose on Geonosis, during the same time frame, with a Jango Fett helmet off in the sky as if Boba is reflecting about his father. With Boba being a part of the C5 logo, there is probably going to be others taking advantage of that but I still think either of these works as something completely different.

The other one was all cockpit shots. Showing Luke, Han and Chewie, Vader, TIE pilot, etc. from the perspective of looking at them directly into where they sit, during an important moment - Luke disengaging the targeting computer, Vader about to fire at Luke, Han and Chewie "You're all clear kid", or all four in the cockpit during the Asteroid scene, etc. A lot of opportunity to do reflections of cockpit lights and targeting computers back on helmets and cockpit glass. Plus, you could show Vaders TIE and accompanying TIEs in the fair perspective background behind Luke, and can show the Falcon in the wee background behind Vader. The cool thing about this is it could be a series and each one could be an exclusive from a different convention.

Then the other, which probably would never be approved by Lucas, is a poster for The Star Wars Holiday Special, done in the style of B horror films of the 1960s, where the Wookies are the monsters, pasty-face Luke and crazy Harvey Corman in drag are alien faces in the background, and singing Leia is the girl "screaming" for her life, with the show name in gory and terrifying fonts used back in those days. Plus give it that old, been in the poster marquee for a few months tarnished look. Even if it's not Lucas-approved, I still think it would be a seller. Lucas may even buy one himself because I know he's horrified every time someone brings up the Holiday Special. I'd love to see it anyway.

A few other ideas. I'd like to see a focus piece where it's Jabba's tongue sticking out to lick Slave Leia, but most of Jabba isn't shown and only Leia's midsection is shown. So I guess it would be all mainly tongue, chain, and breasts now that I think about it. You could probably get some ponytail in there too. But lots of opportunity to concentrate on making the colors and details of that blocked out area match the level of disgust that is actually in that action which is shown. Contrast Jabba and Leia's skin colors and details, etc. Anyway, it would be a real "art" piece.

The other is just a simple picture of Luke and Han getting into the Stormtrooper outfits in the Falcon from A New Hope. Each could have a very telling look on their faces, half-undressed troopers on the floor, and perhaps Han could be handing the grappling hook belt to Luke, while he holsters the blaster as if that's all he needs. Good opportunity for Falcon details. Of course, you could also add in Chewie, Obiwan, and the droids, either just having stuck their heads up from the hidden storage compartments or all the way out doing something else. So it could potentially be an awesome ensemble piece.

Another one that would be pretty cool and B would love it, is Leia having a swarm of Ewoks surrounding her, pampering her, braiding her hair, etc. I see sort of a bit of Disney princess look about it, with birds bringing flowers and perhaps the Ewoks have more of a cartoon look about them. Perhaps something you could experiment with.

Oh, and one more. I don't think i've ever seen anyone do artwork where the Emperor arrives on the second Death Star and Vader kneels to greet him. I think the best perspect

5. BibFortune

BibFortune Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2008
    uh

<-----------

duh

6. Nardo

Nardo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2006
    LOL!! I love it! I think the birds should be braiding her hair though. lol.

OR! What if you did a BA Ewok print? Like, where they are looking all badass and maybe totally kicking the **** out of a trooper? You know, to redeem them? lol

7. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005

8. Valhalla

Valhalla Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2006
    What about either a series or a collage depicting the differences in the childhood of Luke and Leia. Start with Bail and his wife walking off one way with baby Leia and Ben walking off with Luke. Then picture different ages in their life, Leia having the rich comfortable life on Alderaan while Luke lives a the rough life of a moisture farmer. Would be a good contrast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.