main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I don't understand the "Star Wars Minis"

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by HairyWookiee12, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HairyWookiee12

HairyWookiee12 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2009
    Now, I went to a mall a few days ago and I got a really cool looking box of Star Wars Minis.... So when I got to my house I opened up the box and looked through the figures and cards and such. So I finally fond the rule set for the guys and I literally was like....
    [image=http://static.pyzam.com/img/funnypics/0/pyzamOmgWtf.jpg]
    I just don't understand the series.... It seems fun though.

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    what, in particular, do you not understand.
    We would be delighted to help, but we need to know what frame of reference we're working with.

love the picture.

3. HairyWookiee12

Nov 22, 2009
    Well, mainly the rules and how to play with the figures. Besides that i'm good.

4. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Well, think of it as a combination of playing with the action figures as a kid with pokemon or Magic:The Gathering. OK, that isn't very flattering. Put it off to my sense of humor.

So, essentially, you build an army. Each figure is worth so many points, depending on what it is. Points are on the base of the figure(I think) and definately on the card. Each mini has a designated alignment (Imperial, Rebel, republic, separatist, independant, etc). both players agree on a number of points and set up on a grid map (or just a table and have a ruler handy). Forces advance or retreat based on their movement. Figures act either individually or in groups. Sooner or later, you roll a 20-sided die to resolve combat and effects. Person with the last mini standing wins.

On the other side, like baseball cards, people buy packs and packs hoping to get one of each mini. Since there are 7 random figures per box, this will result in duplicates and some minis being very hard to find.

If you need more specific detail, someone else will probablly have to step in.

5. HairyWookiee12

Nov 22, 2009
    Ok, so I think I get the game now.... Now with whole "20 sided dice" thing, I may have to borrow one from a dude that looks like this
    [image=http://www.gamerevolution.com/images/misc/warrior_nerd.jpg]
    Yeah, i'll probably have fun with the minis....

6. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    I believe the starter boxes may come with one.
    If not, there's a pack of 6 that includes vader, old obiwan, and other Ep4 minis and has a d20

BTW: remember where you are. That guy looks like several of the people I hang out with on a regular basis, and 25-33% of the people who post on this board!

7. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    One of us.... One of us... ]-}

LOL love those pics. Naw, I know lots of normal-ish dudes who play with more-than-six-sided dice and do stuff like go clubbing or listen to music with words made in the last 2 years, and have girlfriends/wives.

Besides that dude's a LARP-er :-B ;)

8. HairyWookiee12

Nov 22, 2009
    Yeah ROFL with the whole LARP thing.... But I did not see a d20 in starter kit for the minis though.

9. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Hmm, must've been a mistake with that box... well they're easy enough to find, and you only need 1 really, but a couple more would help... don't want your luck getting rolled out of them.

10. HairyWookiee12

Nov 22, 2009
    Yeah I probably just have to go to Nord's Games and get one.... Funny story about that place actually, ok so I walk into the place looking for something Star Wars to buy, and so I finally find the Star Wars Minis. So now I picked a random little box of them and start to walk towards the register. Ok so I put the small box on the counter(partially interupting their conversation) and of course I pay for them(fifteen frickin' bucks!).
    On a small sidenote to my story the two guys at the counter look like this:
    Guy on the left,
    [image=http://media.kimatv.com/images/091121_justin_bieber.jpg]

Guy on the right,
    [image=http://www.destructoid.com/elephant//ul/2326-468x-Nintendo%20Nerd%20Lord.jpg]

Ok so back to the story, as I'm walking out, the guy on the left is like to the guy on the right, "So I got the new set of cards and I was looking at the bottle knome, and I noticed while playing with D20s his defense points may drain out fast.". Straight after he said that I thought to myself, Sure is good I have a girlfriend. Then I thought:
    [image=http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/l/lol_cat-12926.jpg]

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    You're actually not allowed to post the acronym that's in your very first pic. If you edit the pic I'll leave it up though. Else I'm going to have to take it down, sorry.

12. HairyWookiee12

Nov 22, 2009
    Um, I don't understand. What Justin Bieber?

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    The first pic in the thread, the cat with the rubric's cube.

14. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    I'm willing to do the photoshop work to remove the "offensive" material.

15. HairyWookiee12

Nov 22, 2009
    Ok, um kinda' ran out of edit time.... How do I edit it?

16. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Never mind, the rule changed like yesterday. No worries :D

17. HairyWookiee12

Nov 22, 2009
  18. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Everyone knows that stands for "what the frak", right? :confused:

19. HairyWookiee12

Nov 22, 2009
  20. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    I thought it was "Who's this Freak(y)" ;)

21. HairyWookiee12

Nov 22, 2009
    Funny picture of the moment:
    [image=http://www.theemptyroom.com/Share/OMG-it-spins.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.