main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada "I move in a vote of no-confidence in the Liberals"

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Uilmuteiz, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cristalvandepol

cristalvandepol Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 30, 2002
    I concur. :p

2. Mokitty

Mokitty Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    Greenpeace wins? Not necessarily a totally bad thing, at least I don't think so anymore: my sickness during Ottawa's recent bouts of smog have pushed environmental issues toward the front in my mind.

The problem with Layton's NDP, as it was during the election, is still that while they have all these great plans to save healthcare, protect the environment, and improve social programs, they seem in a fashion eerily similar to the Harris Tories' great "common-sense revolution"/tax cut plan to have no substance or plan behind them as to where the money's gonna come from. As it is I don't see them balancing their ideal budget.

Then, on the other hand, we have the Harper Tories... bumbling around threatening to force elections less than a year later that they clearly still can't win, delaying the passing of the budget, and generally stumbling all over themselves to inconvenience the public at large. They think they are fulfilling their role as minority: to bring the Liberals into check, but in reality even their own big business bombshell Belinda, who'd probably be much better off financially under a Tory government, has walked away from them. And as Darko said it best, I don't want anyone I know to end up like at least one American girl my family knew, terminally ill from a completely curable disease, but left to slowly die because her family could not afford the treatment. After all the damage Harris did to my province, I feel justified in my abject fear of a Harper majority.

I may not be happy with Martin's track record of corruption, but I feel the Liberals are the right people out of current choices to be leading us. Besides, he's just a passing phase. It's only a matter of time before the Liberals themselves get sick of him and replace him.

3. kissmitt

kissmitt Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2005
    Well said! I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my cooments earlier but these are big issues! The more people speak their mind, the more potential there is in them acually going to the polls and doing something about it. I agree with what you said about health care but I just dont like the liberals giving every minority out there what they want, tarnishing values and morals that I grew up with, just to get more support.

4. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    I doubt the NDP would cut taxes if they were to gain power. I think they will within the next 20-25 years or so. They are the most honest party around. The Conservatives and Liberals have been in power far too long I think we need a change.

While I hate the Conservatives, I think Stephen Harper is the stronger leader between him and Martin. Martin is too weak, he does what he is told.

5. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    all i can say is once you are caught with your hand in the cookie jar, you know you are being watched, you are not going to do it again.

Canada's social net is the backbone of our society, parents have more confidence knowing the government is there to help keep everyone healty, and cared for. I wonder how many folk in the states panic every time they have to take their child or their parent to the doctor. We as Canadians have to make choices that protect the entire population not just the ones with piles of money.

6. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    As far as I am concerned its a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. Its choosing the lesser of evils, not the best candidate because as far as I am concerned all the leaders or their parties are Jokes. While I would be inclined to elect the NDP because of Layton, the NDP doesn't seem to have a lot of direction until the last few months. I hope this continues to improve.

The Liberals will never have my vote and the only person I could vote for with the Conservatives, well I beleived Ms. Wayne has now retired. Shame because she seems like the only competent person in politics. Contraversial yes. But competent.

7. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    I would vote NDP as their party is the only one in my riding which I agree with ideologically. The Liberals may at some point get my vote, but the Tories never will.

8. AngryGnome

AngryGnome Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2005
    Grr Liberals, NDP, and BQ. They've destroyed the Canadian marriage

Go Conservatives.

Actually, you know what I find so dumb? You know that Joe Comuzzi guy, he was in PM's cabinet? Now he's been demoted because he stood up for marriage, but, he should've said to PM, "Hey, if you demote me, I'll cross the floor to join SH and then we'll try to bring you down again."

9. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    Try, and fail. Thats the reason the government did next to nothing this year, SH was trying to take them down every single chance he got.

10. AngryGnome

AngryGnome Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2005
    And why do we still need a governor-general that doesn't do anything except tour around and gets millions of dollars to spend on useless things

11. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    We dont. But its tradition and we all know how traditional the conservatives are.

12. cristalvandepol

cristalvandepol Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 30, 2002
    I'm a conservative and I say get rid of the Governor General. The President seems to do a good job of handling both running the country and entertaining guests so why not our Prime Minister. It's just one of those things that is ruled by custom and convention... I doubt we'll ever be rid of the Queen and all the 'perks' that come with the monarchy.

13. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    I hope we get rid of all of it. I want a Canadian head of state, not some Brit who is the product of 1000 years of inbreeding.

14. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    See that's when I wonder if that's Chiss Aristocra Rebelling against a Family, some Separatists discussing the future of the Republic or just some loyalist being true to their cause...

Now, you've got to admit that if our prime minister was to entertain as well as rule over the country, whe'd have to elect Jack Clayton.

15. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Wow, ignorance summed up in one quote. Good job. Please, if you honestly want to get rid of the GG, look up Canada's history and why we have one and the role they play, not just what the recent ones have done negatively. If we thought like that we might aswell get rid of a Prime Minister because all they do is spend tax money on their friends and give themselves pay raises.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.