main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I need help with a book Collection.

Discussion in 'Archive: York/Lancaster, PA' started by Thedarkone2003, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thedarkone2003

Thedarkone2003 Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    I have always loved Starwars, one thing I have never done is read the books. Is there a website where I can get a list of all books printed. (I know its a lot) but I read a ton and I really wanna start on this long series of books to find out more bout the history of all different characters in Starwars. Please post a site or link, or list any books you might find that will help me broaden my libary.

2. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    That is a long list, especially with all the books that they have been putting out in the last few years.

I would suggest heading over to the Literature board. They have a list of all the books released listed in chronological order (relative to the timeline of the SW Saga, not by the year the books were released).

I am particular to the Zahn Trilogy and the Xwing series of books. Now, some of the older books may be a little difficult to get a hold of as some have been out of print for a while.

3. Thedarkone2003

Thedarkone2003 Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Thanks, I did indeed venture over there, once i looked around the forums more. I think im going to start with the Thrawn Series.

4. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    As those are highly popular they might not be too hard to find, they were originally released in hardcover, but subsequently in paperback, and even an edition that contained all three novels.

Timothy Zahn also wrote a follow-up duology to his trilogy and has a book coming out this fall which is connected to all his books, Outbound Flight.

Also, if you were a little confused going into ROTS, there are a bunch of novels and comics that fill in what happened between AOTC and ROTS, and Labyrinth of Evil was the direct lead in to ROTS.

5. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    OK here are some pointers to think about when getting into sw reading. Do you like the PT or the OT more? Or do you want to read the 20th century take on sw. If you like the PT more I say start with COD (cloak of deception) or Darth maul shadow hunter and work your way through the clone wars. If you enjoy the OT more than definitely head straight for the thrawn trilogy. And if you want something completely new, go for the New Jedi Order, which is what I'm doing now.

6. bpickering

bpickering Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2004
    if you want hardback books of the old SW books go to ebay..thats were i got old hardback books at cheap prices...

also sfbc.com has all SW books by del rey.. they have books in hardback books that were softcover books in stores for cheap prices too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.