main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I saw it!

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH (original board)' started by Creju, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Creju

Creju Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    So anyway I went to the Capital 8 last night, there were about 600 people waiting in life. Luckily I got in front, after we were put in the theater, we have to wait for about an hour and a half until the movie actually started. It was well worth it, I didn't understand it too well because I was really tired and I still am right now. I will see it again on Monday. I also heard on the radio that Y107 was at the Forum 8, it must have been a lot bigger up there. So I thought the movie was great, anyone have any fun experiences while waiting or have any comments about the movie without spoiling it?

2. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    It was actually more heartwrenching the 2nd time around. I almost cried during the "Order 66" montage.

3. igotajobasatestpilot

igotajobasatestpilot Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2003
    whew. just back from vacation, so i haven't had a chance to discuss it yet. yeah, the forum 8 was awesome. they sold out 4 theatres i think. we were lined up all the way around the building.

but the movie... well. on the 18th we watched 1 and 2 first, and then some of the clone wars, but time didn't allow for all of that. then we caught 3 at midnight. i loved it the first time through. those war drums to open it, the first 20 minutes of solid action and jedi banter had me giggling like a child inside. i was ecstatic. the padme scenes were just as cringe inducing as before, probably more so. "oh, ani! i heard you went to the dark side, say it isn't so!"

ultimately, i left the theatre very depressed. the movie was just that way. so to cheer myself up, we tried to watch 4-6. fell asleep on hoth. oh well.

on second viewing, the love scenes stuck out a lot more, the pacing and flow of the movie seemed a little stilted. and i also noticed how different this one was from the others. tonally, it was completely different, not like a star wars movie at all. the music really rocked it this time. still pretty sad leaving the second time.

and as for order 66, the only one of those scenes that stirred me up was ki adi's death. plo koon never really was more than a set piece to me, and ayla's death was lame.

i'm rambling. overall, i loved it. a lot. visually, this one is above and beyond. the score kicked all booty. ian mcdiarmid was great, as was yoda. not once did the CG pull me out of the moment in this one, so A+ to ILM. and my favorite scene in the whole movie was the funeral. that one shot of Jar Jar was great. he was the comic relief and childish humor of 1, and kind of represented those kiddy aspects, the shiny times of the galaxy. and to see him so dark and dreary looking was really heartwrenching to me.

uh.... etc. etc. i'm a boob.

4. Beara

Beara Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    Spamming the boards is not allowed.

Leona

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.