main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA "I used to bullseye annoying dogs back home.."

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jarsis_Stole, May 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarsis_Stole

Jarsis_Stole Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Is it cruel or against the moral code to start taking potshots at local neighbourhood dogs who bark too much with a projectile rifle or something ?

There's two dogs on either side of the street and they do nothing but take turns at obsessively barking, yelling at them and giving them food hasn't worked.

/me rubs his chin and thinks.

Jacen

2. UmmYep

UmmYep Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2001
    I'd start off with a high powered water gun first, then if that didnt work, go to a BB gun, then to an Air rifle.

Or I'd complain to the owners, then the council and get the dogs removed if that didnt work.

I dislike Dogs that bark needlessly if you didnt guess

3. Sith_Jester

Sith_Jester Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 28, 2001
    Best idea is to call the ranger for your district/suburb which should be listed in the phone book, the ranger will collect the dogs and the owner will need to pay to get them back or go to an obediance training course.

4. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    I'd go with Ummyeps solution.. water pistol first, but if you can get hold of a paintball gun, it might be a tad safer than an air rifle...

I have a similar problem, except it's cats.. they don't really fight, just sit and mew at each other obnoxiously.

5. UmmYep

UmmYep Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2001
    Cats are easy to seperate, fill a jug with cold water, and throw
    throw the water, not the jug...

6. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    At 3am, when it usually happens, I'm not coordinated enough to only throw the jug :)
    or the water even... :D

7. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Forget the weak weapons!!! Bust out with a Silenced H&K MP-5 SD10 9mm gas operated sub-machine gun. Shoot em good. And then film it and put it on the net!!!!!!!!!

8. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    lemme guess SoE.. you wanna join the SAS when you leave school??? :)

9. Count_Drew-ku

Count_Drew-ku Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2002
    Submachine guns are overated for anything else other than building or room clearing, and even if you have to do that, you can use an AUG Styer assault carbine 5.56 mm, barrel is around 15cm shorter than the standard issue assault rifle so you have less "door frame issues" and has sufficient stopping power using an ss109 titanium core round, no body armour on earth will stop that bullet from doing mass damage, I've fired those rounds through double brick walls and still hit my target.

As for outdoors, that opens up the branch of possibilties much more, I don't have any real preference, but if you want accuracy and reliability, the AK-47 or SKS are good weapons that need minimal maintenance out in the bush and use a 7.62mm bullet, nice stopping power there.

10. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    hehehe Use one of them to stop a dog barking at 3am and you'll have every dog in a 5 km radius going nuts!! :)

11. Count_Drew-ku

May 25, 2002
    One bicycle pump tube + 2 rolls of gaffa tape, some to attach the tube over the flash supressor, the rest around the aoutside of the tube, and you have a home made silencer good for around 10-15 shots, so long as they aren't in rapid succesion, if it gets too hot, you'll melt the tape onto the barrel, very hard to get off.

12. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    sounds like some unofficial trials took place too :)

13. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    mmmm. styers are pretty nice. I love the plastic mag. The nato rounds [7.62] would shut the dogs up for sure... Use hollow tip bullets,,,, looks better.
    Nah i wouldn't join the SAS. Although i reckon i would qualify. :)

14. Count_Drew-ku

May 25, 2002
    Hollow tips are for movies, they aren't accurate at anything over ten metres due to inconsistent spin during flight, they tend to veer off at angles.

The titanium core bullets I mentioned earlier are designed to splatter the brass jacket on impact with a target and the titanium penetrator then enters the body and tumbles end over end dragging flesh and bone fragments through the body, makes one hell of a mess and a huge exit wound.
    I've only seen one person get up from a gutshot from one of those rounds, and the autopsy after he bled to death showed he was high as a kite on pcp and lsd at the time, the only reason he was able to move after being hit.

15. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    d00d!!! i gotta meet you one day!!! Me and you could chat for hours!

16. Count_Drew-ku

May 25, 2002
    Well, you have to be lucky and catch me in the right mood ;)

EDIT:, Gee, sorry this thread got disturbing for "some ppl" I'll be sure and tell off the person who's forcing you to read it every time there was a new post.

Rest assured, if I ever take up tiddly winks, I'll talk about that instead.

17. Pris

Pris Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Poor puppies. :(

Don't go out of your way for a messy death - you'd have to clean it up. Do it subtley - give them food with something in it. Snail pellets work a treat for dogs, and so does condy's crystals. For cats, I reccomend panadol! Has them on their back in seisures in just minutes. :D

18. Shadow_of_Evil

Nov 18, 2001
    Go buy some mace\pepper spray and spray the dogs right in the face. That'll shut them up for hours.

I does work!!!

19. Darth_Dynamic

Darth_Dynamic Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2002
    I agree with SOE and Count_Drew-ku. The titanuim bullets would do well, it would make the owner think twice about getting a dog that doesnt stop barking. The mess that the bullet would cause, would make the owner FREAK!!!! Then like SOE said post it on the net adressing it to all dog owners saying this is what will happen to your dog if it doesn't shut up!. I might go and try it on the dogs next door to me :)

20. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    OK, this thread has gone way off course and has become, quite frankly, disturbing.

I know I'm not the only one to find it offensive, and as such I'm closing it. If anyone has a reasonable objection to this, PM me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.