main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson I wanna be a jedi /imperial/trooper and/or sith thread--- costumes

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by cathiecat, Sep 6, 2005.

1. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Bleh, cute women dressed up as storm troopers and other star wars characters, what?s so great about that?

;-)

2. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Dang! That Tie Helmet sucks, Frankie is your Jango also rubbery or solid plastic? Im going to try and exchange it for a non warped one before Hallowen, but if rubies wont do it, I guess Ill keep it and seee if I can work with it. If I do keep it Im going to mod it into a Tie squadron elader with red accents and a new paint job, Im going to try on all my Tie stuff today and Ill post a pic here soon

My ultimate goal is to join the 501st and I can with a good quality Tie costume, but not with this helmet!

3. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    The Jango is made of the same stuff, but it is much thicker, and retains its form. I am not going to use that one however..I bought the 2 piece and sealed the gap and am in the process of repainting it. It is looking good so far.

4. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    all sounds good in the long run though guys.. your making progress.. not spinning your wheels.. and that is certainly a good thing.

5. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Cool Frankie, want me to ask the DSG if that wold be acceptable for meembership? Ive decided I definetly want int he 501st, and will probalby have a Tie done first since it would be a couiple hundred cheaper than a trooper.
    Well, I boiled my helmet and bent it back into shape then iced it and now it looks normal and I am pleased. Anyone recommend a good place to get some foam for the interior?

6. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    you boiled it.. that sounds scary.. glad you know what you are doing.. when the time comes I am so knocking on your door for help :)

7. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Alright, I got the patches on the jumpsuit, and the helmet primed for painting, looks awesome, I also yanked the tusks off the vader mask and am replacing them wit more movie accurate ones. I am also going to dremel the inside of the eyes down so I can see more.

8. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I think once you get going you have the bug DSJ!! I think it sounds like you are doing great.. I can't wait to see the finished product!!

9. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Oh yeah I totally do, much to my wifes chagrin, cause I want to spend so much frickin money!

Anyways, the Tie is almost done Ill have some pics up ehre soon, I am going to paint int over the weekend, but I need some suggestions on a chest harness for the box, anyone have any ideas?

Also, anyone want to hit a costume contest? tey are most likely going to be over the weekend sicne Halloween is a Monday, we can split the winnings ;-)

10. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    see this Cathie?

http://www.millenniumfalcon.com/

11. WookieWallaby

WookieWallaby Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2005
    DSJ, sorry I missed your Vader unveiling. Therefore, I have to ask; does your suit have the "breathing" effect? If it doesn't, I found a "breather" unit at a temp costume shop called "Spirit Halloween Superstore" located at Orange Grove and Thornydale, right by Sam Levitz. They sell for six bucks, but the downside is that you have to keep the "on" button pressed continuously to make the thing work. Really, how hard would it have been to install an "on/off" switch? Thought I'd let you know.

12. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Thanks WW I appreciate it, I actualy bought one expecting to wear the Hasbro mask beforfe gettnig the Supremem costume, only to find the supreme came with it anyways

13. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    I really should make a Light side Jedi Costume for me too...with all the bells and whistles. I just picked up all the paints I need to complete Jang's helmet to make it look grrrreat...and I stopped by Borders, and guess what? Yup...I was drawn in and picked up Luke's Saber from ROTJ. I also put another on hold...so if you have 125 dollars and are willing to have one of these SUPER RARE sabers let me know, and I will tell you what to tell the people so they will sell it to you! They will hold it for 3 days.

14. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    the idea of hitting a costume contest sounds fun.. Jake is up for whatever ya'll come up with.. he has said that if you can't reach him by phone by around noon.. someone may need to come start door pounding and bell ringing to get him up.. but he wants to join up with everyone for whatever the plans are.. from the clinic to whatever. I am just so envious.. I hope ya'll take lot's of pics.

15. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Aw man i ened that saber but have no cash! I bet I wot find it again for that much either. It would be one of the final pieces to my dark Empire Luke costume I was going to try and join the Rebel Legion with ! Oh, well, looks like Ill have to stick with th Tie costume and trying to join the DSG.
    I just discovered an entire forum dedicated to Tie pilots! http://www.tiepilot.org/ and joined right up

Dont worry Cat we'll take alot of pics. I still havn't head from Best Buy and KRQ yt to see if we can get an event going to the DVD release.

Oh hey they opened one of my new favorite stores ont he northside called the Sportsmans Warehouse. It has a ton of awesome outdoorsy stuff, including airsoft Frankie! Over int he gun section there is a huge selection of holsters, and ammo pouches, and some of the brown leaher ammo pouches look VERY Jedi-ish. I also bought two balcavlas (head shrouds) for wearing under the helmets, check it out Frankie they might have one jango colored.

All i need now fr my Tie is the chest box and belt (I have the buckle on its way), I hope the chest box comes soon because I still havnt hear from Rich from Richs armor and its geting me worried. Ill have to use an old bullet proof vest carrier until can buy or make a Tie vest. I should have my helmet done this weekend (tues-thursday) and Ill pst progress pics!

16. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Oh hey they opened one of my new favorite stores ont he northside called the Sportsmans Warehouse. It has a ton of awesome outdoorsy stuff, including airsoft Frankie! Over int he gun section there is a huge selection of holsters, and ammo pouches, and some of the brown leaher ammo pouches look VERY Jedi-ish. I also bought two balcavlas (head shrouds) for wearing under the helmets, check it out Frankie they might have one jango colored.

Sweet, where is this place at again??

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    times like these make me wish for my body of ye old world past.. I would sell myself for an FX Luke saber... NOT!! but I would spend savings to get it.. doesn't anyone believe in lay away anymore?

hopefully in another month Jake and I will be caught up on bills enough to get back to costume making! In the meantime.. I am here to support and help everyone on whatever they need... if anyone wants to come over and get help on sewing or whatever.. I have this coming sat, sun, mon, and tues to give to the effort.

18. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Anyone have any suggestions on what I could use for Tie armor?

19. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Where exactly would you wear the Tie fighter armor? I know there is a chest box,and helmet, but other than that..I dont recall any armor...hmmm....

http://members.fortunecity.com/bubbas_barn/tie-pilot-costume.jpg

20. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Its the fiberglass or plastic vest thats holding his chest box on.

21. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
  22. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Thats pretty sweet, I may steal his idea to make my Tie Pilot Vest since I cant get a real one in time.

23. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    You guys see this? We should do it! Since I can't do my vader since I didn't make it, Im going to submit my Dark Empire Luke.

24. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    that's a great idea as well!!

25. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Hey Cathie, I just got in my Vader boots, so I am not going to need to dye or paint my Jedi boots, does Jake want to borrow them? I Mean, as much as I enjoyed his authentic Obi Wan tennies, I thought Id still offer. [face_beatup]