main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

IGNLive Gaming Convention Anaheim CA, Oct. 22nd & 23rd!

Discussion in 'Archive: Bakersfield CA' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Oct 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    IGN Live Be The Game

IGN Live brings IGN.com to Life. Visit the website at http://www.ign.com and click on IGNLIVE!

IGN Live is IGN.com's first live event taking place on October 22nd and 23rd at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA. This live event will feature the top releases for the 2005 holiday season, seminars on how to get into the video game industry, live panels with video game publishers/developers, enormous video game tournaments, exclusive first looks at the hottest game trailers, and overall lifestyle entertainment related to cars, gear, music etc.

Attendees will be able to view trailer exclusives in the Dolby® HD Theater, a venue that seats over 250 people and is equipped with high-definition video and Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound. Attend exclusive seminars, in association with the Game Developers Conference, telling gamers ?How to Break into the Game Industry.? Other live panels will be conducted by IGN Entertainment editors who will be interacting with personalities across videogames, movies, music and technology.

The event takes place Saturday Oct. 22nd, and Sunday Oct. 23rd at the Anaheim Convention Center in Hall D located at:

800 West Katella Avenue,
    Anaheim, CA 92802

Show hours are from 10-7 on Saturday and 10-6 on Sunday

Here is a link to the sponsors and exhibitors which will be at the event: http://live.ign.com/sponsors.html

There will be a gamespy tournement arena for Halo 2, Battlefield 2, and Counter-Strike.

Feel free to come dressed as your favorite character as they will have contests and will be awarding cash prizes for the best dressed.

Entry is $15 per day to attend, and $9 for parking (*** If you are a costumed member "working" the event, you get free admittance and parking, see below under "Costumed Event Opportunity.")

We will have a booth at this event which will be shared by the costuming clubs. We will have flyers for our club and our photo album at the booth. IGN has asked us to bring any cool props, cut-outs or other
    items so that we can turn our 10 x 10 booth in a Star Wars type den. If you have any ideas or items to donate to the booth, please post in this thread. There will be at least 6-8 costumed members in and around the booth at all times as they will be taking pictures with guests, who can then go online to download their pictures with the Star Wars characters. IGN is providing a photographer for this event. A Star Wars type backdrop would be cool if any of you have one, or know who does, or how we could make one. This would also be cool to use in other future events.

- You can participate in the messageboard for this event here: http://boards.ign.com/IGN_Live/b8594/

******* Costumed Event Opportunity ********

I am in need of 25-30 costumed members daily to work this event with both Good Guy and Bad Guy costumes. I have all the Jedi I need, thanks, but still need "other" good guy costumes, and all bad-guy costumes. Costumed workers get free admission and parking. (See note on parking below)

I am also in need of several stormtroopers each morning to stand at the door and "act like security" during the informal checks of backpacks and purses. It would be good to have perhaps an Imperial officer or two each morning to assist as well.

Each costumed member is required to work a 2 hour shift at the booth in costume. You of course may go and take all the breaks you need as required, there will be a changing area provided for you. We will have 6-8 costumed members at the photo booth at all times.

We will be having MTV 2 there so I?m sure they will be getting many shots with the Star Wars costumed members. Basically, IGN wants you guys to enjoy the event and have fun with the fans, nothing too structured or crazy. And of course you are welcome to play the games!

Everyone who wishes to attend, please post below with your name, what costumes you have, and give me your preferences of shifts. Also let me know if you can work on Saturday, Sunday, or both days. The shift times are 10-12, 12-2, 2-4, and 4-7 on Satu

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Update:

- I just received 56 free passes to this event, so that is how many costumed slots I have available.

- I also received 12 "2 for the price of 1 admissions." If anyone would like one of these for friends/family, let me know. That is a good deal as it is only $15 a day admission to this convention for two people. General admission at the door is $25.00 each.

- The event will be televised on MTV 2

- Video Game Hero/Villain costume contest $1,500 each cash award

- PokerStars "All-in tournement"

- Best Buy Main stage will hold panels hosted by the IGN and GameSpy editors, featuring some of the biggest names in the video game, movie, and technology industries.

- Classic Game Auctions. Bid on favorites such as Pacman, Galaga, Space Invaders etc.

- Game swap sale. Bring your old games and swap with others. Tables are $5.00.

- The cash prizes for the gaming tournements is $7,500, $2,500 each for the winners in Battlefield 2, Halo 2, and Counter-Strike

- They will be holding exclusive seminars on how to break into the Game Industry in association with the Game Developers Conference.

- Dolby HD Theatre. A 250 seat theatre with Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound where you can view exclusive game and movie trailers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.