main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO IMPORTANT!!! Planet Comicon response. PLEASE READ.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LukeSkiewalker, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Hey everyone. I just got off of the phone with Mr. Christopher Jackson. I found out that the regular Exhibitor space runs $300+. So that is really out of the questions and he really didn't want to reduce the price on that since that is where he makes all of his money.

BUT...

We still have two options (well they really are both the same).

They have what is called "The Artist's Gallery" where up and coming Comic book makers can display there works. You are not allowed to sell anything in this area (except he said we could sell some stickers and stuff to offset our costs). These are 4 foot tables and can seat two people at a time but Mr Jackson prefers that only one be at the booth at a time. Either way this is fine becuase it gives people a break and it allows us to actually hang out at the con.

OPTION 1: We pay $50 for this space. The $50 includes two admissions (those are worth $30) This is a very generous offer and Mr Jackson says he actually loses money on this part of the Con.

OPTION 2: We get the booth for free but 4 responsible adults (18 or older) would have to volunteer for at least 2 hours per person. These volunteers would do things like watching the doors, checking peoples armbands, badges, etc.

I personally like Option 1 myself. I can put up $25 if someone else can put in the other $25.

Also for those of you who would like to attend for free you are also invited to volunteer for 2-3 hours. For more details on this please PM me.

Whichever option we choose (hint: pick number 1!) we are DEFINITELY going to be at the con!

Whomever is going to attend this as part of the FanForce needs to be willing to be there both Saturday and Sunday.

Stay tuned for how we will plan this event.

2. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    You can count me in (option 1 methinks). PM on the way.

3. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Well Darth-Djin as agreed to help and spend the other $25.

However, like I have told others that does not preclude anyone from still attending for free if they are will to donate a few hours of their time.

With that being said, what would you guys like us to have at the Con to advertise this fan group.

So far the ideas I have thrown to DD are having an informal meeting at a restaurant about 2 weeks after the con. Having a formal meeting 2 weeks later to plan for Episode III. And then meeting up with everyone for EP III (one spot north of the river and one spot in JoCo)

I plan to have some t-shirts and bumper stickers for sale to help pay for web hosting (I am currently paying for that out of my pocket)

I also plan to have screen shots of our website and forum printed off for people to see. I would bring a laptop but I found out it is an additional $35 fee to use electricity. These fee is from the venue not the convention organizers so there is no way around it.

AND I plan on reviving the newsletter and having an Email sign-up sheet at the con. for those of you who weren't around when I did the newsletter PM me your email address and I will send you the last one I made Issue 3.

What else would you guys like us to have as representation of our FanForce?

Keep in mind that this is only a small 4 foot table so it can't be too extravangant. I plan on either using FanForce's banner (provided it is available) or making one.

We have a little more that three weeks to put this together.

4. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    Perhaps a planning meeting in the next week or so is in order.

If we want to do stuff on laptops, perhaps we can rotate them working on batteries. We have one too.

5. GsWookie

GsWookie Jedi Master star 1

Feb 4, 2005
    So, Skiewalker and DD would be taking turns at the KCFanForce table and the rest of us that want to get in free would have to work for the Comicon? I don't relish working for them at all. If I work, I would want it to be for the FanForce table.

Also, our batteries on laptops would only last a couple hours per laptop and then we'd have to go elsewhere to charge it....

So, when and where is a good place to have these meetings?

6. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    you might check your local comic shops. Some of them are selling 2 day passes for $12. If none are selling I know of one here in OP that is and I can give you directions to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.