main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

IMPORTANT!! Re-looking at SCFF Boardwalk Day....Cheerleader's Invading

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Master--Kenobi, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Ok, everyone I already posted this on the Sacramento Boards..but here it is for us:

Ok,

JUST found out from my sources at the Boardwalk that the weekend of Sept 23 is an Interstate Cheerleading "Thingy." Cheerleaders from all over are set to invade our little corner of hippiedom and take it over. Parades (what in the Sith is a Cheerleader "Parade" anyways) are set to go up and down the Boardwalk and the surrounding streets, as well as competitions, etc. Reliable sources say that it will be nay impossible to get anywhere near the beach, let alone the boardwalk or that area.

Also, for those coming from out of town. Most of the hotels (even the crappy cockroachy ones) are already booked, and those that have a room are going from $250 - $300 + a night! (Ouch)

The next weekend, however, Sat Sept 30th is virtually event free. Rooms are back to extremely reasonable off-season rates, and if we could change it we could have a lot more fun!

So, what is the possibility to get this changed to Sat, Sept 30th?

(I've been stuck at Disneyland during these Cheerleading things...Not fun at all, almost makes a Jedi want to go Darkside...hmmm maybe that is what actually happened to Anakin...[face_thinking]

Anyways...what does everyone think?

-Master K

2. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    So sorry to hear that! Ick, all that over-enthusiasm (Real word???) [face_sick]

3. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    It works for me as a real word. Yeah, after being exposed to 5 -18 year olds ad Disneyland and the rampant Pediophila that follows these events (not to mention that really obnoxious non-stop "attitude" that goes with it. Just decided it was better to spare all and just change the date.

Hey, why don't you come on up and enjoy the "Laid-back" Side of the Force? LOL:D

4. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Wish I could! But i'm doing FF related stuff this weekend and next, one more and the wife will slay me with my own lightsaber!

5. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    BLEH!!!!! Ok, I am still a little naive, I guess. Hard to believe, after over 5 years at a women's shelter/rape crisis center...you see a lot of stuff. But I SO didn't twig to the pedophilia danger until you said it. ARGH! ARGH ARGH ARGH!

Yeah, I could totally go Dark Side if I saw anything resembling that. (It's not Dark Side, it's JUSTICE...)

ANYway...

I think I could do the weekend of the 30th. :)

- Kai

6. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I think I can do that weekend too. I wouldn't want to miss hanging out with my favorite Jedi (and Sith) for all the world. :)

7. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Guess I'm glad I never went to any of those events at Dland, wow, no idea those things happened.

Did have to work a haunted house stage show venue after one of those cheerleading things at Great America once. What a mess they left behind, and unbelieveable amount of trash and mayhem, and we got stuck cleaning it up.

Dunno if we'll make it but don't let that slow things down. You got the ball, run with it.

8. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    *BUMP*

Ok, bumping this up. It looks like due to things beyond anyone's control, this date may not be working out. Also, Sacramento would like to wait until their fearless leader can join them. I'm right there with them on that one. Besides this is supposed to be one big party!!!!!:) So, I guess it's my turn to play "SCFF Leader for a Day" and say we look at rescheduling for another date. No, hurry. The Boardwalk isn't going anywhere anytime soon;)

Thoughts anyone?

9. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Just before November, please, or I'll be in New Zealand and will miss the whole thing!

- Kai

10. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    New Zealand???
    I fit quite nicely in a duffel bag and don't eat much!
    Take me with you!!!!

11. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Master Frodo, Sir.... you know that you shouldn't be going walk-about there by yourself!!!!!

;) :D

12. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Master Frodo..I could..carry it for you...share the load? All I ask is a little lembas and some water. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.