main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In Love and War - ROTJ-AU - H/L, L/V - Completed!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    LOL!!! Hmm, that would definately be a scene worth posting. I cant even imagine having that many kids under the age of four, good heavens! :eek:

Are you following the EU in terms of ages? What i mean is, if the twins are born and are a year old in The Jade Prophecy, will Anakin be on the way? Because THAT i couldnt even imagine.

:::faints at the thought of four toddlers:::

Congrats LP. Now onward to victory!!. Trust me, if i decide to actually participate, you have my vote(s).

::Windstar Out::

2. Shloz

Shloz Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2001
    Very nice work, L_P. It well deserved its nominations.

The wedding was very nicely described, the rituals intriguing and romantic. It's nice that the dead actually came to attend and bless, as per the ancient custom.

The prospect of a L/M sequel is exciting, as I can come out of closet and admit to being more of a L/M fan than H/L. Not that that diminishes anything from your previous work. ;)

I hope it's not considered bad form to mention this now, after the end, but Leia did not seem very Jedi-like in these last posts: she let her emotions, especially her more Dark-prone ones, cloud her judgment and her thinking. After her final confrontation and triumph on the Death Star, it seemed a little out-of character to react to Han's (admittedly foolish) behavior the way she did. I almost agreed with TJM, that Leia would finally go Darkside. Seems that hormones (mainly female :D ) are more powerful even than the Force!

Again, wonderful fic, and I really enjoyed being along for the ride. Have a great (working...) vacation, and I look forward to jumping on again on the Beyond forum!

3. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Congratulations for the nominations!
    You deserve them!

And thanks again for the story and the great time I have reading it. :)

I have a favor to ask.
    I would be on vacation the whole August :) :) ( you can be as jealous as you want [face_devil] ) and September is a very busy month for teachers, here, so if you send the blind, stupid JediArwen a PM when the new story begins, she will be forever thankfull!
    I don't intend to leave the boards completely. You see there are two Internet cafes in Patmos -the island I'll be- with a very reliable internet connection and since the three men of my life have fishing plans :( , I'll have time for surfing... :) but it won't be so often. And as I said in September I will not have time to scratch my head. (Greek expression -I don't know if you use it.) So I don't want to miss the beginning again as I had for "Convalescence". :_| :_|
    Please! I am begging you.

Thanks again for the great story.
    JediArwen.

4. recklessabandon

recklessabandon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2002
    Okay, first of all I'd like to say: HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARRISON!!!

LOL Anyway, that was a great ending to an even greater story. *tear* I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S OVER! Well at least we still have Convalesence. :D

I'm definetly interested in that sequel. I'll be looking foward to it.

Ciao everybody. Until tommorrow.

5. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    TorontoJediMaster: You look forward to analyzing it??? :eek:

- Oh dear....

RebelPrincess: Did you have a good trip? Where did you go?

- Thank you so much for your kind support on this fic. I'm glad you liked the ending.

J_Girl: [face_blush] Thank you!

malaika: Thank you again for reading the story. I'm so glad you liked it. And ooohhh...Kenya!!

Bri_Windstar: Are you following the EU in terms of ages? What i mean is, if the twins are born and are a year old in The Jade Prophecy, will Anakin be on the way? Because THAT i couldnt even imagine.

- No, actually, I'm not following the EU in terms of ages. If I followed the EU, Jaina and Jacen wouldn't even be born for another 2-3 years. And yes...4 kids under 5 is a flipping nightmare.

Congrats LP. Now onward to victory!!. Trust me, if i decide to actually participate, you have my vote(s).

- Thanks, although I think you should vote no matter whom you vote for. :)

Shloz: I almost agreed with TJM, that Leia would finally go Darkside. Seems that hormones (mainly female :D ) are more powerful even than the Force!

- HEY! :mad: * grins * Actually, I've had quite a few arguments with my husband where I pretty much went to the Dark Side...although for me to be able to believe that Leia would go Dark, she would need a really powerful catalyst, like Han's or Rydor's deaths. Otherwise, I just can't see her actually going Dark, just sort of dabbling in it.

- And a closet L/M-er, eh?

JediArwen: Well, yes, I am jealous that you get to have a whole month of vacation, but of course I'll PM you when the new fic gets up and running.

recklessabandon: Thank you so much for reading the fic. I'm so glad you liked it.

And, of course, it's late, but I'd still like to say:

[face_love] Happy Birthday Han! [face_love]

6. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    Hi there! In answer to your question about my trip, I went to Denver to help my sister and her family move. I grew up there, and that's where a lot of my family is, so it was nice to see everyone. I also got to see my brand new niece for the first time! Taking care of a 3 1/2 month old and a 7 year old is exhausting ( RP gives a round of applause to all you mothers out there)

I have to say though, I was going through withdrawal from this story while I was gone! :) And it's always nice to come back home to Florida :)

7. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Four kids all under five....and all of them Force sensitive? Wow.

I can see it now. Leis is standing in front of a locked closet door. She's saying; "Sweetheart, I know another new baby can be scary, but it's nothing to get so upset about. Nobody loves you any less. Now, come on out of the closet....I'll make your favourite dessert." Just then Rydor comes up to Leia. He offers "Let me help, mommy", and he uses the Force to open the lock. In the back of the closet, huddled in a corner weeping, is Han. :D

I wonder how Han would cope with FOUR Force senstive children, all under the age of five? Has he taken into consideration, what types of material they could throw around, using the Force? :D The possibilities are endless...and very gross. :D What if they all use their Force powers at once to do something like pin him to the ceiling if lunch is late in coming? :D

8. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    AAND it's done! :D

Lovely ending, LP. And no-one ever thanked me for reading before!

And L/M...uh-oh. Will it have lots of H/L mushy bits? Is Mara going to hurt Luke in the slightest?
    *sharpens coffin fragments, in preparation for skewering Mara if she so much as scratches Luke*

Well, seeing as it's you, I'll give it a try. :D

9. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

RebelPrincess: I'm glad you had a good time in Denver. And thank you so much for staying to read the end of the fic.

TorontoJediMaster: Why is it so scary for Han to have 4 Force-sensitive toddlers? In the EU, he had 3 Force-sensitive ones and seemed to survive.

Sock_of_Darth_Vader: Cat! How nice to see you back. I'm glad you liked the ending. As for what the red-haired lady will do...I'm still not sure. I have an outline done for the next fic, but there are so many hazy portions where I don't have the details tacked down, I'm not sure yet. And yes, there will still be stuff about H/L. :)

10. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Grr...stupid double post!

11. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    I guess I'm a little late in responding, but I have a good excuse, really. ;) Nothing like having your modem fried by a lightning strike. :(

Wow! what an ending, LadyPadme. I think LFL should have hired you to write Han and Leia's wedding. Very well done and I loved the news release in the beginning. Nice touch. Oh, and going back to the post before, I loved Han's explanation, but I was just about to throttle Leia when she initially said 'no' to Han's second proposal. I wouldn't have blamed him one little iota if he'd just walked away from her and never looked back. Fortunately for Leia, Han doesn't give up that easily. And that's why we all love him. Anyway, great job and I look forward to the sequel. :D

12. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Okay, prepare for an long session of gushing, all directed at the goddess of the thread, LadyPadme.

When I first came to the boards, I was looking solely for prequel-fiction, and I found some extremely well-written pieces. My standards grew, and I thought that the JC housed some of the best fan fiction stories I'd ever read. So I branched out. I read more than I had originally planned, and ended up with a huge fondness for Han/Leia stories, in addition to all of my original attachments.

So I started looking for good H/L, and I found several excellent stories. When I did your interview for the author thread, I made a note to check out "Of Spies and Sabacc." I read it and loved it. And then, following suit, I checked out this story and was completely. Blown. Away. By everything.

I loved it from beginning to end. I was on pins and needles to find out what would happen when Han seemed to reject Rydor, and I could see every second of the training on Dagobah. And all of the wonderful plotting and story was followed directly by your beautiful writing style that took my breath away and gave me shivers.

I only wish that I'd been there for the beginning (or even the middle). :_| I hate missing such excellent stories.

In short, I'll definitely be checking out "Convalescence," and I'll definitely be heading towards "The Jade Prophecy" when you start to post it.

13. Tara

Tara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2002
    Awesome ending for an awesome fanfic Lady Padme!

I'm sorry if I don't always have the time to reply, but this story is one of the first threads I check every morning when I log in. You've done such a wonderful job, and I look forward to reading anything else you may have in store for us! (We'll keep you from falling to the L/M side ;))

You are always so sweet in replying to everyone's responses, and a joy to work with as well. You know you can sign me up for your sequel! :D

EDIT: Where do I go to nominate your fic?

14. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Sologal: Great to see you back again! Thank you so much for reading through and I'm glad you liked the ending. Look forward to seeing you on the next story. :)

Lady_Moonbeam: * blushes furiously * [face_blush]

Wow. I am so blown away by your response. Considering that the fics of yours that I've read have been first rate, I'm very flattered that you enjoyed the story, and I look forward to seeing you on the next one, too.

Tara: * waves * Hi again! Thank you! I'm so glad you liked the ending. And don't worry, even though I'm writing L/M, H/L will always be my first love.

- And it's too late to nominate this story for anything, but the Fanfic awards will be coming up soon on the Writer's Resource. * whispers * VOTE FOR ME! :p ;)

15. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    I dunno about voting, the previous two that have been held since my becoming a member of the JC have been one big drama fest, the last one attacking ME by associstion alone. I wasnt even at the awards, and that just doesnt fly with me.

We'll see :)

16. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

MY EVIL TWIN GABRI_JADE AND I HAVE WON THE TRIVIA CONTEST!!!!

Throws confetti in celebration

:D :D :D :D :D

WOOHOOO!!!!!!

17. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    CONGRATULATIONS LP!
    I knew like 3 answers to the whole trivia... and yes, the only ones were related to Han Leia.. jejeje.

DM

18. FreighterPilot

FreighterPilot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2003
    Congrats LadyPadme and Gabri_Jade !! I didn't even understand most of the words in the questions!

19. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    Be warned, everyone. And don't say I didn't tell you.

It starts with mere trivia contests...

It ends with the world in their hands...

20. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Bri_Windstar: * sighs * I can understand. That whole thing was a rough time. Well, whatever you're comfortable with.

FreighterPilot and DarthMasan: Thanks!

KatarnLead: It starts with mere trivia contests...

It ends with the world in their hands...

- Shhhh! * shifty eyes * Don't give it all away! :eek:

...All right guys, it's my first week post-fic, and I think I'm going into feedback withdrawal :p

I'm working on the new fic--promise! The only thing is, that I had a rough outline of the story and then decided to change a lot of the plot, which necessitated redoing a lot of what I've already had written, not to mention a lot more research. I don't know the post-RotJ characters that well, so don't be surprised if I butcher things totally. Also, I planned to have a war in this follow up fic, and I'm the worst strategist out there (I stink at chess and Risk)...so I've been reading excerpts from The Art of War, and reading about different SW spaceship models at the CUSWE.

So...maybe around Christmas?

- j/k, hopefully before then, but I can't promise when. ;)

21. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    See the pretty colors!!! :D :D :D

Burkie's on to us! :eek: You know what we must now do, LP. [face_devil] :p

You're not going to butcher anything, silly. It'll be lovely. :)

22. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    LP, I only have a few pages left to finish, and I'm being kicked off the computer so I'll be quick:

THIS STORY IS INCREDIBLE!

I love it to death, LP! And ok, I never usually cry when I read fanfic. It takes a really awesome and moving scene to get to me, and well...even though this is a H/L fic, you should know that the final scenes where Vader became Anakin again, and then right before he died...I had tears streaming down my face. Highly unusual...I cry in movies, not normally when I read. Bravo, and well done! Oh yeah, and I got teary when Leia was about to sacrifice herself to save her family. That was very poignant.

Ok, I have to get off, but I'll finish reading tomorrow. :D

~Vi~

EDIT: Finished it! Marvelous ending, LP! I especialy loved the ghosts appearing at the end, and Anakn and Padmé looking upon their beloved family. Beautiful! Can't wait for the Jade Prophecy!

23. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    :::logs on to JC and sees Forum Announcement:::

Oy!

Congrats to both of you. Dont let the excitement of it all give you a heartattack.

8-}

24. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Gabri_Jade: Burkie's on to us! You know what we must now do, LP.

- What? We both jump on top of him and tickle him till he cries uncle?

ViariSkywalker: Wow! Welcome to the thread. I'm so excited that you're reading. Thank you for your review, and I'm so glad you like it :)

Bri_Windstar: Heh. You're too late. Have already had the heart attack. :)

25. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    So, it had a happy ending :) :)

It was a really fine story- though I admit I'm not a H/L fan (I have no problems with that kind of fics but generally there isn't enough of Lord Vader in them ;) ) but I liked this one- well written, creative, good characterization- even though I did not reviewed it regularly, I was a faithful reader... :) I'm already missing this story :D