main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In Name Only (H/L-AU Post-ANH) - Updated 7/19/07 - Demons in the Nighttime

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Brilliant! And of course the banter is the best part! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Excellent!

2. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Nicely done!

:)

3. calgary

calgary Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2004
    Oh the banter is everything! Han and Leia have to be the toughest to write. Without the banter, there is almost no story.

Glad you have Rieekan in there. Only sorry you can't update this more then once a week.

4. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    ?You can write??

HAAAAA!! There's a gut buster!! ROTFLMAO !! I love the interaction, it's totally realistic. Where's Chewy in all of this?

5. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Han and Leia fighting. Everything is right with the world. Han gave in much more quickly than Leia. Very telling.

If they only knew that Luke was her brother, they wouldn't need a husband but it would be a lot less fun. ;)

6. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    *dives in* Oooo! Fun! :D

*gathers popcorn* Hope I don't need my Sun Crusher and Death Star army. ;) *sits back and waits*

7. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Awwwww....Han's already turning mushy for her.... great pre ESB UST and bickering, every H/L shipper's favorite aspect of our favorite couple.... I'm so glad you have a new story... I've missed you!

A. Windsor

8. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Great beginning! I love how you write Rieekan. It's always nice to know that Han and Leia had someone helping them out when they were both too stubborn to help themselves. My favorite part of Chapter 2 was that Rieekan did not even have to mention money to get Han to agree to the mission. Nice touch! And as always, the bickering was beautifully written. Pure verbal bliss!

9. Kazzy

Kazzy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 17, 2002
    I love it! Han and Leia are hilarious, but then it is kind of a tricky position to be put into. One that should cause all sorts of fun;)

10. zsuzsa

zsuzsa Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2003
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    O MY! Such insults were thrown back and fort in fron of the Bosses.

Finally they agreed to take the mission. Good! [face_dancing]
    The show must go on!

Zs.

11. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Good point, SoloFan! No money was mentioned to Han, and yet he agreed to do it. That says an awful lot, doesn't it?

12. Delpo

Delpo Jedi Master star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    It's great to have another story by LadyPadme!
    (I missed the first post, but now I'm happily hooked on how you write Han and Leia.)

By the way... some of you have mentioned Han accepting without knowing about the reward. But Leia DID react (in part at least) due to the reward. Now who's the mercenary? ;-)

13. owphoenix

owphoenix Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    Great as alway!

14. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    I just found this. Am so glad to see a new one by you LadyP. This is great!! can't wait for more.

15. Webogirl

Webogirl Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2004
    You started a new fic!!!! :)

I'm happy. I have Valentine candy to munch on, a warm blankie and a new H/L fic. It just doesn't get any better than this. Great start!!!!

16. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    More! More! More! Please? :)

17. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was wonderful! 8-}

Can't wait for more!

18. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    I'm here!!! I found it!
    It looks great! love the characterizations! greatjob!
    cant wait for more!!!

DM

19. HerHighness33

HerHighness33 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 11, 2004
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH! I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED THIS!!

Gosh, this sounds an AWEFUL lot like another ongoing fic.... ;) As long as it doesn't turn out like that one (In 2 ways: dragging its readers on and then abandoning them, or complete angst, torture, and turmoil).

20. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    I know I am late but last week had been very stressful... [face_tired]

Great chapter, dear! You always captured H/L's relationship magnificently! =D=

?Listen, sweetheart, no offense, but suddenly the thought of meeting with Jabba the Hutt again is starting to look much more attractive.?

?Compared with you, the thought of marrying Jabba the Hutt would be an attractive one!? Leia shot back.

Nice touch! Although I think that when both of them would meet their wish, they won't find it so attractive... Keeped in carbonite and chained to Jabba, dressed in the metal bikini... :D

Yes,? Mon Mothma answered unhesitatingly. ?If you had any male relatives alive we could find some way of circumventing this, but unfortunately, the only way now for you to acquire a protector is to marry one.? [face_thinking]

Well, she has, but unfortunately -and fortunately for us to have your magnificent story- nobady knows...

?Well, if I had to marry someone to complete this mission, couldn?t the three of you have had the courtesy to consult me before you decided to pick Han? Couldn?t it be someone else? What about Luke for instance?? :eek:

Oh, no! No, princess! Don't give Lady Vader... eh.. Padme any ideas...
    You know this reminds me a little chat between you, Gabri and me about ancient Greek tragedies and I feel rather [face_worried]
    Lets [-o| that we'll stick to LadyPadme in this story although I am afraid that LadyVader will make her appearance...

General Rieekan took advantage of Han?s mental turmoil. ?If you don?t take this mission, I?m not sure who else I can count on. We have to send Princess Leia because the king specifically requested that she run this mission?but if you won?t help her, I suppose we could speak to Lieutenant Janson?or Major Derlin?or Commander Skywalker. Have one of them ?marry? her and help her. :eek:

Oh, no, Han! Don't deny the mission, do not allow to have married to Luke...

Han swallowed and cleared his throat. He looked away from the General but his voice was steady as he said: ?I promised you one last mission. I?ll do it.? [face_dancing]

Thanks, god!

?You told him about the reward the king is offering for a successful mission?? Dodonna asked.

Rieekan shook his head. ?No, I didn?t have to.?

So the clever general knew what buttons he had to push with the Corellian... ;)

21. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    OOh love that post! Dang Leia was stubborn, and I too wonder what happened in the cave...Han agreed first, very eenteresting! Though Riekkan did pull a jealousy card, smart boy. Can't wait for more!

22. kyp_durron_fan_2009

kyp_durron_fan_2009 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Padme- I love this! I can't believe how Reikkan figured that out! More, please!

23. VadersMiharu

VadersMiharu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2004
    Hello LadyPadme ! :)

Great to see that this fic has started! Looks like every tuesday I've to come to the boards. ;)

This story looks great and very funny! Looking forward to more!

24. calgary

calgary Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2004
    Just getting the story up....can't wait for the nexr post

25. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

You guys are simply the BEST! ;)

Okay, onto replies:

GreatOne: I like how Han caved in to this assignment a bit easier than Leia. And for a totally different reason, - jealousy!

- But you know he'll never admit to that! ;)

rxchiquita: Well, you KNOW they both secretly (somewhere deep down where neither one has admitted it) wants to do this, but they're too proud to admit it out loud :p

dm1: Of course, Leia's the only one who can insult him...and in so many different ways :p

JediFalcon: Rieekan is my favorite of the Alliance High Command. I don't know if he was or wasn't partisan to H/L in profic, but heck, why not have him be this way in fanfic?

KnightedRogue: The banter/insults were spot-on characterization, and the length of time it took to convince both to actually do it was realistic and not rushed. Fabulous, fabulous.

- Thanks. Glad you liked the pacing. Originally, it was going to be much shorter and faster, but as I was writing the insults just kept adding to themselves ;)

SaraKenobi: Thanks! And again, congrats on your colors! :D

dianethx: I'm really enjoying this. Han and Leia seem right at home bickering - it's what they do best! LOL.

[pseudoFrenchaccent]Ahh yes, ze bickering, ze fighting, dare we say it? It must be love zat iz in ze air!! :p [/pseudoFrenchaccent] [face_laughing]

DarthIshtar: Thanks! The 'you can write' was a last minute insertion, but it looks like it was pretty popular :D

Jedi_of_Imladris: Funny how Han wasn't told of the reward and he agreed to go, while Leia had to be told of the gain the Rebels would make in order for her to agree to go.

* grins * We all know that Han just pretends to be mercenary. And while Leia isn't mercenary, she's buried her true feelings for Han even deeper than he has, so of course, she needs more incentive ;)

Katarina42: Thanks!

princess_meg: But of course, we know that Han just needs any old excuse to help Leia ;)

LianaMara: Thanks! Glad you liked the banter!

...and how big of a stick do you want to thwack my muse with? :p

VaderLVR64: Thank you! Glad you liked H/L's little 'exchange' :)

QueenofAces: Hasn't that ever happened to you before? You get so worked up you forget where you are and just let loose? [face_blush]

HanSolo29: There's not so much about the cave, but it's a cool teaser, isn't it? :p

Idrelle_Miocovani: Thanks! I'm so glad you liked it :)

jade51999: Thanks!

calgary: I just love writing Han and Leia banter. It's the best thing about their romance ;)

- And thanks for the up!

AvenKiel: You know that if Chewie was here for this exchange he'd be busting a gut over the two of them ;)

RebelMom: Han and Leia fighting. Everything is right with the world.

* grins * Definitely, everything seems to be in its proper place when those two go at each other :D

JSM: Erm...fire up your weapons! ;)

A-Windsor: [face_blush] Why, I missed you too! And give BB a big Auntie LP kiss for me! :*

Solo_Fan: Welcome to the story. And thanks! Glad you liked H/L's banter :)

Kazzy: Han/Leia + tricky situation = fun and angst :p Thanks! ;)

zsuzsa: Indeed, the show must go on. We can't get enough of H/L :D

dm1: Of course Han wouldn't really need money to help Leia. But we all knew that :)

Delpo: Of course, you know that Leia's not really mercenary. Just needs more nudging than Han to give in ;)

owphoenix: Thanks!

starwarsfan68: Thanks! Welcome to the story!

Webogirl: I'm happy. I have Valentine candy to munch on, a warm blankie and a new H/L fic. It just doesn't get any better than this. Great start!!!!

- Awww...thank you! What a lovely compliment! [face_love]

LovelyLea: More tomorrow, as promised ;)

LaYa_: Thank you!

- And thanks for sending your mom this way, too [fac

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.