main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends In the Fog (18ABY, L/M, the Solos, Rogue Squadron, etc.; action, humor, romance.Ch 10 UP - 7.03.12)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mondra, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Poor Luke, he's always getting into these weird situations. LOL! I was just waiting for somebody to tell him, "Oh, by the way, the People of Ao'n are all nudists, so get those clothes off buddy."

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love the intrigue and the 'situations' Luke is getting into

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Loved Wedge and Iella. [face_love] They need some time together.

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol! Why does Luke always have to pretend to be married? Is something going to happen to Saya and is Mara going to have to take her place in the mission, because I would LOVE that!

Lol! I love Wedge and Iella, and Tycho and Winter.

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Awwww for the Wedge/Iella part - their happiness to see each other spilled out all over the scene even though they kept a discreet lid on things in front of others [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

Aha! Luke has to act married to Tian [face_laugh] I love these type situations. Perfect when Mara's the other one [face_dancing] and when she's not it's perfect for making her jealous LOL!

Oooh, the final scene =D= tangible irrefutable evidence is being gathered against Fey'lya.

6. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Did I miss an update??? How did I do that?? I'm so sorry!!! Can you PM me?? [face_batting] That would be awesome!!

I'm liking how this is shaping up. Mara certainly doesn't seem happy with Farmboy's new 'bride'. LOL!!

I can't wait to see what you've got in store for us!

7. Mondra

Mondra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2010
    Whew! Sorry for such a late update, Darth RealLife had me in a chokehold for a while. Plus, I spend more and more time staring at my boyfirend's shirtless photos, so there's no time left for writing... Gah!

Jedi_Lover - Don't we all just love putting Luke in awkward situations? He's just too cute when he's embarassed. :D

earlybird-obi-wan - Thanks! I hope the plot will start making more and more sense in the next few chapters...

Hazel - That they do! I like writing them very much.

Briannakin
    - If memory serves me right, I read only one fic where Luke had to pretend to be with someone else than Mara; if you know some others, let me know! :) I have some other plans for Saya though... Hehehehe...

Jade_eyes - Thank you! The whole point of this part of plot is to make Mara aware of her feelings... But she won't do so without a few problems on the way. [face_mischief]

ginchy - Thanks! I can start a PM list... I'm flattered that you'd want to be on one. :D

8. Mondra

Apr 12, 2010
    A/N Big thanks to Jade_eyes, my wonderful beta! Thank you for your patience and advice! :D

Chapter 7

?... and lay low until I say otherwise, is that clear?? said the cloaked holographic figure. Kabeth was standing behind his father, listening intently to the exchange. It seemed that their current ally and information source was getting more and more arrogant, but he could tell that Moff Darel wouldn't dream of directly disobeying him; his father was indeed a pitiful excuse of a leader.

?As you wish, my lord.? Darel An'pag bowed and the connection was cut.

?Since when did you start calling him ?lord??? Kabeth asked mockingly, his amusement only heightening when he saw his father's scowl.

?None of your business, boy.? The Moff spun around abruptly and started pacing, like he did ever so often nowadays. ?You know who are we dealing with, so it's better to stay in his good graces. Besides, it was your mothers' idea.? he spat the word ?mother? and pressed ?clear log? button on the comm unit.

?Is there something wrong, husband?? Kabeth heard a voice behind him and turned to greet his mother. She was a tall, strikingly beautiful and elegant woman and he was suddenly glad that he had at least one parent whom he could be proud of.

?Welcome home, mother.? He said as he gave her three customary kisses on both cheeks. ?I hope your trip to the Motona system was pleasant??

?You know how I love their hot springs.? She spoke, completely ignoring her husband. ?But the infrastructure is terrible, I daresay. Next time I shall have to bring all my aides with me.?

?Next time, mother, we will be spending our vacation on Chandrila, with Mon Mothma serving us drinks.? Kabeth smirked. ?Comm Gnat and tell him to be ready by morning.? he addressed his father and followed his mother out the door, leaving his father to brood in solitude.

Leia sighed heavily when the Selonian senator stepped down after his long speech about nothing in particular. Patience, she thought, this is democracy, every being has the right to say something. She scowled as she saw the next speaker's name on the list. The current Ralltiiri senator, Jan Tond, was a friend of Fey'lya and she's heard rumors, as strange as it sounded, that they were gathering a coalition of senators to vote for impeachment.

?Gentlebeings, my fellow senators!? Tond began his speech in a traditional way, and Leia listened intently through the whole thing. Tond was cautious and didn't throw big accusations at her, but she knew he and his colleagues were just testing the ground and looking for potential supporters.

When the Ralltiiri senator was nearing the end of his speech, one of Leia's secretaries crouched behind her and whispered.

?Senator Fey'lya arranged for a press conference after this session. What do we do about it, President??

?I can't run to him like a starved mynock every time he wants to provoke me.? The Princess said after a moment of careful deliberation. ?Ask Senator Gavrisom if he could deal with that. He's good with words.? She smiled ruefully as this particular line reminded her of her husband, who was probably tinkering with the Falcon's innards at that moment, but shook her head to clear her mind. ?We will have to tread softly for now, but I sense the time for big sticks is coming soon...?

?Iella, we've been at this for ten days now. How long do you think they'll keep us waiting?? Wedge rubbed his eyes as his wife bent over the map to examine it once more. ?Staring at the map won't help in this case, hon. We'll just have to wait 'till Luke returns.?

?The effort they put into concealing the base disturbs me.? The NRI agent said and squeezed her husband's hand. ?And I just thought I'd do something useful and get away from our charming companion for a while.? She admitted reluctantly and Wedge could see that she felt guilty about the current situation with agent Tian, or Saya, as she insisted everyone should call her.

?It's not your fault she's acting like a star-struck cute teenager. You didn't recruit her, Cracken did and I bet it

9. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Oh boy, Mara has her claws out! CAT FIGHT!!:p Mara's right, Freedom is never Free!

Mara better pay a little more attention to Luke or else she may lose out on him. I think that other girl has her eyes on the prize and by prize I mean a certain hot farmboy.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mondra: :) :)

Woot for the Luke/Mara/Saya exchange =D=

11. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    LOLOL!!! Mara saw Luke's blush and the gauntlet was thrown. Saya's in trouble now. [face_laugh] [face_laugh] But Mara's speech makes a good point. She doesn't suffer fools lightly and for good reason. Saya's not a fool (even Mara had to admit that she was good at her job) but she shouldn't try so hard to make everyone like her.

Love how Luke was impressed with Mara. [face_love] I think she surprises him and he likes that.

What are Wedge and Iella up to?? [face_thinking]

Great update and thanks for the PM!! [:D]

12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hehehe, Mara appears to be a bit jealous, doesn't she? ;)

And she did make an excellent point.

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hehehe, I think Mara is jelious. Cat fight!!

But Mara makes some good points. Plus freedom VS equality is a fundamental debate in politics.

14. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Freedom yes. Mara has a point and great writing on those scenes

15. Mondra

Apr 12, 2010
    Thank you all for reading! The last few days have been quite busy - working, planning my trip and trying to get myself to look presentable when my other half arrives (Do you have any tips? "How to turn into a goddess in a week" or something like that :D), so the updates are going to be a little less frequent now.

I've been reading some essays by Leszek Kolakowski, a Polish philospher (check out his work, some of it is translated into English, because he was a professor at Cambridge for a while) and that's what gave me inspiration for a few next chapters.

Jedi_Lover - At this point she doesn't even realise she wants to fight... But I hope someone'll knock some sense into her soon :p

Jade_eyes - Thank you! I had so much fun writing this! Hehehe...

ginchy - Thank you! Mara keeps surprising Luke all right... It what my boyfriend told me lately. He had a "nice" Christmas without me; his family nagged him more than usual - his uncle in particular. The uncle said that when he was young when he woke up and saw his wife he used to think "wow!", but now he only thinks "oh no, it's her again". My man answered "I only think 'wow, it's her again!'".

Hazel - Jelous, but in denial... I hope to incorporate just a little bit of angst becauase of it :D

Briannakin - I've always been interested in history, politics and philosophy, and being born in a communist country made me think a lot about the idea of freedom. ;)

earlybird-obi-wan
    - Thank you! I tried to make it believable...

16. Mondra

Apr 12, 2010
    A/N: Huge thanks to Jade_eyes for being my ever-patient beta and for helping me to add just a little bit of mush to this story!

Chapter 8

Harete's main square was a huge and crowded place and it was easier to be invisible in the crowd. Ngok had been trained in stealth ever since he learned how to walk, so today's mission wasn't posing a challenge for him; Ao'n's law enforcement teams were sloppy and inexperienced. He casually strolled on the sidewalk, careful not to touch anybody, and looked for a good place to start the preparations.

His bag was heavier than it looked; its strap was strained to the maximum point. He had to find something suitable soon ? he'd been wandering around for too long and his brother would surely scold him for taking his time with this assignment. There were many streets, wide and narrow, connected with the main square, and his mission was to find a hidden spot where the impulse would cause most damage. Finally, he spotted a large construction site looming over the older buildings that appeared to be deserted. He took his commlink out of his pocket and keyed a familiar number.

?Give me info on the construction site in the B-8 sector? he muttered in his native language and though he was sure no one would understand, he turned to a small, relatively deserted alley, becoming invisible in the shadows.

?It's a ten-year-old investment. The developer went bankrupt three years ago and since then it's been deserted. Apparently bureaucratic procedures are too complicated to start the construction again.? Ngok heard his second-cousin's voice in the earphone.

?Security??

?They didn't bother with guards, so you'll only have to deal with the cameras. I will send you the layout of the building in a moment.?

?Copy that. I have all the equipment on me, I will be back in two standard hours.? Ngok pulled out his data pad and scanned the plans, looking for a good location. Five minutes later he was already plugged in to the security computer, uploading a video recording that would play on loop while he was working.

?Stop fidgeting, will you?? Mara said, exasperated, as she worked on the wires in Luke's belt buckle. The situation was awkward enough without his constant shuffling of feet, looking at nails or biting his lip.

?Sorry. But I still don't understand why this couldn't be hidden in my tunic's button.? he sighed and willed his body to stand still. ?I have a bad feeling about this.?

?Don't we all.? she grumbled and pushed a tiny microphone inside Luke's belt. ?I hope it will be worth all the trouble, though. I have had enough of sitting in this place.?

?Come on, it wasn't that bad.? he winced as she sent him her patented glare. ?Well, at least the embassy is a nice place.?

?Don't. Even. Start.? she said and avoided his questioning gaze.

?Is Saya seriously bothering you so much?? he asked cautiously and she grunted, a screwdriver in her mouth. ?I admit she's a bit too... eager, but she's a pleasant girl.? he said, and a faint blush appeared on his cheeks. Saya reminded him of his younger self and Mara's strong reaction discouraged him a bit. He still could act like a teenage Farmboy at times and if it irritated Mara so much he would try to change. With a start he realized he'd do anything to keep her by his side and that thought elated and frightened him at the same time ? it was a peculiar feeling.

?If you say so. But it's not her eagerness that makes me want to make her my new punching bag, Skywalker.? Mara said as she took the screwdriver out of her mouth and a strange feeling came over her and she looked up at him. Furrowing her brows, she asked, ?You... You don't fancy her, do you?? and had to deal with another fit of fidgeting.

?What...? I... er... no!? he stammered, now blushing furiously. It would be almost adorable if Mara wasn't annoyed with the reason of his embarrassment.

?No need to be shy with me, Farmboy. You can ask me for advice if you want. That's what friends are for, right?? she almost cringed at this point, but was determined to help her frie

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mondra - I too love history :cool: and also enjoyed the mush infusion in chapter eight. ;)

I have to believe L/M are falling, have been falling, for each other rather obliviously :p o_O for quite the while now -- hello! Duh! [face_laugh]

Your sweetie sounds a true and utter keeper. :) :) He sounds the type that'll be glad to see you if you're just wearing sweatpants LOL :* or a Jaina Solo discombobulation - coming out of the 'fresher' in only a towel - woohoo!

18. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Ooooh, nice update. I like how you have the story going on several different fronts and how I'm sure they'll all explode together sooner or later. I loved Corran absorbing the energy from the blaster shots into his hand. And his Corsec interrogation training.

Luke and Mara stole the show, however. Of course! I love how she was working on his belt while he was in it. Like she couldn't do that and then let him put it on. Suuuuure. [face_mischief] [face_laugh] I'd be a bit distracted, myself, that near to him and his stomach and... things. Ahem. ;) And he's telling her he's not interested in Saya and she's just not hearing him. What a mess!! Those two. I think someone needs to lock them in a supply closet until things are satisfactorily worked out... [face_mischief]

Great update!!

19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    What is Mara doing? Why is she trying to set up Luke with that young girl? Come on Mara, stop living in denial. You are warm for his form. Just admit it.

Nice update!

20. Mondra

Apr 12, 2010
    Sorry for the wait, everybody! As you may know I had an eventful month, but my blond distaction is leaving on the 2nd of March, so I think I will be posting regulary.
    I had a minor case of writer's block, so I decided to post this chapter while the next one is not yet ready - I hope the reviews can get me going again. *wink, wink* :D

Jade_eyes - Thank you, you are a life-saver! Your patience knows no bounds ;). I guess my other half would want to see me in anything (preferably in Leia's outfit from Jabba's palace), but sometimes it's nice to dress up, right?

ginchy - Thanks! I'm having a little bit of trouble balancing all those plots, but I will have them tied together, I just have to get there... someday. :D

Jedi_Lover - yes, Mara is doing just that. She's afraid of her own feelings and thinks that when Luke will not be single they will evaporate (been there, done that).

If you want to be on the PM list, just tell me!

The PM list:

ginchy
    Jade_eyes

21. Mondra

Apr 12, 2010
    A/N: Jade_eyes, you know I worship you and your beta-skills! :)

Chapter 9

?At first I thought that what Cera told us would clear things up just a little bit, but now I'm more confused then ever." Corran heard Inyri's voice in headphones. Their astromechs were calculating the jump to Bothawui and the pilots were left to discuss the recent events.

"Do you think this whole Corrin-Mik is an Imperial agent?" Pash asked.

"This situation is weird. Iella's report clearly stated that this guy's been active in Ao'n's politics since the fall of the Empire, and now some Bothan has a strong urge to smuggle him there? Was he even off-planet?" Corran mused and a low mechanical groan interrupted his train of thoughts. "Yeah, I thought about this possibility too, Whistler."

"What possibility?"

"That there are two Corrin-Miks and one is a fake."

"That's a thought, but why do you recon there would be two Corrin-Miks?" Horn could hear that Pash was as lost as he was.

"I have no idea. Besides, Cera mentioned that someone from Fey'lya's clan gave him the money and as much as I dislike this blabbering ball of fur, I don't think he'd actually work with the Empire."

"That's true." said Inyri. "He may be a power-hungry idiot, but he's got no love for the Empire. The question is ? does he love power more than he hates the Imps?"

That question plagued Corran's mind during the four-hour hyperspace jump to Bothawui. He figured that there was more to this puzzle than it appeared and he had a bad feeling that all the pieces would reveal it selves in the last moment. He rolled his eyes and wondered for the umpteenth time if he could just live one standard year of his life without running around the Galaxy putting out fires. Peace and quiet wasn't something one associated with the Rouges.

Bothawui's traffic was as heavy as usual, so the three X-Wings, even if they had special NR identification, had to wait for about a standard hour before they could land. Corran alerted Tycho of their arrival, and he smirked when he saw the serene Alderaanian accompanied by the ever-fidgeting Wes Janson.

"Where's the rest of the welcoming committee?" he joked as he jumped out of his X-Wing. Inyri and Pash were finishing their landing procedures.

"Well, we have a little surprise waiting for you in the NRI headquarters and they stayed behind to make sure it stays... hum... intact." Wes said, grinning. Corran raised his eyebrows in silent question and Tycho only shrugged.

"You better see for yourself. I guess we need your special talents with this one." Celchu said and led the small group to the turbolift when Forge and Cracken scrambled out of their cockpits.

Intelligence headquarters on Bothawui were located on the outskirts of the capital; not too close to the center to attract too much attention, and still close enough to be well-informed about everything important that was going on. When they arrived Winter was already waiting for them and after a few words of greeting she led them to the temporary detention level where in a small neat cell they found one very pissed-off Bothan.

"You better let me go if you know what's good for you! You don't know who I know!" he seethed as soon as he saw them.

"That's what we'd really like to know, our charming furry friend." Wes sniggered and earned himself an elbow to the ribs, courtesy of Inyri.

"We've been keeping him here for almost two days now, so it's good that you're here." said Winter. "We don't have any substantial proof to lock him up yet." she added quietly, out of the raging Bothans hearing range.

"Who is he, anyway?" Corran asked as he eyed the alien warily.

"This is Grom Pa'lya, Borsk's former aide and accountant."

And when she saw Corran's gleeful grin, Winter knew they were one step closer to solving this puzzle.

It was already getting dark when Luke piloted the speeder through Harete's traffic, occasionally glancing at his partner who was double-checking all the wires in her clothes. They didn't have any weapons on them; it would be too suspicious, as Ao'n's law stated that only the c

22. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    What an evil cliffie! You better update soon!

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= Great banter between L/M - just another aspect of their super team work - i.e., talking through that bond of theirs [face_dancing] :* And excellent cliffie too! :cool:

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Oops, I missed a chapter. Great job. But uggg, EVIL CLIFFY! More please.

25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oops, I missed one too! :oops: I loved that belt scene. [face_mischief]

And in this one... that was one evil cliffie. You have to update soon.