main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends In the Fog (18ABY, L/M, the Solos, Rogue Squadron, etc.; action, humor, romance.Ch 10 UP - 7.03.12)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Mondra, Dec 28, 2011.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    reading and enjoying the last two chapters and evil cliffie:eek: Update soon

2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, what did you do to my Lukie??? Come back and fix this!!!! Is he okay?? Mara is probably freaking out!!!!

Great update--but I need another one asap!!!!

3. Mondra

Mondra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2010
    Thank you for all reading the wonderful reviews, and I'm sorry for the late update...

Jedi_Lover - Everybody needs a cliffie now and then, right? ;)

Jade_eyes - Thank you! [face_love] I think teamwork is essential in their relationship (and in any relationship for that matter)

Briannakin - Me? Evil? Where? :D And sorry for beign so late.

Hazel - Glad that you liked the belt scene - I enjoyed writing it. There will be a few other interesting L/M moments in the future chapters. :)

earlybird-obi-wan - Thanks! I will try to make the future chapters even more entertaining.

ginchy - Don't worry, he should be okay... I think... It depends on what you think is "okay". [face_whistling]

4. Mondra

Mondra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2010
    AN: Thank you all for reading and biggest thanks, as always, goes to Jade_eyes!

Chapter 10

Captain Bensk Gnat was standing on the bridge of ?Scylla?, looking dejectedly at the rocky surface of the moon that was hiding his Star Destroyer from the planetary defense's sensors. The group he dispatched a few hours ago should be already done with the initial part of their mission and all that was left for him to do was to wait for the signal, ending a month's worth of stagnation.

Gnat scowled as he recalled the last three weeks when he had to endure the presence of those Krz or Ksh or whatever they called themselves on his precious ship. He understood what Moff An'Pag (or rather, his son) wanted to achieve by orchestrating this whole operation, but he failed to see why the mission had been trusted to a bunch of suspicious aliens, not a team of good Imperial soldiers; he could only grit his teeth when he spotted them walking around the ship in those ridiculous outfits. He'd have preferred if they activated their camouflage while on-board, but it seemed that the Moff did not trust his troops as implicitly as he did, and feared that the painstakingly constructed plan would fail if the word about their peculiar ?allies? would spread. Again, another argument for not using their questionable services, Gnat thought darkly. The future of the Empire couldn't be put into the hands of such low-lifes. He refused to believe it, and side with soft fools like Pellaeon, but a tiny flicker of doubt already invaded his mind - maybe the Empire was truly falling apart...

A sound of an incoming message roused him from his dark musings, and he glanced at the comm officer who was in the process of decoding it. A few moments later, he snapped his heels, raised his hand in a salute and handed Gnat a data pad which contained the long-awaited message. They were free to go. A small smirk lingered on his hard features for a moment before he barked the order.

?Set coordinates for the jump to Kuat system.?

?What in the seven Correllian hells was that?? Wedge choked out as everything around them went dark and the repulsors in their hover truck whined pitifully and the vehicle slumped to the ground.

Kan was trying to start the engines while Iella and Mara tinkered with the comm unit ? all in vain.

?I don't know what's going on, but it seems all machinery is dead.? Iella muttered and slapped the controls angrily. ?Mara, can you sense anything??

?There's a great deal of confusion coming from Skywalker, but I don't think he's in danger. He wants to get out of the building. It seems there's a black-out in the whole district.? Mara's face was dispassionate, but her voice was strained.

What did you get yourself into this time, Farmboy? She sent him, putting shields around her emotions, trying to conceal her worry, but it seemed he was too concentrated on something else right now to answer her properly.

?I have trouble believing that this is just an accident.? she said out loud. ?We should get out of here as soon as possible, before we blow Luke's cover.?

?I'd love to do that, Jade, but the engines seem to be on strike.? Kan'toos muttered and then cursed softly in his native language. ?I don't think we will be able to get them working within the next few minutes, if you're thinking about getting out of here now.?

?What happened??

?I have no idea... It's like... all the wires fried at the same time... But that's impossible!?

?I say we leave this piece of junk here and run to the Embassy. We need to know what the hell is going on here.? Wedge said and put his blaster in a holster. ?Mara, keep trying to contact Luke.?

Jade rolled her eyes but said nothing as she too armed herself more properly and got out of the useless truck.

The night had fallen, and the starry sky was clearly visible ? there was not a trace of artificial light. The Embassy was a bit more than one kilometer from the Community Center and it took them about twenty standard minutes to reach their destination (Kan'toos arrived last, wheezing and

5. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Wow! Great action sequence!

Poor Saya, I hope she'll be alright.

6. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Nice action!

Ohhh. I hope Saya will be okay and that our heroes will save the day.

7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Nice action. Still the story is missing some thing. What is it? Oh yeah, hot L/M bootknocking! ;) hopefully those two will get around to it. Good story so far!

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful pacing with the action scene and [face_worried] for Saya.

9. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I totally read down to make sure Luke was okay. ;)

That giant hologram in the sky was creepy!!! Reminds me of Hunger Games. And I love how Luke is a Jedi of action, running through the city. Poor Saya. I hope she's okay. He'll definitely take that on his shoulders.

And I love how Mara's worried but it doesn't show on her face. Very her. Great update!!