main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indiana Jones on Blu-Ray

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Jedi76, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    This is more of a question so here goes. With Star Wars being brought to blue ray has anyone heard of a Indy box set coming to Blue Ray? I know Crystal Skull is out already but it would be pretty sweet to see a 4 disc set full of special features

2. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    First off, it's Blu-Ray, not "Blue Ray". Secondly, Steven recently spoke about the Indy blu: http://www.lasercola.com/2011/09/steven-spielberg-announces-indiana-jones-on-blu-ray-takes-shot-at-george-lucas/

3. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    Here's an Indy Blu-Ray page over at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Adventures-Indiana-Jones-Complete-Collection/dp/B000NQRE9Q/ref=sr_1_11?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1317058415&sr=1-11

4. natureboy76

natureboy76 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 11, 2009
    Someone's a bit testy...lol.

5. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    thanks for the link but you dont have to be Mod Editabout the whole Blue Blu crap but thank you for that

Mod Edit Watch the language. This is a warning Jedi 76.

6. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    It's too bad about Steven commenting there not being any tweeks on Raiders for Blew-Re. I was really hoping for a Special Edition change in the scene with the Cairo swordsman, where he would throw his sword at Indy first(and miss), prompting Indy to then shoot him. [face_whistling]

Anyways, can't wait for the Indy Blu-rays to come out!

7. Dark--Helmet

Dark--Helmet Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2003
    ^^^^^How was Indy going to kill the swordsman with a walky talky?

Combined with his other comments Im glad Steven turned back to the lightside and rejected the cgi side of the force.Now we don't have to worry about Indy fighting the"persons with political differences "or ewoks.;)

8. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    Oh noes!

Glass houses, first stone... and so on.:D

9. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I do wonder, will it include the original tilt shot of the German card driving off the cliff in ROTLA or the CGI tracking shot? I recently saw it on TV in HD and I'm 95% sure it had the original tilt shot.

This linkshows the differences. Personally, I don't care too much about it.

However, I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of them further cleaning up some of the composite work throughout the trilogy.

10. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    It's coming this fall! =D=[face_dancing]:Dhttp://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=87591

The Complete Indiana Jones Blu-ray Collection Arrives This Fall!
    Source: Lucasfilm, Paramount Home Media Distribution
    February 29, 2012

Awaited by fans since the birth of the format, Indiana Jones is coming to Blu-ray this fall! A box set is planned that will include Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Full specifications and cover art are expected to be available soon but, in the meantime, you can check out the official press announcement below:

The man with the hat is back ? and looking better than ever! The world?s favorite globe-trotting archaeologist is, at long last, embarking on his greatest adventure ? when "The Complete Indiana Jones Blu-ray Collection" comes to Blu-ray Disc from Lucasfilm Ltd. and Paramount Home Media Distribution. The Complete Indiana Jones Blu-ray Collection will be excavated in the fall of 2012 and will include all four of Indy?s thrilling adventures, using the highest possible high definition picture and audio presentation ? along with a ?best of? collection of documentaries, interviews, featurettes and a few new surprises.

11. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    Fortune and Glory! =P~

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Sounds great! It's about time!

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  13. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    I wonder if they'll port all the special features from the DVDs?
    Also, they mentioned giving us the best possible audio presentation. Does that mean they'll have uncompressed audio? KOTCS's audio track was only Dolby TrueHD 5.1.

14. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    did they actually change anything in the indiana jones dvd sets?

The only indiana jones film i own in home media format is Crystal Skull blu ray. I have to find a place to throw it away or give it to someone now that they are releasing this set.

I missed out on the original sets. Those dvd sets did look mighty nice.

15. shanerjedi

shanerjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2010
    Boromir, no they actually did an SE version of Raiders and even finished all the fx shots before deciding at the last minute to scrap it and just release the theatrical.

You can find some of the SE shots out there though.

16. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    HA! I never returned to this topic since my last post, and just had a big laugh at being cussed out over correcting the misspelling of "blu-ray".

Sorry dude, it's blu-ray, not blue ray. I correct because I care. [face_mischief]

--

Anyway, very excited for this set! I hope they don't phone in the packaging and give us something cool. Also, extras better be awesome.

17. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    shanerjedi, could you please post a link? I've been looking on YouTube and TheRaider.net, but couldn't find anything specific on this topic.

18. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    As do I. ESB was released in 1980, not 1977. No need to throw a tantrum over it being called out.[face_peace]

19. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    I realize that I mistyped the release date of ESB on the boards one time, but I knew that at the time it was 1980, typing '77 was a one time brain fart.

The misspelling of "blue ray", on the other hand, was something the topic creator did three times in a row. I came into the topic to share the link I shared, and corrected him on the misspelling. Perhaps I shouldn't have been so succinct about it? Maybe if I said it in a more "if you don't mind, just a minor correction" manner then the topic creator wouldn't have cussed me out and gotten a mod edit. I know I never intended to come off as "testy" or mean, and if I did then I apologize to the topic creator.

So Darth_Nub, I'd appreciate if you backed off and stopped badgering me. Thanks! :)

20. shanerjedi

shanerjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2010

There is one particular shot of the jeep flying off the cliff in Raiders out there. ILM added a tilt down camera move and a matte painting of more cliffs.

SW Insider also carried an article around the release of the DVD set that mentioned some of the work done and it being pulled at the last minute. Think it was the SW Insider anyway.

21. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    http://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Jones-Complete-Adventures-Blu-ray/dp/B000NQRE9Q

Hell yea![face_dancing][face_party]

Cant wait! My shelf is going to look so good now, the only LFL thing (basically) that isnt a blu-ray was my Indiana Jones boxset now the blu-ray collection will be complete!

It will be THX-1138, American Graffiti, The Star Wars Saga, Red tails, TCW and Indiana Jones all on blu-ray. We cant repel satisfaction of this magnitude=P~

Any word on the bonus features? I herd there is supposed to be never before seen behind the scenes docs and new interviews.

22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I vowed not to look at any 'leaked' features until the discs are in my hand, but I've seen some people posting footage around Facebook of the original confrontation with the Cairo Swordsman. So, it looks like the set may very well include deleted scenes.

And upon further searching around the internet, I found this:

Disc Specifications:
    Disc 1—Raiders of the Lost Ark
    Raiders of the Lost Ark is presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 2.0 Dolby Digital, Portuguese 5.1 Dolby Digital, Portuguese 2.0 Dolby Digital and English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. The disc includes the following:
    • · Teaser Trailer (HD)
    • · Theatrical Trailer (HD)
    • · Re-Issue Trailer (HD)
    Disc 2—Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
    Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 2.0 Dolby Digital, Portuguese 5.1 Dolby Digital, Portuguese 2.0 Dolby Digital and English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. The disc includes the following:
    • · Teaser Trailer (HD)
    Disc 3—Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 2.0 Dolby Digital, Portuguese 5.1 Dolby Digital, Portuguese 2.0 Dolby Digital and English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. The disc includes the following:
    • · Teaser Trailer (HD)
    Disc 4—Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
    Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, Portuguese 5.1 Dolby Digital and English Audio Description and English, English SDH, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles. The disc includes the following:
    • · Theatrical Trailer #2 (HD)
    • · Theatrical Trailer #3 (HD)
    • · Theatrical Trailer #4 (HD)
    Disc 5—Bonus Features
    Bonus features are presented in standard and high definition (as indicated below) in English with English, French, Spanish and Portuguese subtitles.
    • · NEW – On Set with Raiders of the Lost Ark
      • From Jungle to Desert
      • From Adventure to Legend
    • · Making the Films
      • The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981 documentary previously unavailable on DVD)
      • The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark
      • The Making of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
      • The Making of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    Disc 5—Bonus Features (cont’d)
    • o The Making of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (HD)
    • · Behind the Scenes
      • The Stunts of Indiana Jones
      • The Sound of Indiana Jones
      • The Music of Indiana Jones
      • The Light and Magic of Indiana Jones
      • Raiders: The Melting Face!
      • Indiana Jones and the Creepy Crawlies (with optional pop-ups)
      • Travel with Indiana Jones: Locations (with optional pop-ups)
      • Indy’s Women: The American Film Institute Tribute
      • Indy’s Friends and Enemies
      • Iconic Props (Crystal Skull) (HD)
      • The Effects of Indy (Crystal Skull) (HD)
      • Adventures in Post Production (Crystal Skull) (HD)

23. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007

So are all the bonus features from the Crystal Skull blu-ray going to be on this release? Or are we going to be forced to keep the old Crystal Skull Blu-ray?

(Maybe im just dizzy but I cant really tell from that list) [face_hypnotized]

24. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  25. Darth Scourge

Darth Scourge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    Good to see that the original Making of Raiders doc from 1981 will be included.
    My VHS copies are getting a little worn out.

However, it's a shame that the original "Great Movie Stunts" documentary seems to be absent from the list.

And UK fans will be pleased to know that Temple of Doom will be released fully uncut for the first time in Britain.
    The BBFC has waived all previous cuts due to the overall rating of the box set being increased to a "12" certificate.