main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Initial Teaser Reaction Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by deine_mutter, Sep 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Really? How is it confusing?

2. VaderRulezall

VaderRulezall Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2004
    dude just saw the rots trailer and it looks way darker than any sw movie and ive seen em all (belive me) but it still looks like george has got some magic left we shall see...

3. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Well, I saw it when Access Hollywood had it on but couldn't comment on it until now because of computer problems. Overall I think it's awesome and did what it was supposed to do: get us excited for ROTS. Having OT footage was an excellent idea. Seeing bits of the opening space battle and The Duel should get the average movie audience interested in it and was excellent. Seeing Anakin with yellow eyes and that evil look has convinced me that this film will be dark enough in tone. The huge Wookie battle group has me waiting on edge for even more of Kashyyyk. It shocked me that they showed Yoda with a lightsaber again in the trailer and I was especially surprised that Palpatine using a lightsaber was in the trailer. With the exception of this being the only trailer for a while I only had a few small insignificant complaints:

*No shots at all of General Grievous.
    *You didn't really good look at Kashyyyk.
    *No other Jedi besides the big 3.
    *I couldn't tell what exactly R2 was holding during his solo shot.

Hopefully everyone here enjoyed it as much as I did, and to those who were let down or disappointed: please give the movie a chance.

4. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Just saw the trailer for the first time (downloaded); I dunno. I'm not terribly impressed with it. I actually like some of the fan concept teasers we talked about months ago more.

5. ImperialMarchFace

ImperialMarchFace Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    The EXTRA LARGE version of the trailer is up at the OS for Hyperspace members!

6. jedisister

jedisister Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 2001
    I can't believe they gave Padme the "Leia buns"!!! What the (fill in blank)was Lucas thinking?!?! Padme pretty much has rockin hair but, DANG!!! He gave her the buns!!! that's SO wrong!!! Other than that it looks promising...I hope. :p

7. Hades2021

Hades2021 Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2003
    Hey, turn the brightness on your monitor up a lot and you can see Sidious' eyes. You can also see the "lava crabs" better.

8. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I can't believe they gave Padme the "Leia buns"!!! What the (fill in blank)was Lucas thinking?!?! Padme pretty much has rockin hair but, DANG!!! He gave her the buns!!! that's SO wrong!!! Other than that it looks promising...I hope.

She had the "buns" in AOTC so what's wrong if she has them again in ROTS?

9. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    No, no, no....not the basic "cinnabons" buns. The ones in AOTC were a bit different...I didn't like those either but they weren't as bad as the Leia buns. The trailer has Padme's style more the Leia buns style, which sucks!! It shows a lack of originallity. Its redundant. Kinda like me tonight.

10. Sedious

Sedious Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2002
    On a completely different note...I went to the first showing of Alien Vs Predator here in Denmark today in the best cinema in whole contry called Imperial, and I saw the Revenge Of The Sith Teaser Trailer there.. it looks so mutch better on the big screen & the sound WOOOOOOOOOW it completely blew me away. Some dudes in the cinema actually yelled WUUUUUW when the LUCAS FILM logo appeard on the screen and some other dude actualy went SHYYYYYYY. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Well I just want to post my theatrical reaction. :D :D

11. Violetsaber

Violetsaber Jedi Master star 3

Aug 6, 2001
    My initial reaction when I saw it?

"Those dudes in the Internet were right- the music is totally retarted!"

My secondary reaction?

"Those are some really cool shots, though!"

Violetsaber

12. spacerocker

spacerocker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I actually thought the music was pretty fast paced, not retarded which means slow. ;)

13. jedisister

Dec 1, 2001
    Hmmm... I thought the music was fine. Sounds as Star Wars music should. IMHO.

14. darth_of_the_night

darth_of_the_night Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 2004
    Has anyone watched the teaser in fastforward or rewind? It's hallarious! When Palps says "Lord Vader, Riiise" it sounds like the chipmunks! Wow. Do it. You'll laugh!

15. chosenone68

chosenone68 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2004
    No, no, no....not the basic "cinnabons" buns. The ones in AOTC were a bit different...I didn't like those either but they weren't as bad as the Leia buns. The trailer has Padme's style more the Leia buns style, which sucks!! It shows a lack of originallity. Its redundant. Kinda like me tonight.

Lucas has stated on a number of occasions that certain elements (including hairdoos) in the PT were designed to "echo" the OT to evoke a certain feeling when all six films were watched in order. In my opinion, this does not show a lack of origiality. In fact, this is an original idea that has never been done before.

16. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    "Those dudes in the Internet were right- the music is totally retarted!"

I don't know what's worse, calling something retarded or misspelling retarded?

17. DARTH_LOWRICUS

DARTH_LOWRICUS Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2003
    got it. loved the trailer. sidious kicks ass!

18. Jedi_Aron_Tylander

Jedi_Aron_Tylander Jedi Youngling star 3

May 29, 2004
    I haven't immediately post my response, but this is it:

Teaser trailers are made to show of course what'll be shown in an upcoming movie. The Sand dog is different from this common trailers. They show off first some 'recycled' scenes from other episodes of the saga movie, making the trailer more suspense. Then the darkening of the screen, a background sound of the birth of Darth Vader, immediately followed by scenes flashing too fast... that's great! I really like it!

19. darth_of_the_night

Sep 21, 2004
    OK, I was just watching the Teaser Trailer in Windows Media: I have seen it in Quicktime, of course. Now, when I watch the trailer on the two different players and, in Quicktime, at the very end, it says May 19th, 2005 wheras the Windows Media shows just May 2005. Weird? Thought so!;)

dartho'night

20. Darthmalius

Darthmalius Jedi Master star 2

Jan 29, 2005
    does anybody know how I can get a copy of it?

21. darth_of_the_night

Sep 21, 2004
    HELP! Can anyone please either give me a link OR a PM that has a downloadable Teaser Trailer in it, please???? THANKS!

dartho'night

22. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  23. DarthGoldblum

DarthGoldblum Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 28, 2002
    The teaser was really good.

The next one will blow us out of the water I bet.

It will be cool to have an Initial Trailer Reaction Thread.

24. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    StarWars.com seems to have taken down their link to the Teaser Trailer at the moment. Does anyone know where one could still download it from the Internet?

25. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=19208047&replies=8

Gabe, the music from Teaser trailer is NOT Battles Of The Heroes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.