main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Insider gets a new publisher, splits from Hyperspace

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    The good news is Star Wars Insider magazine and Hyperspace are seperate again. The bad news is Insider will be published by Titan Magazines, the makers of the okay, but occasionally dull Lost and now-canceled Battlestar Galactica magazines.

So, yay for not having to buy a Hyperspace membership you never used. But boo for the possible bore-ification of Insider.

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Yeah, not sure what to think of that. :confused:

On the one hand, it's good that they give you the option of subscribing to Insider and/or Hyperspace...

...yet, what does that mean for the future of Star Wars Insider? I used to page through all those SG1, Star Trek, and a few of the Battlestar Galactica magazines, and they're OK for an interview and some good trivia, but never really WOWed me in terms of content.

Meanwhile, Hyperspace was great for all the ROTS webdocs and preview images; but now that there is no NEW SW in the foreseeable future, do you really need to shell out $40 a year for it?

I've just started to try the StarWars blog section, and we all know there's a million message boards out there. I get a kick out of recognizing familiar faces here (and elsewhere) by their starwars.com profiles (I'm still "Krash" there as well)

I think somebody out there has begin to realize their tricked out Hyperspace isn't the kinda draw they thought it would be anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.