main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Interesting Opportunity! Let me know if we want to do something!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Eledaia, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    I just received an email from Tim Martin at KXLY4:

Tim - "I work for KXLY4 TV, the ABC affiliate here in Spokane, and was checking to see if your club had any special event planned for the upcoming 30th anniversary of Star Wars. And if so, how would you feel about the possibility of having a TV camera there? I'm always looking for good local stories, and this might be an opportunity for you guys to get some publicity and show off what you enjoy doing. -Tim Martin KXLY4 photojournalist"

Me - "Hi! That is awesome! Our group is always looking for ways to get our name out there and bring more Star Wars fans into the fold. Our plans for the anniversary are very interesting. I recruited my fiance to our fanclub back in 2005 and we are getting married in just over a week(May 19th). We will then drive down to LA for the big Star Wars Celebration Convention for the 30th anniversary. We have several of our friends coming to the wedding, some in costume, and will have several Star Wars elements to the wedding. We will even be meeting several friends at the convention in LA.
    Our group has regular costuming meetings, which are very popular, and video game parties. We try to enter several local events in costume, like bloomsday, but this year with the wedding everything, it was hard to get everyone organized. Our fanclub is actively planning a Star Wars fanfilm, set to start principal photography this summer.
    Anyway, that is some of what we are doing right now, but our main event seems to be the wedding and then the convention. If you like, I can ask my videographer for footage of the wedding, focusing on the Star Wars features. Also, the members who are not going might be planning a get together up here for the anniversary."

Tim - "Interesting.... Would love to be able to follow you to LA, but I really don't think the station would spring for it. Congrats on your wedding! How comfortable would you be with me shooting your wedding for our news? Maybe we could also do some interviews and a little impromptu costuming sometime before the wedding with you, your fiancee, and any other club members you could round up. We could talk about the club and I could use the wedding to sort of frame the story and we could air it around the time of the anniversary. What do you think?"

So what do we think? Some of us won't be here, but do we want to setup some kind of a meeting for an interview? I think this is a great opportunity! Comments please!!

2. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Sounds like a blast!

3. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    KHQ is better :p

4. Haunted_By_The_Kiss

Haunted_By_The_Kiss Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2003
    KXLY is da coolest!

My friend is one of the morning camera operators.

5. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    I have to be a bit biased though, the station I work for is owned by KHQ :p

6. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    I am up for doing a meeting of some kind and/or an interview for KXLY. I think it would be a lot of fun.

7. Dark_Jedi_Nasman

Dark_Jedi_Nasman Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2006
    I'm up for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.