main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Interrogation *OC snapshot*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by mouse2, May 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Title: Interrogation
    Author: Mouse
    Timeframe: very early JA
    Genre: snapshot
    Characters: You?ll have to read and find out. ;)
    Summery: Security wants some answers and they don?t care how they get them.

Disclaimer: It's George's sandbox. I'm just happy to be able to play in a corner of it. :)

The two security detectives, one Bothan and the other human sat and started at each other. They couldn?t believe they had gotten so lucky. They had been on this case and following the same trails for what seemed like years, and just now they had gotten the break they had been searching for.

?Do you think she?ll talk?? the Bothan asked.
    ?Depends on how hard we push her. Whoever she is, she?s got some powerful friends. Posted bail and she?ll be out of here in an hour,? the human responded.

?That?s why we bring need to bring her in here now,? the Bothan detective stated as he looked around the office. ?I?ll talk. We?ll start by having a simple conversation as polite as you please, and then when she feel comfortable I?ll really come down on her. You just make sure you get it all recorded. We are this close and we don?t want any screw-ups now.?

Suddenly a uniformed officer interrupted by opening the door and poking his head in.

?She?s on her way up sirs,? he told them politely.
    ?Thank you officer. As soon as she gets here show her on inside and make sure she?s comfortable.?

The uniformed officer nodded as he ducked his head out and closed the door behind him. As if on cue both detectives stood and began to make their way towards the door. Together they walked out and into an adjacent room that was full of recording equipment. The human detective walked over and sat down at a table and began turning all the equipment on.

?I?ll do my part. You just remember to do yours. Got that Kauth??

The Bothan grinned in response and walked back out the door and towards the office he was in earlier. He opened the door to see that she was already inside and sitting facing the desk, her back towards him.

?Can I get you anything?? he asked as politely as possible.

To her credit she didn?t turn around surprised to see him. He walked past her and perched on the corner of the desk. As soon as he was in sight he was assaulted with her brilliant blue-eyed gaze.

?Yeah, actually I could go for a decent cup of caff.?

Kauth smiled inwardly. He had to give her credit she had spunk. She was stuck in the most friendless place possible and was placing an order for caff as if she were in some wayside café. She had no idea when she was getting out.

?I?m sure we?ll be able to find something for you. I?ll get an officer right on it.?

He walked back over to the door and poked his head out. Quickly he nodded to a waiting uniformed officer and then made his way back to his perch on the desk. They sat in silence and he watched her inspect her nails in a bored manner. The Bothan couldn?t help but wonder if she was as relaxed as she seemed, and what exactly did she know.

It wasn?t long before the officer arrived with two cups of caff. Kauth took both and using his more as a prop handed her the other. He watched her carefully as she took a sip. After swallowing she wrinkled her nose and threw him a penetrating gaze.

?You call this decent?? she asked.
    ?You don?t have to drink it,? he stated plainly.
    ?I certainly don?t want to seem ungrateful,? she answered a bit sarcastically. She held up a wrinkled and slightly crushed pack of cigarras. ?You mind??
    ?Actually there is no smoking in this building,? he informed her.

She laughed as she placed one in her mouth. Flipping back her jaw length midnight black hair she lit the cigarra and smoke began to happily weave its way through the air.

?Right. The moment they make security stop smoking is the same time a Gamearroean wins Miss Courscant.?

He had to give her credit. She was probably right.

?I hate to do this, but I have a few questions I need to ask.?

He watched as she rolled her eyes, but motioned for him to go ahead. Picking up

2. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Oooooh, how close! Mr Jedi, you seem to arrive at the wrong moment...ie too late! :D Some nice touches in there, especially like the way that you kept the identity of the characters secret for so long, although obviously I had my suspicions, lol!

And I just loved this line:

?Right. The moment they make security stop smoking is the same time a Gamearroean wins Miss Courscant.?

Bravo, Mouse!

3. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Very good mouse. I loved it. You had me roped in from the start and never let me go.

?Can I get you anything?? he asked as politely as possible.

[Dragnet theme]

Chewing gum, snickers bar, and my attorney!

[/Dragnet theme]

I like that scene.

lordmaul13

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    For the longest time I was almost sure the girl in this story wasn't Rela.. well kinda... LOL! I loved that she had these two security detectives fooled so completely... of course she did a good number on me too. And the way she made 'Lil Bit' appear so dasterdly and dangerous... that was fabulous!!! Poor Master Jedi for just missing her.... and don't tell me that 'rude being in brown' was another Jedi outside???? ARRGGHHH!!!!

That was great Mouse!! :) :)

5. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    I wasn't sure either, but then the clues started adding up. The tension was created so well and was so intricate! Especially the little details like her lighting her cigaras etc., so we weren't sure what was going to happen. I loved how the Jedi just missed her, really sad, but kind of shows he's getting closer. Excellent, Mouse! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.