main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Iron Man Movies

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    [image=http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/jedimasterronoc/Ironman_82.jpg]

this is the one comic book movie I've been waiting to see for a long time. one of my favorite comic book characters. it's in development right now. New Line Cinema will be releasing it. the last I heard on screenwriters for it was Alfred Gough and Miles Millar(guys from Smallville). now who should play Tony Stark? i'm going against my better judgement on this but I think Tom Cruise would do a good job of playing the alcoholic billionare guy. hopefully this comes out sometime in my lifetime[face_praying]

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I'm really excited for this movie. But only if they get a good writer and actor. While I don't mind cruise, there are better people. Can't wait to see what they come up with

3. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    who else could you see playing Tony Stark/Iron Man?

4. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Hm... That's a tough one, because I really can't think of a whole lot of people who I'd be happy with playing the role. The easy answer is a fairly unknown actor.

The best person I can think of off the top of my head is Jesse Spencer, from House, MD. With the right makeup, I think that he could pull it off well. Frank Grillo from Prison Break could also do a good job with the role.

5. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    A lot of people may not like Tom Cruise because of his personal life, but in truth he is a very good actor. Iron Man is one of my favorite super heros, so I want this movie pulled off well, I think Cruise would make a good Stark.

When is this movie set for release?

And...how about some speculation on villans? [face_mischief]

6. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    originally when it was announced that a Iron Man movie was going to be done it was summer of 2006. obviously that's not going to happen now. last i heard was something in Fall 2007 or Summer 2008

7. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    I hope it is NOT Tom, but mostly because I think it would be harder to get him to do a full trillogy

8. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    good point. we'd want someone who'd be more likely to do a sequel. what does everyone think of Collin Farrell playing him? i think he'd do a great job. only thing is he's played a marvel character before which is Bullseye in the Daredevil movie

9. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Maybe they will find an unknown actor to play him?

10. Paradise in Naboo

Paradise in Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 1999
    After seeing his likeness in the Amazing Spider-Man comics, I think it would've been great to see Timothy Dalton in the role. Unfortunately, he's too old for the role right now.

The only other person I could see in the role has been mentioned already: Tom Cruise. I doubt it would ever happen, though.

11. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    After watching Prison Break again, I think that I'd like the guy I mentioned before - he looks the part and I think that he could pull it off. Tom Cruise just doesn't (for me) really look the part, and I think that his persona wouldn't help very much.

12. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Cruise was mentioned for a possible lead role a few years ago. I can't beleive I'm saying this....(cause this would be his kind of role. Despite what people think of him now...He is a very good leading man when it comes to action movies,) but...I think he may be getting a little old for this type of role. *sighs* Getting old sucks..

Hey about Matt Salinger??? [face_laugh] (a little Captain America joke there..if no one got it)

13. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I remember hearing something about this a couple of years ago. IIRC Oded Fehr was mentioned as Tony Stark.

14. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    I think Tom Cruise is still attached to it. IIRC he is EP-ing it and part of that deal is him playing Tony.

That should work fine. You don't need a unknown actor for every superhero movie out there and you don't need to worry about a trilogy.

15. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I just don't want Justin Timberlake, as had been previously rumoured.

16. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    I think Tom Selleck could play the part. He's old enough, he's got plenty of acting experience, and I daresay he looks the part.

17. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Tom Selleck is too old for the role IMO. It needs to be played by someone in their late 20's or early 30's.

18. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Yeah, a younger guy.

19. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    I could see Tom Cruise and Colin Farrel in the role of Tony Stark. However if they had done it say 15 or 20 years ago, I could Definately see Tom Selleck in the role. As far as what villian should be in the film, go with either Titanium Man, Crymson Dynamo or A.I.M.

20. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I don't know if the director hads changed, but some directoir that was at least at some point attached to the movie was set On Leonardo DiCaprio. A lot of people write him off, just because of things ike Titanic and The Beach. Leo is actually a VERY good actor, and after watching The Aviator. I definatly think that he could play Stark

21. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    that would be a good choice. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL, who's the choice for director you're talking about?

22. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    It was Leo! I was sceptical of it at first, but him in aviator......yeah that would work,m I don't rememebr who the director was though

23. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i'd be really interested to see how they'd do the suit for the movie. i'd like something like the picture i have in the first post of the thread

24. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Dicaprio would be a good choice also. If they do the origin it should start with him being in the Original Grey Armor and then show him in something modern.

25. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Nick Cassavetes was set to direct at one point. Then the movie didn't really go anywhere at New Line so the rights reverted back to Marvel. So you aren't going to be seeing the movie anytime soon. Last thing I saw said they were going to try and raise the money to make the movie on their own but even before that they'd look for a director that could attract investors and whatnot. Nick Cassavetes was mentioned as a possibility still.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.