main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Is St. Louis FanForce Still Alive

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Master_Psi, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doober187

doober187 Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2009
    I'm new to TFN, and I'm up for some STL Star Wars antics. I would love an active "Official" STL Star Wars entity of some sort. So if this gets resurrected, I'm there.

2. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    Not only is there plenty of room, I have that Nerf gun arsenal (now with gatling gun!) that tends to inspire mischief...

3. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    All I have is the Maverick and the bow, sadly. :(

4. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    When u guys get a place and date set up , LMK and Ill put it on the main FF boards and change your banner.

Eric

5. Vykk-Draygo

Vykk-Draygo Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2009
    Not only is there plenty of room, I have that Nerf gun arsenal (now with gatling gun!) that tends to inspire mischief...[/quote]

I hope I'm not the only one that imagined a giant Star Wars cow launcher...

6. Jedi_Master_Psi

Jedi_Master_Psi Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2009
    well... id offer my place, but i live in a TINY studio apartment!

i'm more than willing to go anywhere for a meeting. we should make this happen. a august meeting would be so great!

Tim

7. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Well, it's sounding like people are favoring a house party at shcook's right now. Barbecue and nerf guns perhaps? I don't know if anyone's interested, but my computer has svideo out and if anyone's interested (and Susan has a compatible TV) I can bring it and we can watch fan films.

What about dates. August still sounds like a good bet to me so we have time to try to find some people. What plans do people have so far? First weekend? Second?

Probably want to do it early before people go back to school.

8. shcook1138

shcook1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 16, 2003
    I don't think I have anything going on weekends in August, so whatever works for everyone else is fine with me. I have a grill for barbecuing. I've got a PC hooked up to my home theater system as well, so you can bring DVDs or an external drive or whatever for the fan films. If it's easier just to bring your computer, that will work, too - I've got DVI and VGA in on my TV. Earlier is probably better so we can avoid school, etc.

9. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Mercifully, I am done with school, until I get around to grad school anyway. I'm so burned out on the whole idea though.

10. Jedi_Master_Psi

Jedi_Master_Psi Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2009

Although I'm pretty sure that both the weekend of the 1-2nd and 8-9th of august would work, both Saturday and Sunday, for the sake of voting I'm going to flip an imaginary coin, it landed on the first weekend of the 1-2nd. I flipped it again and it landed on Saturday the first.

So that my vote, Saturday August First 2009, for the first meeting of the New St. Louis Fan Force, or a name much cooler!

11. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Is there a way to make polls on these forums? It's been so long since I was active I can't remember.

But right now it's looking like the first weekend would work fine.

12. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Yes there is, It is an option when starting a new thread.

13. Vykk-Draygo

Vykk-Draygo Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2009
    First weekend in August sounds good to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.