main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Issues regarding the CR Code of Conduct

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by anakin_girl, Nov 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-of-the-Marks

Lord-of-the-Marks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    More filibustering. It's easy to scapegoat someone who's not present.

You know...the truth has a certain ring to it and I'm not hearing it.

2. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    It's easy to scapegoat someone who's not present.

Out of curiosity who would that person be. I am asking because I don't understand. Not because I am taking sides (as should be obvious at this point).

3. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Mara_Jade_Fan

I really wish she'd post HERE where I can be involved in the discussion.

4. gwaernardel

gwaernardel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    like I said before though. I did not ask MJF for anything other than an opinion. That is all. I wanted an outside source besides my own.

Getting an outside opinion is one thing. Abandoning all authority in favor of letting someone who isn't even the RSA for your chapter moderate for you is something else entirely.

It was not my intention that Tracy get banned for it. However another RSA felt differently. That RSA made the decision.

Once Tracy was banned I was not going to overturn what another RSA did. For one reason above all others. I am one of the new kids on the block and I don't need to step on anyone elses toes as far as it is concerned to other RSA's. I mean I wouldn't want them stepping on mine.

You were made RSA for a reason. Someone obviously thought your opinion counted for something. If you can't take someone with a differing opinion, I question the fact that you should be a moderator at all. If you truly had a problem you couldn't solve yourself, why couldn't you ask a GSA about it? The FanForce FAQ states this:

The Global Support Administrators are the highest link in the Fanforce chain of command...They are also there to solve disputes that cannot be resolved at either the city or regional level. Thankfully this is rare and they do not often have to step in in this capacity.

The regional support administrators are the people who are appointed to take care of their particular region. They, like the Global Support Administrators, are appointed by the current Fanforce staff, if the need arises.

They are the moderators of their region as well as performing a number of other duties. These include posting meetings on the main page, helping out the Chapter Represtatives when needed, solving problems not able to be handled at the city level, encouraging growth in their region and anything else that may come up.

There is nothing in there about asking another RSA for help, or an RSA moderating someone else's chapter.

It occurs to me that this entire situation was you stepping on JCC mods' toes. You don't seem to have a problem with that, yet you feel a sense of loyalty to someone who went ahead and banned one of your FanForce members without talking to you about it first?

5. Lord-of-the-Marks

Lord-of-the-Marks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Out of curiosity who would that person be. I am asking because I don't understand. Not because I am taking sides (as should be obvious at this point).

I think droideka27 covered it. It just seems like SRB_Jedi_Knight's denying he had anything to do with the situation. It looks like he's passing the blame off to "the other RSA" who probably has no intention of responding.

So, they all play both sides against the middle and and no one just owns up to it.

6. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I am not passing the blame off to anyone. I am merely stating facts. That is all. Fine you want someones head? Here have mine. This is all my fault. PLease someone come here and shoot me now. I deserve to be lined up in front of a firing squad and put to death for my terrible actions against everyone involved.

There happy? Hope so! I am so tired of the drama!

7. gwaernardel

Nov 5, 2001
    I am not passing the blame off to anyone. I am merely stating facts. That is all. Fine you want someones head? Here have mine. This is all my fault. PLease someone come here and shoot me now. I deserve to be lined up in front of a firing squad and put to death for my terrible actions against everyone involved.

There happy? Hope so! I am so fricking tired of the drama!

Wow. Isn't it pretty much assumed when you become a moderator that you're going to deal with some drama? If you can't handle this, you can't handle banning someone yourself, and you can't handle being blamed for something you believe should have happened anyway, I'm not entirely sure that having moderator abilities is the right thing.

Are we even allowed to say "fricking" on these boards? [face_plain]

8. SRB_Jedi_Knight

SRB_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Your opinion of me isn't worth very much. Regardless I have stepped up to take the blame.

Yes this is all my fault. I will take full responsibility! I apologize to all parties including the rest of the administration on this issue.

9. gwaernardel

Nov 5, 2001
    How old are you, just out of curiosity?

Edit: I only ask because RSA's need to be 21 and you're not behaving in a manner becoming to an RSA (or a 21-year-old, for that matter.)

As we've been told as nauseum in this thread, CR's have to post with the utmost respect to other posters. I would hope that the same standard applies to RSA's.

10. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Let's not go nuts, nobody's blaming you for Tracy getting banned. As was said earlier, there are things that everyone should have done better to avoid all this drama.

11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I've been reading this thread and I am not impressed by the flaming and baiting that goes on. I'm locking this thread now.

If you want to discuss the CoC in general feel free to start a new thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.