main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN It is your Destiny...'s Way.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Preachrman007, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    Good meeting last night everyone. Even if we didn't really discuss the book as much as usual. BTW, Scott, you should know that we all voted that you're buying lunch at the next general meeting. Of course El Presidente has veto power over such a vote, but seeing as you weren't there (again) you're out of luck. :)

P.S. Steve, see if I hadn't put that smiley at the end Scott wouldn't have known whether I was really ticked about him not being there (again) or if I'm just giving him a hard time, as usual.

2. Bowie_the_Hobbit

Bowie_the_Hobbit Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    See, I interpreted that as a 'Sorry, looks like you're SOL and I'm happy you're buying lunch' smile :p

3. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Yeah, lunch, everyone meet at the Subway in Huntingburg, Indiana at noon tomorrow and I will buy lunch............lol

Erm, I mean...VETO!!!

Okay, why is Jammies mad?

4. Bowie_the_Hobbit

Bowie_the_Hobbit Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    See, if you'd been there, you'd know :mad:

5. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    :) No Scott, I'm not mad!
    You see Adam, Steve, and Stacky were engaged in a discourse over emoticons-- when I remarked that every post I make, no matter how upbeat, shall end in a mean face just to confuse them. I then made a mean face, and everyone laughed. So; I made the same face again and (unamused) Stacky threw me out the door. In brief: no big deal. :mad:

On another note, I finished the Fine Molds of Japan TIE Fighter Kit I ordered after book club six months ago. It looks nice, I'm happy with it. Sorry if no one wanted to know, but it's not like I can share that with a lot of people and have them understand what a TIE fighter is. It's just you guys and my sea-monkeys.
    :mad:
    May The Force Be With You!

;)

6. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    See, all the more reason to show up for a meeting every once in a while, like it would kill you to make a stop at Comic Quest or Barnes and No Chairs and see us sometime, it's not like you have to make a five hour long drive from upstate just for that, is it? Hmm?

;)

Some members of PETA may have been run over by a purple Orc on rollerblades during the making of this post.

7. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    I figured that was the case with the emoticons...

Stackky, you lost me...

8. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Show up. You can. I won't be able to anymore.

*sigh*

:p

Some members of PETA may have been run over by a purple Orc on rollerblades during the making of this post.

9. Edric-the-grey

Edric-the-grey Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2003
    Jammies,

I hope that you have pictures of the Tie to share! I'm afraid that I have no patience with models (the kind that you put together, that is). Depending on how good looking the model is (i.e. Mandy Moore esque) I have the patience of Job. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

So, these doo dads that cause so much confusion are called emoticons or whatever. You know, I was thinking: the posts from Stacky where he wants to burn someone at the stake, followed by the 'ittle smiley face, could be interpretted as him enjoying that idea :):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I'm afraid that work prohibits me from attending 8-9-03. What's the next book that we'll be discussing? :)

Later,

SMS :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

10. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Oh, yes ... you only get five emoticons in code, i.e., : ) ones, and you can have five [face _ happy] ones (without the spaces, of course).

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

So you get ten :p

11. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Steve: to answer your ??? it is - August 26th: Force Heretic: Remnant.

I'm hoping Adam can weigh in & let us know if the list on the E'ville Jedi Site is still current.

But hey check the web site right here.

Or there is a link to it in the upper left hand corner of the Evansville forum. It has some good info & pics from book club etc.

12. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    The list is up-to-date and stands as follows:

August - Force Heretic I: Remnant
    September - Force Heretic II: Refugee
    October - Force Heretic III: Reunion
    November - The Final Prophecy
    December - The Unifying Force
    January - Tatooine Ghost (subject to paperback release)

All of these are, however, subject to Luca$Book release dates. According to most recent release info, Final Prophecy and Unifying Force should both be out in time for those meetings, but no guarantees.

I'd like to continue to have all the books planned for six months ahead, but I'm lazy so don't count on it.

13. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    If TUF isn't out by December, it'll be Barnes and Noble's fault. I'm pretty sure £uca$books has no plans to not release the books.

14. Lord_Skywalker

Lord_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    according to the del ray people at gencon there are supposed to be two books between final prophecy and unifying force..............i could be wrong they may be wrong oy

15. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    I think you're wrong :p

Maybe there are two books: TUF and FP

You know, we need an official book club thread. This is probably our longest non game thread :p

16. Edric-the-grey

Edric-the-grey Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2003
    Thanks for the info. My pooch, Molly, is with me at the computer and says "hey". She would like to come to the next meeting and bite everyone's feet (it's her way). Do you think Barnes and Nobles would mind?

Later,

Molly and SMS

17. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I can ask Tom at B&N, but I think they have a strict no-feet-biteing policy. After all, they can't provide a few chairs, how could they give free feet for dogs? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.