main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ITT I admonish epic for suggesting Darren Bent is better than AJ.

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 4' started by Everton, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    Yes, Juli Wuli.

-JR :)

2. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I hear Becks is made of pure sexual magnatism.

Well, that and a metatarsal.

3. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
  4. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I'll leave discussing footy for real until BB has concluded, but I wanted to highlight the increasing intrusion of electronic advertising hoardings at Premiership grounds. It's only at some, not all, but they're getting to be a real nuisance. I'm watching Aston Villa vs. Liverpool from Villa Park, Birmingham. The hoardings are constantly in motion, with spinning graphics, graphics that 'bounce' text towards you and scrolling text. The colours are as garish and inappropriate as possible, and they generally do nothing but catch the eye. Now, I appreciate fully that this is the intent of the advertisers, but it should not be allowed. I find it offensive that the authorities have decided to allow this at Premiership grounds. Sponsorship is fine. Stationary logos do not intrude. Motion, turning the advertising hoardings into psuedo-cartoons, is all wrong.

5. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    lol @ Arsenal, coming back to win 2-1 in the 93rd min.

6. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    lol@Spurs

lol@Westam

7. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    lol@Utd, too.

8. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    So does Rooney have delicate feet, or what?

It's a shame because he was in line to finally make an impact for the national side again after injuries and perceived stamps ( ;) )... he was fit and free of suspension. Ah well, Crouch once again... :(

9. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    After all the paperwork that has gone into sorting out Tevez, surely HE should be available to play for England now....??

10. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I thought it was interesting (although mostly as a result of bad luck) that despite spending, what, £60million in the summer, Ferguson was still forced to play John O'Shea as an emergency forward today. :p

11. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    I think you mean 'hilarious'... :p

Somewhere, little e is crying into his beer...

12. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Everton are above Man Utd in the league.

13. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    Tee hee.

14. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Derby County are above Man Utd in the league.

15. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I lol'd.

16. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    1-0 to teh Toffees.

lol@Spurs

17. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    OM*G!!!!

3-1 at White Hart Lane! lolololololol @ Spurs

David Moyes doing what Davey Moyes does best... getting average players to perform above themselves.

When I say average I of course exclude Our Lord and Saviour, Mikel Arteta - who is a genius.

18. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Because of this thread I'm going to educate myself on European football.

19. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    [image=http://www.evertonfc.com/assets/_files/images/aug_07/efc__1187120514_galljoleon.jpg]

20. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    This is lol, (from my perspective at least). Whilst most people on Everton fansites are ecstatic about the start to the season we've had, and intrigued by the persistent rumours that Manuel Fernandes and Yakubu are on Moyes' short-term shopping list, some people are still urging caution about not getting carried away. In response, this comment made me grin, "If you can't get carried away when Everton are top of the league after beating Spurs away, with the possibility of splurging £18+ million on two players, one of whom is ****ing brilliant, then when can you?"

:D

21. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    if you sign Fernandes and Yakubu, you could very well finish 4th IMO.

-BB

22. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    Above Arsenal or Liverpool...??

23. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Arsenal.

EDIT: If we signed Yakubu I'd be pleased, but Anichebe is a very decent young player now and they're quite similar - although I suppose Yakubu has considerably more pace - but if we signed Fernandes (on a permanent deal) I wouldn't be able to contain my excitement.

24. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    lol.

25. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    There are stories circulating on Everton fansites that take (seemingly) every conceivable tack. Some say he was in London yesterday (as Everton were), some say he's stuck in Portugal waiting for Everton to pay Benfica, some say the third-party shenanigans - and squaring all that with the Premier League - is just taking time, and some say he's been swayed by bigger money offers from Aston Villa and / or Manchester City. That being said, the vast majority of articles seem to be pointing to Everton tying up the transfer at some point in the next few days. Everton do not seem to be able to make a quick 'swoop' for a player - to do a deal before complications and other clubs come sniffing around the quarry. Any Everton transfer takes days and days and days.

I have my fingers and toes crossed. My heart already has him in the team for next Saturday's game at Reading, but my head still believes the thing will fall through for some reason or other (probably Everton being stingy or characteristically indecisive). If we can get him, I reckon Moyes can do a job on him like he's done with Arteta. When we signed Arteta, he was a journeyman midfielder (PSG, Rangers, Socieded) generally considered too lightweight to be a Premiership player. Most Everton fans were very skeptical. However within one loan season we were delighted to secure him permanently (and even then nobody else was sure, so we got him for a bargain price), and a couple of years further down the line he's matured into a magician. Fernandes would come with a reputation for quality already established, and will only get better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.