main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI ITT we post best memory from previous SW celebrations

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by huttese1138, Feb 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I'll never forget watching the sneak preview Yoda footage in that huge ballroom at CII in Indy. Complete surprise and the first time seeing the little green guy with a lightsaber. ... The multi-room hotel party wasn't bad that weekend either.

2. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    Well I've only been to one Celebration and that'd be C3. It's tough to nail down the best memory, but there were a lot of them. Sauntering through downtown Indy with everyone, all of us lugging various adult beverages. The way the convention center and all these other buildings downtown were interconnected. Mike f'ng Williams being drafted. How the hotel we stayed at was basically a giant drunk Star Wars nerd dorm.

But I'm gonna go with getting Timothy Zahn and Aaron Allston to sign Heir to the Empire and Wraith Squadron, even if I did act like a stuttering feeb in front of them.

3. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    I had forgotten the Mike Williams draft was during CIII. I remember not leaving the room until the Lions had made their first two picks. I also vividly remember your TZ run in. One of the few times I believe not even an over-tanned, liberal, California blonde with a Zima in her hand could've ruined your day.

4. c3500BC

c3500BC Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2008
    I have tons of good memories from CII and CIII.CII was great because it was the first large-scale convention that I had ever been to.It's since become the one that I compare other conventions to,not that I have gone to that many,though.The opening ceremony was fun,and that dude who played Jabba in the SW Trilogy in 30 minutes was grossly hilarious,but getting together with the group at the end of the first day to share and compare experiences was one of my best memories of that weekend.

CIII was fun because I got to arrive early and stay until after the convention,so I didn't feel as rushed.Also being able to go to the convention with my significant other helped make it even better.

5. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    California? I think you meant Ohioan Buckeye fan. And you forgot tattoo'd and pierced, with dyed hair. :p

6. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    Waiting in line for 8 hours for an exclusive figure that I could have bought online AFTER CIII....

Robert snoring like a freight train....

Sleeping on a lounge chair...

Good times......

Seriously though, I enjoyed every minute of it.

7. BlastyTrooper

BlastyTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2003
    For the first Celebration, see my numerous photos and quotes on the official Star Wars site: http://www.starwars.com/fans/events/20090430quotes.html :D

The best part about CII, was the Star Wars Concert. [face_dancing]

CIII was my blasty favorite of the 3 I've attended. That's because of all the friends I had gotten to know via the FF and 501st between 2002 and 2005. I didn't know anyone at the first two Celebrations. It seemed everywhere we went at CIII, there was somebody we knew. It was great to compare experiences at the end of each day back at our packed hotel room.

8. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Watching Mike's face when Steve was describing their day waiting in that 8 hour line for the "exclusive" action figure.
    Seeing a hotel room full of guys in sleeping bags watching the NFL draft during the busiest day of the convention (good move, it was too crowded to do anything, anyway).
    Standing on a chair to direct traffic out of the George Lucas discussion.
    Meeting Rena Owen.
    Rob carrying around a bottle of Jack wearing a Burger King crown and a pink blanket.
    Accidentally sitting in the "VIP" row with Jon through the Ep III spectacular.
    Watching Steve make out with Piggy in a restaurant the first night. Some drinking may have been involved.
    Having an amazing time with great friends!

I can't wait for CV!

9. Qonas

Qonas Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2003
    That whole experience has been effectively blocked from my mind, except for the food cart finally coming by. I still want to punch the con organizers right in their filthy faces for this mess. We missed Ian MacDiarmid and nearly missed the opening ceremonies to wait on an action figure, which they then un-exclusived!!! ARGH!

The NFL Draft is kind of a big deal. :p I jumped into the con itself after that Mike Williams pick...or maybe it was after the Shaun Cody pick. One of them.

Or just walking around in boxers and a wifebeater holding a full case of beer. :D

Why do I not remember this? We ate at the Bucco di Beppo's, right?

10. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    Why do I not remember this? We ate at the Bucco di Beppo's, right? [/quote]

I plead the 5th. ;)

11. lavagrrrl

lavagrrrl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    [image=http://blastylava.com/Gallery/costume_events/2005/2005_04_20_CIII_Wednesday/images/1015.jpg]
    Steve & Piggy [face_love]

12. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    ohh damn....now that is incriminating evidence. :)

13. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    That finger placement suggests the night was just beginning. Steve, you dog ...

14. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    You're just jealous....

15. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    You got me. What can I say, the strap boots do it for me.

16. Neutron_Force_45

Neutron_Force_45 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2004
    [image=http://blastylava.com/Gallery/costume_events/2005/2005_04_20_CIII_Wednesday/images/1015.jpg]

never saw this one...too funny!!!

I have great memories too of C3........Loved every minute!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.