main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph James Bond: Now Disc. "Skyfall" Video Blog by Sam Mendes

Discussion in 'Community' started by big_boss_nass, Jun 12, 2003.

1. gator

gator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 20, 2003
    I would really like Michael Apted, director of The World Is Not Enough, to come back for Bond 21.

Me too, The World is not Enough is my favorite of the Brosnan films and I'd like to see Michael Apted return.

2. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    Bringing Lee Tamahori back would be a crappy idea. Day didn't turn out as well as I had hoped...

3. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    I'd really love to see Irvin Kershner direct an "official" James Bond movie. But I think he stopped working. He hasn't made a film since Robocop 2, thirteen years ago.

4. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    I'd love to see Martin Campbell come back. He's a solid action director.

5. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Martin Campbell is rumored to be coming back for Bond 21 but if Zorro 2 goes ahead he may not direct it.

One more thing Bond 21 may come out November of 2004.

6. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    2004...? That's too soon, isn't it? I heard it was gonna be three years after DAD.

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Kersh to direct one? Yeah, 'cause NSNA was soooo good! ;)

Martin Campbell? Didn't he direct Vertical Limit? [face_plain]

AS for the short list, Brosnan wants to do five films in total, so he has one left.

E_S

8. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    I have a Die Another Day question.

Did James fake the heart attack? So he's got some way to produce the physical symptoms of cardiac arrest?

And did M know he'd escape, or expect him to?

9. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    I think Bond slowed his heart rate so that he could use that to escape, which he did. And he supposedly did that same thing when he was being tortured so that he would survive all the pain. He tends to do that same thing in the novels when he's caught and tortured.

And I believe M probably knew that he'd find some way to escape.

10. Anakin_Naberrie

Anakin_Naberrie Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2002
    Actually, Dubya_Scott, 2004 won't be too soon because, tradionally, the average Bond film is released at least two years after its predecessor.

11. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Theoretically, but has it been confirmed yet? I'd like to see a 2004 release, since we had to wait 3 years between TWINE and DAD.

I haven't heard much about the candidates for the next Bond, but I know that Clive Owen seems to be the 'frontrunner'. I don't know enough about him yet to make my choice.

Also, a question..."The world is not enough", Bond's family motto, is shown in OHMSS, which was released 30 years before TWINE. Does anyone know if the title was chosen as an homage to OHMSS for its 30-year anniversary?

12. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    I know, Anakin_Naberrie.

After all the hype died down from the release of DAD, I heard that it would be 2005. That's why I questioned it. I suppose it could have been rumors that people love to throw around concerning the Bond franchise.

... Anyhow... I'd love to see Bond 21 released in a year.

13. Sourdust

Sourdust Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2003
    I'd like to see John Glen do another one (four out of his five were good, and I don't blame him for View), but that's pretty unlikely.

Somebody mentioned Guy Hamilton...didn't he direct both Man with the Golden Gun and Diamonds are Forever? I know he did Goldfinger, but he really screwed up bad after that.

I have no director preference for the next movie but to say that Lee should be kept far away.

I hope the people involved can start coming up with good plots again, like TLD and LTK, instead of these half-baked "this time it's personal" gimmicks. 006, Teri Hatcher in TND, Elektra King, this was all crap. It was either predictable (006), or the chemistry/backstory was invented just minutes before some kind of tragedy occured.

But I expect the next movie to have even more gimmicks, both in terms of story and cinematography.

14. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I hear Brosnan likes them 3 years apart. Apparently it took 7 months to film Die Another Day and Pierce was involved in most of those scenes, then several months of promotional stuff. Doesn't leave much time for anything else. Especially if they're 2 years apart.

15. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    Sourdust, you're right about the "`this time it's personal` gimmicks". I hope the franchise doesn't go downhill from here on out...at least according us purists...

The Brosnan one's were all character-driven.

16. Sourdust

May 21, 2003
    I just got Licence to Kill on DVD the other day (finally) and was amazed all over again at how well developed the characters are and how intricate the plot is. My wife couldn't be paid to sit through a Moore Bond, but she actually enjoyed Licence.

Or what about From Russia With Love? They had great characters (Kerim Bay, one of the best), and easily one of the top plots of the series. But then again, that was pure Fleming....

I wouldn't worry if DAD were another Man with the Golden Gun or something, but all the weird unorthodox gimmicks can't be a fluke. You can't accidently make a movie that out of sync with the rest of the series. Even Moonraker has a good 45 minutes that are completely watchable.

17. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Hmm . . . those forty-five watchable minutes in Moonraker . . . you're referring to the credits?

:p

18. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I think that Bond 21 will come out in 2004 because they are trying to sqeeze out more films before Brosnan gets to old.

I would love to see Bond 22 or 23 come out in 2007 :D

19. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Yes, the family motto "Orbis non Suffit" from OHMSS was deliberately chosen for "The World Is Not Enough". :)

45 of watchable Moonraker, Sourdust? When?!? ?[face_plain]

E_S

20. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    Upcomingmovies.com keeps pretty good track of these things, and usually doesn't "jump ahead" like a lot of fan pages do. They still report the next one coming in 2005.

James Bond 21.

I can't find it now, but did anyone hear about Pink maybe having a role in the next one? I don't know anything about her.

21. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Yeah I read that Pink could be in the next James Bond movie. I hope she isn't though.

Also I think that Bond 21 could come out in 2005 which is the same year the Jinx movie comes out.

22. Sourdust

May 21, 2003
    Hmm, perhaps I haven't seen Moonraker in a while.... I seem to remember enjoying several parts of it. Like the parts where they're not in space, and Jaws isn't around.... I don't know, I'll say 25-30. Is that more plausible? :)

If Pink's in the next Bond, I think I'll go without.

23. Anakin_Naberrie

Anakin_Naberrie Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2002
    What's wrong with Pink being in a Bond movie?(I want good reasons, other than "she sucks", ok?)

Here's hoping Bond 21 comes out in 2004.

24. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    What's wrong with Pink being in a Bond movie?(I want good reasons, other than "she sucks", ok?)

Ok she's to young and has tattoos over her body. Not right for a Bond film. She would fit right in xXx 2.

25. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    She's like a white Grace Jones.