main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN January Book Club

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by EMERALD_GREENE, Dec 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    When: January 15th 2004 @7:30 pm

Where: South Side Borders book Store Cafe (U.S. 31S. & Shelby St.)

Book: X-Wing series book one ROGUE SQUADRON

This is the beginning of an exciting series that gives us a different look at the SW Universe, That of 'normal' persons (fighter pilots) doing what they can to defeat the Empire without all the flashy Jedi (Luke/Mara) stuff. It should be a good time so I hope to see everyone come out for this. Until then, MTFBWYA!

2. EMERALD_GREENE

Jul 23, 2001
    Just a reminder for everyone that Book Club meets this Thursday!

3. EMERALD_GREENE

Jul 23, 2001
    We had a good time at Book Club last night with 12 people in attendance. In addition to talking about the book, we had one item of new business to discuss. The new news magazine, INtake, has approached us to write book reviews for new SW books that come out. It was a unanimous vote to get more information from Intake before we totally commit to doing this but going ahead & pursuing this option to further advance the Book Club & by extention, the Indy Knights. IF we decide to do this, we have decided to have 4 contributing writers (Greg- Darth Chewie, Ryan- YodaFett77, Gail- TheGepper & myself) on a rotating basis with Gail scheduled to have the first article about the new Timothy Zahn book that we will be doing the book signing for. I am excited about tha additional exposure for the group & it should be fun doing the reviews.

I look forward to seeing you all at the GM/Timothy Zahn book signing coming up on Feb. 4th & of course, at the next book Club.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.