main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN January Fanforce Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jar Jar, Dec 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    The next meeting of the Knoxville FanForce chapter will be on Tuesday January 7th at 7:00p.m. at Mr. Gatti's on Kingston Pike. Seeing as it will be our first meeting of the New Year, we'll try to use the time (as well, as this thread if you'd prefer) to make some New Year's resolutions for the chapter as well as make a fresh start. Yes, for once a Knoxville FanForce meeting under my leadership will have an item of business up for discussion and will follow through on it. :)

What I'd like to do is talk to you guys and see what things you would this chapter accomplish over the next year. By "things"
    I mean anything you would like to see done. From outings and events to projects and general goals, try to give it some thought
    and write down your ideas or post them here as you get them. I promise to do the same, and I have already had a few ideas come to me while I was writing this.

I will make a list of everything brought up and we will then make a "Top Twelve" list. Each month, at least one of the goals on the list will be accomplished until it is all completed. If we go through the list early (Which I know we can do), we'll try to accomplish either those ideas and goals not in the top twelve or make a new list and start again.

Also at the next meeting (or again, right here or via PM or email if you would prefer it) I want to hear any and all suggestions and comments on how you think I, the Knoxville chapter, or FanForce itself can improve. I want to make this the best club possible for all of you and myself. I honestly want us all to be proud of our chapter and our organization. I want you guys to put any issues or problems out on the table so that deal with them and make things right with anyone who feels as though they have been offended or wronged by me or someone else in this chapter.

As I said before, just think about it and let me know. I look forward to hearing from all of you!

2. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    I know I am more active on the TSWCG but since I am kind of a lurker here hope it's ok for me to make a suggestion......

I can't think of any real ideas per se...

But I will give my support to any kind of items like patches, t-shirt and or caps.

I think those are always cool and help promote the group and bring more members.

I know I am not a very active member so I understand that my opinion and voice won't carry the same weight of the more active members. It's just what went through my mind when I read this....

Good luck!
    Rod

3. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Well that's the whole thing, You don't have to have ideas right away. Just think about it and when you have an idea either post it here or bring it up at the January meeting if you can make it. You don't have to be a big time member in order to have an opinion or idea that could be used either. In fact, you may have never even attended a meeting and I'd still like to hear your input.

With that said, let's all see what we can think up. Remember, this isn't just about projects like shirts or hats, but anything and everything you'd like to see a Star Wars group do.

4. TanthosJorlac

TanthosJorlac Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2001
    I , like Rod, am not a very active person in either TTSWCG or K-Town Fan Force but I hope that I can be soon. A possible new job in January will allow me more freedom to attend meetings and hopefully support the group more. I have a couple of comments as of right now: A website for the FanForce group--- I know that several other FF groups have them and I was wondering if that was going to be in the works?
    T-shirts and patches-----I would be careful as to what picture you display so you don't get in trouble from LucasFilm Licensing for copyright laws.
    That was just a few things I can think of right now.
    May the Force be with you!

5. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Rod was telling me that according to Lucasfilm fan art does not violate copyright law, so a decent artist could make an image or logo and we could use that on anything safely. I'm up for that, but I can't draw all that well personally.

A website is actually possible and I might even be able to put the site on a private server a friend has recently obtained (It's a six bay SCSI tower with dual pentium pro's running the latest version of apache and a DSL connection). I'm not much of a web designer, but I could help a bit and it might be a fun learning experience. If there are some folks who know thier code and want their to be site I have no problem with getting you a space and helping maintain news and such.

6. GregJ

GregJ Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2002
    I'm a decent cartoonist (I used to work as a graphic designer for the Nashville Network), I could provide pen & ink drawings of any SW characters you might want to incorporate into any designs. Write me at: GregJarnigan@webtv.net for a quick response.

7. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Wow! That sounds awesome Greg, and I highly doubt that anyone would want to turn down your offer for help. Our meeting is only two weeks away, so we will discuss what kind of image we'd like on a shirt at the meeting (and here) and come up with something you could use for a design.

Thanks a lot for your help!

8. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Well, I'm gonna up this so that folks are aware of the big get together. Remember, this thing is next week, so you have been warned. :)

9. BushiFox

BushiFox Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2002
    Anyone interested in trading anything this time? So I know if I should lug any of my stuff out that way.

10. tennesseejedi

tennesseejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2001
    james--

is everyone meeting again in the dining room area or will there be a quieter place to sit and talk like one of the back rooms? it got kinda loud last time to try and talk to everyone out in the open.

11. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    It'll be in the main area to start, but we will move in to the back as soon as it becomes open to us. I've explained before about the private rooms and how your reservation doesn't work so this is (unfortunately) the way things must be done.

12. tennesseejedi

tennesseejedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2001
    good to see everyone again at the meeting. thanks Greg for making the long drive to meet with the group. really nice Tusken mask and artwork. James, i hope we gave you some good ideas to go on tonight. Adventurecon2 should be a blast for the Knoxville Fanforce!! Fenn, i hope your saber is now working. :)

--Brett--

13. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Yes, I had a blast and I hope we do everything we talked about. This meeting was probably the best yet, and I loved meeting with Greg and all the gang and actually feeling like things are moving. We got down to business and I'll put up a thread on all our goals tommorrow so that we can actually start up all the really cool things we talked about.

Anyway.. YAY! A big thank you to everyone who made it!

14. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    Yep... got home, stuck some new batteries in it, good as new... much louder and brighter now... put yer wallet away, Scott! :D

Fenn

15. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Cool! Glad it was just the batteries. I had actually heard that it can eat them pretty quick because of all the features now that I think about it. It's not as bad as the early plasma blades though. From what I heard, they chewed up a 9 volt in about 4 minutes.

16. cutiger

cutiger Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2002
    Glad to hear that the meeting went well! I'm anxious to hear the ideas that were talked about in hopes I can actually make another meeting sometime down the road!

17. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    Sorry, I couldn't make it but with my schedule, I don't get to spend too much time with my wife and I don't like neglecting her too much.

I would have loved making it to the last few. Will try harder for the next...schedule and real life permiting.

18. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    It sounds as if your group had a great meeting! :)

I, too, am interested in seeing what was discussed at the meeting. Call me nosey. ;)

19. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    I will post up everything tonight. I have been very busy so I apologize but it will all be up soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.