main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist The Art of Jason Shoemaker (Update: 1/3/18)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Bespin-refugee, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Bespin-refugee

Bespin-refugee Jedi Master star 1

Oct 24, 2002
    Thanks for all of the comments :)

_Sublime_Skywalker_ >I'm not planning to redo any of these at a larger scale (any time soon, at least >_> ). I do have some larger pieces in the works, but, I'm kind of on a sketch card kick at the moment. o_O

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    But you really have talent. I like your bold lines and the way to create shadows.

3. Bespin-refugee

Oct 24, 2002
    Wow, it's been a while, hasn't it? :rolleyes: [face_whistling]

Belated thanks for the comment, AzureAngel2 :)

Here's my latest SW piece:
    'Going somewhere, Solo?'

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    It looks as if you have an extra "http://" in your link. You may want to fix that. ;)

And very nice Greedo! Sketch cards are addictive little things but they can also be a pain with the small space you're given to work with. You filled that space out nicely. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. Bespin-refugee

Oct 24, 2002
    Thanks for the 'head's up' and the comment. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Ha! Great drawing of good ol' Greedo! =D= This is such good timing, as I'm now reading "Millennium Falcon," which delves into the ship's checkered history in much detail--seeing Greedo here, as he corners Solo in the cantina, is a wonderful reminder of those first moments we actually see Han and his trusty 'Falcon for the first time! Great expression (not an easy thing to render on a Rodian face, I would venture! ;) ), and a terrifice likeness! All on such a tiny space--you sketch card artists amaze me, truly! :D

FF

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. Bespin-refugee

Oct 24, 2002
  8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Jolly good up-dates. I like your SW things as much as the Indy ones. The lightness of your pencil lines, how good each of them reflects the character that you did.

Hard to pick a favourite though.

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Nicely done, Jason! It's always a treat to look at sketch cards.

Out of the new bunch of cards, I really like the Tusken. Nice pose and the cross-hatching helps to convey the rough texture of the robe and mask.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very cool!! I especially like And the Band Played On :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Nice new additions there--I'm especially fond of the cantina musician! You capture these images very cleanly and with a nice economy of line--well done! :D

FF

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. Bespin-refugee

Oct 24, 2002
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    They look great, Jason! The montage idea wasn't an easy task to undertake on such a small space, but you pulled it off!

It's great to see you contributing to the cause! :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very nice!! I love how you used shading and tyhe detail in the pieces.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Very cool new work--and I'm with our erstwile Moderator--I'm so impressed with anyone that can do work like this on such a small scale (I'd go blind within 10 minutes, trying to cram all of that onto a CARD! lol!)! And kudos on doing some charity work, too--props to you! :D

FF

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. Bespin-refugee

Oct 24, 2002
  17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Great additions! Nice detail work in the Chewie and I love the placement of the Jawa card. It makes things a little more interesting. ;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I like the boldness of your pencil lines. That makes the figures so vibrant and alive, sparkling with energy.

[:D]

19. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    I agree with both the comments above: very nice framing on the Jawa piece--it gives a wonderful tension to the piece; and the Chewbacca portrait is wonderful (all that fur has to give you dreadful heartburn trying to draw it, tho! lol! :D )! Your use of crosshatching is very well-done, too! *nodding*

FF

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. Bespin-refugee

Oct 24, 2002
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I would not like to get killed by that guy. He looks very arrogant and indifferent to his surroundings. =D=

Great skretch! =D=

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    He almost looks a little sleepy here! Dozin' before the blastin' I suppose! Great work on the helmet--all the divots and scuffs on it are wonderful and tell a story about this soldier's life; his oft-broken nose does the same thing! Wonderful work yet again!

FF

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    I'm always in awe of people who can work at such miniscule scale... huge respect for that! You do a really great job with the likenesses, and I love how you portray loads of different characters and motives from the SW universe!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. Bespin-refugee

Oct 24, 2002
  25. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Eeee, it's Wedge! [face_love] They both look great, you did a really good job in capturing their likenesses (and I always find that SO hard with Luke!). Wedge is my favourite though. Nice job at getting him right in the middle of the action, love how you sketched his mouth. =D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.