main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sth Bend, IN JC FAQ

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Xmaveric, Dec 3, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    *****Frequently Asked Questions*****

*How do I become an administrator?*

The forum administrators are selected by invitation only, either by TheForce.net staff or other administrators. Please do not ask to become an administrator.

*How do I edit something I've posted?*

After you post, you have 60 minutes to make corrections or changes to your message. Simply click on "EDIT YOUR POST" just below your message.

*Can I change the topic title of my thread?*

Yes you can. To edit your topic title, edit your message and simply change the subject line. Note that the same 60-minute time limit rule applies to this as well, so it would be a good idea to choose your topics wisely.

*How do I include a link to another web page?*

Simply paste the full URL into your message. Snowboard will automatically make it into a clickable link.

*How can I see how many times I've posted here?*

Clicking on your own user name will take you to your profile page. Here you can see how many posts you have, your registration date, your list of favorite users, and other optional personal details.

*What do the stars next to my name mean?*

The stars indicate how many times a person has posted. Stars are awarded at 50, 250, 500, 1000, and 5000 posts.

*What happened to the thread I posted months ago?*

In order to save server space and keep the forums running smoothly, older topics that have not received replies for a while may occasionally be deleted, or "pruned". This is not a personal action against you, unless you posted something that was in violation of forum rules.

*How come I can't see my last post?*

Due to the incredible amount of traffic that the Jedi Council Forums recieve, the server may sometimes update slower then at other times. Be patient. Your post will most likely appear within 60 seconds. Please do not hit the submit button more then once, or try posting your message again, as this will usually result in multiple posts of the same message. Wait for a reasonable amount of time, and make sure your browser has the most recent version of the page loaded. Holding down the shift key and pressing Refresh will make sure of this in most browsers.

*How do I post a picture?*

Currently, posting pictures is not an option on Snowboards. Hopefully it will be soon.

*How do I take people off of my "Watched Users" list?*

Go into Options at the top of the page, and click on "Manage Your Watched Users List". Simply click "Remove" on the user you wish to delete from your list.

*Why do some users have colored names?*

Colored names denote admins, managers (TFN staff), and VIPs. VIP status is generally reserved for well-known Star Wars authors.

*Why does a topic have a line through it?*

This means that a topic has been closed from receving further replies. You can still read the thread, but cannot post to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.