main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JC.N GL Gaming Lounge

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Dan, May 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    It's come to my attention that we're in dire need of this sort of thing. A few guys are wondering why the JC.N GL hasn't been organizing games, and they're saying that the forum is suffering from the lack of unity and gaming. And for some reason people think it's up to me to fix it. I'd have to agree to a degree on both points.

Regardless, this thread is going to be sort of a test. In one aspect, it'll be for announcing games of any type.

Want to announce an organized JO game in advance? Do it here.
    Want to tell some people that you've just organized an impromptu game over AIM/MSN/ICQ, and you want to let people know the IP address? Do it here.
    Want to let people know of your favorite CS server and when you play, or are you hosting a game of your favorite RTS? Do it here.
    When Galaxies comes out, and you want to let people know that you're going into a specific server and need people for a group? This is the place.

You get the general idea. It's different from how we used to do things (creating an individual thread for each game). Frankly, Games is a lot bigger nowadays, and if everybody did that, then this place would be cluttered. And jp would have to start closing threads with our games in it after a certain time (as discussed in the Games Changes thread), losing history, fun times, and a place to talk. I just don't think it could work that way any more. I'm not sure if this will be any better, but it's worth a shot.

This thread can also serve as a gloating area for me. Or anybody else that on an off chance happens to do well. ;) It will additionally serve as a lounge/social thread for in between games.

I guess you could call this thread the beginnings of the JC.N GL's fifth generation.

So, I'll start us up.

JC.N GL Jedi Outcast Game #1

Date: Saturday, 05-24-02
    Time: 9:00 PM EST, but this can be changed within reason if some people can't make it at that time.
    IP and game type: TBA. Unfortunately, we don't have a server that we can control [yet], so it's hard to do this with JO. I'll find a server before the games, test it out, and post the info. It will definitely be the basejk game at version 1.03
    Rules: The only thing I can think of is that this will probably be a FFA game; pretty much everything is fair game. However, we'll set up a dueling area (such as on top of the building in bespin, or on the platfor in duel_bay), and if you interfere with the duelers or the people waiting in line, we'll kick your ass.
    Notes: I'll post the server name and IP in this thread. The easiest way to join is copying the IP, going into the game, pulling down the console (shift and ~), and typing connect <ip>, and just paste the IP where the <ip> is.

That about wraps it up.

Oh, and one more thing: FORCE BOAT!!!

[color=indigo]Reopened on parole...[/color]
    [hl=forestgreen][color=yellowgreen][b]Thread title changed to make thread more accessable, and to compensate for the someone negligable presence the JCN.GL has these days.
    2. Changed for a day or two to satisfy the almighty whim of Dan.[/b][/color][/hl]
    [b][color=red][hl=navy]3. Locked due to hitting the all mighty 10005th post. New Thread will be up soon.[/b][/color][/hl]

2. Insane Anakin

Insane Anakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 1999
    Make sure to RECORD a DEMO, so that IA can watch it and pretend he was there.

:*(

3. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    I really need to get JO, so I can game with all of you. And summarily get my ass handed to me.

4. Insane Anakin

Nov 12, 1999
    Yeah, kill fodder is respectable. That's why we let Flanders play.

5. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    Good stuff, Dan.

Go for it, Fluke.

6. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    I didn't think of a demo. That's a good idea, but now I need to invest time in figuring out how to do it. Do you know if they record your first/third person view, or something else?

7. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    I should be getting JO within a week.

By the way, do we play a different game each night, or what?

8. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Doesn't matter to me. Anything, Star Wars or non Star Wars, or even Chess on the Zone, or whatever... Doesn't make a difference to me.

9. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Sorry I'm late.

This is a good thread. I approve.

10. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    You better approve!

Anyway, game time. If you're up for some JO, use the Find a Player feature, and search for either PreacherBoy or OnlyOneCanoli.

11. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    Great thread. I love the idea of making a general thread for all games. I'm up for a JO game now. ICQ,AIM,or MSN me if you're interested. Contact info is in my profile.

12. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    This time tomorrow? You might even get me there...although the lag here sucks big time...I get pings of over 500...

13. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Yeah... Q3 netcode is pretty rough on 56kers and people not close to the server. But you might as well give it a shot. And patfett, we just got done with a pretty cool game. It was great until it degenerated into a guessing game with everyone wildly swinging their sabers.

14. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    I don't think I helped making myself purple and all...

15. Darth-Hannibal

Darth-Hannibal Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2001
    The way I figure it, SFL has enough evidence to realise I'm me, Sithy seems convinced I'm not, without any evidence at all, Conn won't return my messages, and Bib and Dan seem to be accepting me, oddly. I don't think anyone else will be offended by my being here, so I quit worrying about it.

So, anyone want to play some classic JK this weekend? I still don't have Outcast... maybe I can pick it up next week, celebrate getting a summer job.

16. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    9:00PM EST is 2:00AM BST (British Summer Time).

I'd like to request that the game be made a couple of hours earlier. Myself and my fellow Europeans might have a job joining otherwise.

D-H? Aren't you supposed to be dead?

17. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    I'd be up for some JK games whenever....

Oh, and why the real Darth-Hannibal would send me X-Wing Alliance training missions he sent me AGES ago is beyond me.

18. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    Darth-Hannibal is my sock.

19. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "Real" Darth-Hannibal? Hee hee hee.

"Yeah, kill fodder is respectable. That's why we let Flanders play."

Oh yeah? OH YEAH?

20. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Barns, ICQ me or something when you want to play. We can post the info here, and people can join if they want. But I'd rather keep the organized game time set for now. You can pick out a server in the UK if you want to.

21. Insane Anakin

Nov 12, 1999
    More notes on RECORDING a DEMO for IA.

A 3 MB Recording will get you just about an hour of gameplay, or that's my experience. If you see the file size getting huge, STOP the recording, and start recording again. This breaks up gigantic files for narrowband IA.

k thx bye

And welcome back, Nads.

22. Jedi Bib

Apr 16, 2000
    My nads have gone missing again!

23. Insane Anakin

Nov 12, 1999
    Better call those hairy Australian women.

24. Dan

Mar 15, 1999
    Yeah, IA, chances are that my 1280x1024 resolution with full effects will fill up 3MB in a matter of minutes. I'd think that, anyway, unless it has some cool compression thingermajig.

25. Insane Anakin

Nov 12, 1999
    Hmm. RECORD stop RECORD stop RECORD stop, then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.