main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC JEDI Australia (VICJedi, NSWJedi, etc)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Navar_Lightstorm, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navar_Lightstorm

Navar_Lightstorm Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2010
    Hello Padawans, Knights and Masters alike,

My name is Navar and I am here on the lookout for any Australian Lightsaber Enthusiasts who stalk these boards, as I wish to begin the community known as JEDI Australia, with VICJedi as the first group to lead the charge. How will I do this, you ask? Simple. For all Victorian Lightsaber Enthusiasts, I wish to meet you at the Supanova Pop Culture Expo!

Date: April 16th- April 18th
    Where: Royal Melbourne Showgrounds

Please come to the event with lightsaber in hand and (if at all possible) in full character costume. I will either be outside or inside (depending on the weather) in a blue and black Jedi costume doing spins and strikes. I will get back to you all on which day and what time I will be there.

Thank you for your time!
    -Navar.

2. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    I don't own a lightsaber OR a costume. but this Expo sounds interesing! I might check it out :D

3. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    Yeah Supernova is like Armageddon in that it caters for a number of genres which in turn brings in a lot of people ... and the parking is better.

As is often the case, it's the Anime fans who bring out all the colour of the event with their costumes.

4. Navar_Lightstorm

Mar 8, 2010
    ALRIGHT! HERE IS THE PLAN, EVERYONE!

April 17th (The first day of the event) is the day that I will be at Supanova. Best guess, I will be there at 12 - 1 PM with or without my Padawan. I will be wandering the con or performing a choreographed fight outside. If it is the former, look for a tall young-looking lad with messy hair, a dark blue outer tunic, a blue-grey undertunic, black pants and boots wielding a blue saber.

I look forward to seeing those who can make it. :)

-Navar.

5. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Alas Melbourne is 10 hours drive from here and I have a party here that night.....I have attended a Supanova and I did have alot of fun. I urge those who haven't to get along and soak up the atmosphere!

6. Dags

Dec 3, 2000
    Well I was hanging around Supernova at this time and didn't see any sabre fights. I guess it means the Jedi were Order 66'd before then. :)

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Maybe they can plan it again for next year and head to Adelaide for Armageddon in March next year ;)

8. Navar_Lightstorm

Mar 8, 2010
    My apologies to those that have been disappointed. Complications in my Padawan's life had stopped him from going to Supanova. I was there, but I had arrived earlier than I anticipated and, after 2 and a half hours, I decided to leave.

BUT!

Adalia-Durron is right. I will be planning to go to the next Melbourne Armageddon and I *will* have my Padawan with me. I'm not giving up on this. :)

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Naw, I mean Armageddon in ADELAIDE!!! :D

10. Navar_Lightstorm

Mar 8, 2010
    Lol! You still meant Armageddon, my friend! :p

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    So you're coming to Adelaide too? :confused:

12. Navar_Lightstorm

Mar 8, 2010
    Okay, so... I'm going to Armageddon Expo in Melbourne this weekend.

HOWEVER

I've attracted some negative feelings from Rebel Legion. They're worried I might make their world a misery.

Expect a video to be posted soon to clarify my intentions with the group.

13. Dags

Dec 3, 2000
    That makes no sense at all. The RL are just a costuming group and all you want to do is swing a few glowing sticks around the place with some dudes. Providing you're not promoting this AS a RL endorsed event you should be able to just go for your life as they can't stop you.

14. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Costuming is serious business? :p

15. Navar_Lightstorm

Mar 8, 2010
    This is the thread in question where I found their paranoia... even if they do make the occasional "good to have another group" thing...

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22721&sid=7caf1f7821cb5b950cffaa6754c94a2a

Also, to give the ultimate description of what I want to do, VICJedi will a "lightsaber stage combat" group. No "sparring" amongst members at events, doubly so with the public. Safety is priority.

16. Dags

Dec 3, 2000
    Well guess what dude, they can't stop you as they are not licenced reps of LFL and as such have no authority whatsoever in this area. No matter how big their organisation becomes, they're still a Star Wars costuming group and that's it.

If they have worries about your group being confused with them, well they'll just have to deal with it and if anything should talk to you about keeping the group identities apart rather than stating the "he must be stopped" comments.

As a co founder of Star Walking Inc, we could never stop other SW clubs starting up and in fact in our hey day we encouraged the competition.

17. Navar_Lightstorm

Mar 8, 2010
    Exactly my thoughts, dude! :)

I'm uploading the intention video. Anybody want me to post it here?

18. Navar_Lightstorm

Mar 8, 2010
    So, due to my saber's wiring coming apart (:mad:), I went to Armageddon in my street clothing, black trench coat included. I was going to swing by the Star Walking table...

... which was right next to the Rebel Legion table. I said, "Oh, frak" and did a complete 180 degree turn. XD

19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You have RL issues? :confused:

20. Dags

Dec 3, 2000
    Why'd you do that? If you have a concern about being seen by the RL guys then what'll happen if you get your club going and they approach you about it? If anything this would've been a perfect opportunity for you to talk to them directly about what you're doing and to make peace with the world - especially as the head of RL was at Armageddon.

Make no mistake, if you opt to get this club started then at some point you and the RL will cross paths and it's something you're just going to have to deal with.

21. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I was at Supanova this year. Had a VIP ticket and was dressed as a female James T Kirk. *dodges sharp flying objects*

22. Dags

Dec 3, 2000
    Knowing how much Kirk enjoyed the company of the ladies, does this meant you spent all your time chatting yourself up? :)

23. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    Had a friend who went as a female Bones, so I spent all my time chatting myself up and Bones. ;)

24. Dags

Dec 3, 2000
    So when you had a disagreement with her did you say "I need to pick a bone with you?" :)

Truth be known there are plenty of jokes I could make here but let's just move along [face_blush]

25. the_jedi_princess

Apr 26, 2002
    Oh, believe me, we had plenty of jokes. None of them that can be repeated on here. :p

No making out though. I doubt my bf would have appreciated that, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.