main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Kev-Mas Colcha's Fan Art Thread Version 4.0 - June 1st - Minor Update

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Kev-Mas_Colcha, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Version 1.0
    Version 2.0
    Version 3.0

[image=http://kevmascolcha.twilightmainframe.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/shadowguardandtroopers.png]

An Emperor's Shadow Guard flanked by two Shadow Stormtroopers, made from this image of an Emperor's Shadow Guard, an altered version of this image of two Stormtroopers, in a primarily scratchbuilt scene made in The GIMP.

[image=http://kevmascolcha.twilightmainframe.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/shadowguardandtroopers2.png]

An alternate version of above with a shorter lightsaber pike blade, as they were in the Force Unleashed Game, and most likely proper canon.

More is coming soon!

2. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    This is looking pretty neat, I love the use of reflection and fade, it's really effective in this piece, did you do all of this from scratch?

3. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Most of it, yes. The only source images I used is what I linked to.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice work and what are you using?

5. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Thanks, I'm using The GIMP. Takes some time getting used to, but once you do, you realize that in certain areas its better than Photoshop. For example, the selection tools are amazing. However, there is limited options for text, such as no small caps.

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Very nice, Kev!

7. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Very nice work! =D=

8. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Thanks guys.

Here is the greatsaber belonging to my character, Kev-Mas Colcha - made from modifying a piece of Star Wars: The Old Republic Concept art. Again, done in The GIMP.

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/templarsoftwilight/images/7/71/Greatsaber.png]

9. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    That's really cool. Is the GIMP easier to use than a standard photoshopping software, do you think?

10. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Only for certain things, and as soon as you get used to it. But its still pretty good for being free, and is already probably making folks at Adobe grimace with all the features they are able to put into it.

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Very nice work you got here, Kev! I especially like what you've been able to pull off using GIMP. I gave it a shot a while ago, but I could never get the hang of it. I guess I was just too familiar with using PS by that point.

12. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Wow, the fanart is really a place of learning. Thanks for widening my horrizon, Kev!

13. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    [image=http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs44/f/2009/146/4/1/Screenshot___05_26_09_by_kevmascolcha.png]

Just thought I'd share my latest desktop setup with you guys.

Also, in case you are curious, I don't use Mac or Linux, this is actually Windows XP Pro. It's just highly customized, using an alternate desktop shell called Litestep, which for the most part replaces Explorer, as well as a patched uxtheme.dll which enables me to use third party visual styles (not made by Microsoft).

The look is made up of a customized version of a skin suite named AXONKOLOR, as well as a custom made wallpaper and custom made dock icons (using RocketDock).

14. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Something with Windows that worked and looks great.

:D

You created a little miracle here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.