main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Kidsfest Kidsmarket

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Chansplace, Jul 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    Obi Jace and I spent tuesday morning in cathedral square, hunting for bargains and haggling with children at the annual Kidsfest Kidsmarket. Heaps of toy stalls, and we grabbed a heap of bargains including Transformers, Masters of the Universe, and a few star wars bits and pieces, cards, KFC toys, and Jace even got himself a styley SW backpack. no action figures though, they must still be popular. either that or someone got there before us!

It's a pity they only have Kidsfest once a year.
    are there any other markets like this elsewhere?
    there are heaps of sunday markets here, but none
    where you can find heaps of toys!!!

2. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    None that I know of. Garage sales can be good as well but you have to get up real early and scope places out before hand.

3. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    It helps having a dad that goes round the garage sales due to his buisness. Picked me up some nice stuff.

4. Buzz-Bumble

Buzz-Bumble Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    In a garage sale MANY years ago, I managed to get a perfect B-wing and a slightly damaged Snowspeeder (the ones that fit the 3 3/4" figures) for only about $20 - there was something else too, but I can't remember what it was.

There also used to be a used toy shop nearby where I managed to find some Star Wars figures in a big bowl full of different figures (I even managed to find their accessories) - they were only about 5oc each.

5. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Those were the days.

6. Obi-Jace

Obi-Jace Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2001
    Too hard to get too much of a bargin out of kids today, they seem to have knowledge of near market prices, and its pretty damn hard to steal candy off them as well! :p

7. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Doesn't stop us trying though :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.