main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Klaatu barada nikto - The Day The Earth Stood Still movie 12/12

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Sol_Jedi, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Any takers? The trailer looks good and I'm a fan of Keanu Reeves in Sci Fi movies. We can do a saturday get together like GF, his wife, VK2 and I did for Quantum of Solace. Maybe we can get more people to show up. Post here for suggestions.

2. GFORCE13

GFORCE13 Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Nope we are out already booked for a Xmas Party.

3. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Mary, GF & I are talking about using our Arclight passes for this movie sometime during the Holiday week, since GF & I both have a lot of time off. We'll probably go to the Arclight in Sherman Oaks (I think that's where it is.)if anyone would like to come along.

4. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    GF, if that's the weekend of your Xmas party, then let's wait till you use your Arclight passes so we can all go again.

5. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    No the 12th is not our party but another one we are attending but we could wait to all go again and use the passes before they expire on the 31st.

6. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    For sure. When is your Xmas party? I'll make sure to bring my Wii and all my Guitar Hero games and guitars

7. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    The 12th is my birthday, but I'd like to go see this movie eventually. Probably a few days later. I have movies to catch up on when I'm back home.

8. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Bowen, we're not going on the 12th. We're probably going to see the movie some time between the 21st and the 31st. I hope you can make it. It would be fun to finally meet you in person.

9. Sol_Jedi

Oct 8, 2005
    I'm thinking we go next Saturday on the 20th? So that way it's before the holidays and maybe more people can come out and join us.

Post here for suggestions

10. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I think we were talking about the week after because people have time off. I'll check with GForce and Mary this weekend, so please excuse a possible double post if I do.

11. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I spoke to GF & Mary this weekend. Heidi, their dog, will be in a cast another week so we're going to, hopefully, catch the movie later in the month, but before the New Year. It would be great to have a crowd and we'll let everyone know when we have an exact date.

12. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I'll definitely come out to a gathering sometime. I was in Portland from the 11th through the 7th of January, haha, a long time. It usually wouldn't be that long, and it was supposed to be a bit shorter, but there was a girl involved. ;)

13. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    GF, SJ & I did end up going to Roscoes for dinner and seeing the movie. Both were pretty good, but personally I found the ending of the movie a little weak. We kind of decided last minute due to various circumstances & I tried to post it, but my had computer problems that day.

There's plenty of good movies coming up, so I hope we can get together to see some of them.

14. GFORCE13

Jul 12, 2007
    Vk2 I am sure we will, I enjoyed this Film but like you I thought the ending reminded me too much of the Replicators from SG-1 but not bad for an attempt to remake what I consider a Sci-Fi Classic. Also next time just getting the 1/4 Chix with those Waffles, more than enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.