main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Kotobukiya ArtFX Star Wars figures

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by WitchKing73, Feb 7, 2004.

1. JediStarKiller2

JediStarKiller2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    Apparently the Chewie koto wasn't too popular.

2. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    With good reason. I've always thought it looked pretty bad. They've had one at the place where I get my Kotos and it's been there for at least a year.

3. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    BBTS listed 3po/r2 at 125. thats 25 more than casefresh.....unusual.

4. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    nside has it for 122

5. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    BBTS is always over priced. I prefer Nside or MWC.

6. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    i'm going to wait on c3po until i have more money. i may cancel my luke order as well. mikey broke!

7. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    Your going to cancel Luke? Do it...wait for a Jedi Luke.

8. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    i cant wait for bly to finally come out next month

9. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Same here. It's taken so long, but he's almost here.:D They still had the 501st Koto at the comic shop I go to last week, which surprised me. I stil couldn't afford it. I was in there for almost half an hour debating on whether to go ahead and get it. If it's there next week I'll definitely be able to afford it. If it's not there I'll get the stormtrooper instead.

10. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    yea, i keep wanting to order something but i have to hold myself back.

11. Kanybl

Kanybl Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2005
    My Boba Fett finally came in and I picked up the Sandtrooper this Saturday. I am not quite sure what it is about the sand trooper but he is absolutely amazing. By far my favorite so far. I just placed the order for the Jano Fett. Definately excited to gett My 2 favorite characters in Kotos. Well 2 favorite behind Anakin/Vader.

12. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    cool. i need to buy some more but i just cant...

13. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Which Sandtrooper did you get? I didn't find out until recently they made the troopers with grey and black shoulder pauldrons. I think they look much better than the orange one. The poses are much cooler. They had the orange one at the store where I get mine for months. I almost bought it several times, but each time when it came down to it I just couldn't bring myself to get it. Just looks off to me.

The Boba is definitely one of the coolest. He has some of the most intricate detailing of all the Kotos, and has been my favorite out of the six I have since I got him.

14. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    The grey and black ones are limited editions and are much much more expensive than the usual Koto if you get one now, IIRC. So probably the orange one.

15. n00bian

n00bian Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2005
    Im sure this has probably come up before, but what sites do you recommend purchasing Kotos from (or sites to stay away from)? I dont have any yet, but Im looking at getting into them.

thanks

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You can try some of the sites in the second post of our Online Resource thread. (It's stickied at the top of the thread list). All of the sites in the list have been used successfully by people here.

Here in the UK I have used r2dtoys with success, and I know some people in the US have used Entertainment Earth.

17. Kanybl

Kanybl Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2005
    it was the sand trooper with the Orange Pauldron. I love the other 2 but i would ruch rather use the 200 bucks a piece to get other kotos. Perhaps when I am caught up I will fork out the dough to get the Corporal and the Sargeant.

18. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    which ones are you looking for?

19. n00bian

n00bian Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2005
    Thanks...figured it had to be somewhere.

SithAboveAll,

Well, the 501st and Shocktrooper have definately caught my eye (as well as the upcoming droids, which look frickin sweet). Since Ive yet to see one in person (gotta find time to look for them locally) Im a little hesitant on them.

btw, are you in the VA Beach area? I thought I had seen that on the RS boards.

20. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    yea, i'm in chesapeake.

most of the koto's go for around 85ish shipped. ebay is usually pretty good for those.

21. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    n00bian, PM sent

22. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Picked up the 501st trooper today! I love it. The detail is amazing. Everything from all the connecting points in his armor down to the tiniest little detail on his blasters. Paint apps are excellent too. The blue markings are just the right shade and all the damage on his armor looks very realistic. The base is looks very nice as well, with great detailing. This has replaced Boba Fett now as my favorite, but that's no surprise.:p Right now I'm just trying to find a place for it. I'll most likely just go ahead and put him with my other Koto troopers. I was gonna put him with my clone collection but there's just not enough room. I really need to make some more space before Commander Bly arrives.

23. JediStarKiller2

Apr 5, 2006
    Must fight the jealously...it's not the Jedi way.

24. SithAboveAll

Feb 8, 2005
    scout trooper is pretty cheap so far. ends today.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6066458526&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

25. n00bian

n00bian Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2005
    SithAboveAll, pm sent