main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends KOTOR: An unlikely heroine

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Padawan4687, Jul 18, 2010.

1. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    Good to see that the are safely off of Kaskyyyk and back on their way for more Star Maps.

2. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Sorry I took so long to get here, Padawan, but I'm loving this more and more. :D

3. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    Darth Real Life has had me in a headlock lately.....I feel horrible for nearly abandoning this story...

Part 32 

Sand blasts ricocheted from the Ebon Hawk's window screen. Evidently, they ended up landing in the middle of a sandstorm. "It's a shame you didn't see that in your visions." Nalana said, seated in the pilot's chair. Out of the corner of her eye, she caught a eye-roll from Bastilla. "A vision warning about the weather? Please..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A bored sigh escaped Raven's lips as she gazed out a small window. This bad weather would keep them from gaining the latest Star Map! It had been two days already! Of course, her Master would tell her patience is a virtue, and this was most likely testing it...

Footsteps outside her small quarters jolted her back to reality, and she spotted Koi walking past. "Hey, Koi!" she said brightly. Koi quickly turned to her, and smiled lightly. "What are you so smiley about? You aren't bored out of your mind yet?"

Raven let out a laugh. " 'Bored out of my mind,' would be an understatement." Hurried footsteps made the duo turn around, and Peter came moving down the hallway toward them. 

"Any word on the sandstorm?" he asked them. Both Raven and Koi shook their heads. "I overheard Nalana and Bastila bickering about it. I doubt it will end anytime soon." Koi said, his frustration thinly masked. "We won't be able to do much of anything..."

Raven was slightly taken aback. Everyone was a bit grumpy from being caught in such a storm, but Koi seemed especially worked up. What was bugging him? Oh, right..... she thought suddenly. His mom...

Seeming to read her mind, Koi vsaid, "I've already managed to get permission to visit my mom...but only after the Star Map is found. Which could take days, along with this storm!" Raven fought off the urge to tell him the 'patience is a virtue' lecture, but Peter said it for her. They got an eye-roll in response.

4. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    After a month without internet, I'm back. ^_^

A sandstorm, eh? That's an interesting twist. Though, these bored kids might get up to some mischief in the mean time.

And now that I'm back, I can bug you some more: you owe me collab piece revisions sometime when you are not busy with this fic... soon?

5. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    SoA You won't let me forget about that collab, will you? :p I just can never find time to really work on it! Between homework and school issues it's hard to do anything now...

6. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Part 33 (It's certainly not a lot,, but I just had to put tis in somewhere! [face_laugh] )

It took the rest of the day for the sandstorm to die down. By then, Raven was so sick of the ship's confines that she sprinted down the length of the loading ramp and slid to a halt in the sand. 

It was in the afternoon, and the air was still heated.To Raven, it was very refreshing, compared to the stale air of the Ebon Hawk. "I never thought I'd miss this heat so much!" Koi said with a laugh, as Peter and Raven were walking around with their arms out in a stretch. 

"Me neither." Raven replied. By then, all of the adults were outside as well, and Mission grumpily shaded her eyes from the sun. "If this is the weather every day, I'd rather stay inside!" she grumbled. 
    "Coming from the computer geek." Raven could not resist to add. 

Mission stared at her, eyes wide, then glared. "Get over here you you little-!" she shouted as she came at Raven in a dead run.  "EEEK!" Raven squealed like a little girl, and leapt up to run. 

"Wait till I get my hands on you!" Mission yelled, getting closer and closer. "Your skin will be black and blue!" The two continued the chase, until Raven nearly crashed head first into Bastilla.

They both tumbled in the sand, and Bastilla found it hard to keep a grumpy face. Soon she was laughing too. "Alright, you two," she said once the laughter died down. "It's about time we focus on the Star Map; not games." Koi pouted a bit, and said under his breath that his Master was no fun.

Poor Koi got a lump on his head after that.