main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR guide

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by DarkLordSid, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Okay, so I've been playing this game on and off for a while now, since it came out really, and now I've been all over the known galaxy and seemed to have missed something. Don't want to be specific as I don't want to spoil it for others, but I'd hate to start all over again just to get the detail I seem to have missed, the running clock for the current save is at 48 hours...

So anyone know of a good guide for this game that is out on the web, one where I can search for keywords and not have to reveal too much so I don't spoil it all to myself in the process?

One of these days I'll finish this and then it's onto KOTOR II, probably just in time for III to be released whenever that will be.

2. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Playing it at the moment too! Only at 20hrs.

When I get home i'll post a link to a site I use for "help"

3. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Thanks!

4. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Boom!

I plan to destroy Bastilla the first chance I get. She bugs the heck outta me.

5. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    *Snickers* Yeah, nothing like an arrogant, self satisified, smug jedi to really get you annoyed.

Oh, wait, that's all o' them...

*ducks*

Can I get an Order 66 to go, hold the Yoda.

6. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Oh, I so hope I can destroy her.

I love the robot, MK41 r whatevers his name is, he's sooo funny.

7. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    [face_shame_on_you] You don't need a GUIDE!

8. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    The Force is a Guide. How can we complete it witout out the force?:D

Next you'll be saying it's wrong to type in givecredits 999

:D

9. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Oh yeah? Look, I've gotten to the big secret reveal point and now have to continue the search but with the long gap between sessions in playing this game I can't figure out where to look next. Been to all the planets that are unlocked, can't go to the other yet, and I don't have the time to hit every planet and scrounge around again, only hope of ever finishing this game lies in some "help".

So there.

And didn't know about the give credits code, but I try to avoid cheat codes until I've run the thing through all the way once. Then I go back, turn on GOD mode and lay waste wantonly, bwahahahahaaha! Ahem. Sorry, went to the dark side a min, I'm much better now.

10. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    If you want to PM me with your question, I might be able to solve it. I've been through KOTOR a few times and am happy to help. Barring that, search google for "Aeon" and "KOTOR faq"...that should get you to a useful site.

- Kai

11. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    the power of the cheats is a path to many abilities some consider..un-natural.

12. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Eh. The game is easy enough you don't need cheats. Seriously. I've never used 'em. :)

Hey, Sid...did you get you question answered?

- Kai

13. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Haven't had time to get back to the game, maybe this weekend. I'd better get back to it before next weekend, I'm liable to get Half Life 2 and then I'll be blasting zombies for weeks.

14. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Well, heck, Sid. PM me anyway, and I'll help you out. Sheesh. Life is short, solve your KOTOR issue before blasting zombies.

;)

- Kai

15. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    But... but... the rocket crowbar is my FRIEND... makes such a neat squishy sound. And in HL2 I hear you get a weapon that will pick up any object and shoot it like a rail gun. Shoots bricks, barrels, critters, dead people, live people, etc, etc. Fun stuff. And it's got real world physics. Stand on a see saw, throw a barrel on the other end and you go flying.

*evil grin*

16. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Thanks Kai for your suggestions, looks like I DID miss a trip to Korriban, so been working on that.

17. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Yes, yes! To Kai you listen! :p

18. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    Well, can't do THAT, but because she irritated me with her 'tude, I did strip her down to her skivvies and had her run around that way for a while. That was until Mrs. Sid raised an eyebrow or two.

*sheepish look*

Well I thought it was funny.

19. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    That was funny, after the sand people ake back their clothes, was laughing for ages after that.

If i can't destroy her i'll bug the heck outta her by going to the dark side. mmmooohhha haha mmooohahah (evil laugh)

20. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Whew. Glad to hear that this was the problem, since otherwise you were facing a monumental, show-stopping bug! Let me know how your trip Korriban goes. Heh. As I recall, there are some hilarious exchanges between NPCs in Dreshdae, depending on who you take with you at what time.

- Kai

21. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    I confess that I did the same thing to her a few times, mostly right after she made some snarky comment about how amazing she was. I'd rip all her clothing off and make her stand around, being arrogant in her undies.

Frankly, I'm just not a Bastila fan. Lots of fans carry on about Carth and his trust issues, which granted, can be tiresome. But at least he comes off as more or less and adult, and his issues are earned. Bastila is just a young-for-her-age prodigy with her nose in the air. That's the main reason I prefer a female PC. Yes, Carth whines, but at least I don't have to pretend to entertain romantic feelings toward Bastila.

22. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    o_O Must be a gamer thing.

:p

23. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    What, Bastila in her underwear, or the whole thread?

24. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Carth is a bit or a moan-a-minute whinge bag. Can we slay him as we turn to the dark side?

After all betrayel is an essential element of being a proud sith. [face_devil]

25. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    You, my friend, are way too into getting down with your bad random-murder-Sith-self.

And this is said from someone who costumes as Revan. ;)

Besides, betrayal is only fun if you reaaaaaaaaaaaaally rope the poor dope in first. So, if you're going to do it, make sure he's really REALLY fond of you first, before turning on him.

- Kai

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.