main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KOTOR THE MOVIE: EPISODE 2 UNDERWAY!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Kaydon_Sentry, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grevious1991

Grevious1991 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2006
    Yeah...even the good old humble administrator(ME!) couldn't get into the forums yesterday, I suspect the host site was down for a day. It fixed now, and thank god for that...I was nervous there for a second.

2. Kaydon_Sentry

Kaydon_Sentry Jedi Master star 2

Jan 24, 2001
    *NEW TRAILER*

"Return to the Force - with EPISODE I of the Knights of the Old Republic Trilogy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IJUWxYK7C6g

With the highly anticipated second film of the first KOTOR Trilogy currently in production (Episode II: Search for the Star Forge) - we celebrate the opening chapter of this great saga with a NEW trailer, showcasing the magic and thrills that started it all!

Return to the Adventure. Return to the Magic. Return to the FORCE!!!!

Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic: EPISODE I! Available now!

3. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I'd definitly be interested in seeing this movie. Post it when it's done.

4. Lord2

Lord2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2006
    He'll.. or wait, Episode I is already released and he's now working on Episode II. For more info. about media/movie/trailers/clips and stuff like that. See this http://forum.freeboards.net/viewtopic.php?t=23&mforum=kotormovie
    page!

5. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    EPISODE 2 SPY REPORT!!!! 5-29-07 - "EXPANDING THE MAGIC..."

----

Many new techniques are being used for Episode II: Search for the Star Forge - including of course the technique called "comping". A similar process was used in Episode 1 to show all the gang together in the Kashyyyk celebration.

Word has it that many new types of techniques involving comping will be utilized in Episode 2. Two such cases appear in an early sequence (the Sith Base Infiltration and Escape).

As the Ebon Hawk blasts its way out of the Sith hangar - we'll immediately cut to an IN-COCKPIT shot of the Ebon Hawk, looking out the window as if we were passengers ourselves... a shot that follows is an impressive shot of the Ebon Hawk skimming over the Manaan seas with the lens flare of the sun that shines behind the craft!

------

Needless to say, we're very happy with how good some of these shots are turning out. To have the ability to be INSIDE the Hawk now for travel, and create other exterior shots with the ship will serve to EXPAND the MAGIC of the saga - and give fans old and new something to be excited about.

[image=http://kotorthemovie.com/cockpit.jpg]

-Spoil-tastic OUT!

6. OutworldSorceress

OutworldSorceress Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2007
    Hi, I know this is a bit off topic and probably mundane for most of you by now, but I'm trying to download the torrent and am running into a few problems. The only concern that I have right now is (I'm using Azureus) that I never get a green smiley face, always yellow. I've done everything it says to do to fix your NAT problems and it's still like this. Is this because there are just so few of us going after it? I'm really just concerned that I'll get kicked for downloading without seeding--which is what my friend warned me could happen if i don't seed. Even if it wouldn't get me kicked off i'd really like to help speed the download process along for others and not just 'download and run' if you will. It says I am uploading but in very small digits.

Basicly my questions boil down to this: I'm I going to get kicked and is it normal to have such a slow upload speed?

7. BkStudio

BkStudio Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2007
    I saw the preview and played the game and I like what you guys are doing with it.

8. Lord2

Jan 6, 2006
    I'm not sure someone is seeding on the DVD torrent, try this instead:
    http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3632996/Star_Wars_KOTOR1__Episode_I_by_Kaydon_Sentry

I'm seeding there!

9. OutworldSorceress

OutworldSorceress Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2007
    Thanks Lord2. :)

10. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    EPISODE 2 SNEAK PEAK!

Up for only a day or so - catch it while it's up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du55_xGJdds

This clip showcases some of the many sfx-techniques that serve to "expand the magic" as we are calling it - of course, we mean by adding CGI and doing a bit of effects-wizardry to place our heroes in new situations not found in the game.

First shot is of course the Ebon Hawk escaping the docking bay admidst a myriad of Sith blaster fire. Obviously this doesn't happen in the game. We added the blasts.

Also, in the game, you never see interior shots of the Hawk and cockpit while traveling mid-planet. We have added some shots to add to the heroes escaping from the Sith Base on Manaan. This occurs after a lengthy (8 minutes+) infiltration and fight sequence within the base (with Logan and Bastila fighting droids, etc) and the others defending the Hawk in the docking bay.

Note: Not shown in this sequence, there are FOUR more shots (in a row) featuring a special effect or comping techniques to further the story and showcase the Hawk's escape.

All shots are 75% final. Dialogue and the lengths of certain shots or clips could be altered by the time of release.

11. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    That is nice. The outside moving, while characters on screen. The take of . . . I am looking so much foward to this!

12. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    Just like for Episode 1, keep your eyes here for "VISUAL SELECTS" - giving you visual glimpses at the upcoming second chapter of the Knights of the Old Republic Movie Trilogy!

[image=http://www.kotorthemovie.com/selects/01select.jpg]

~K

14. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    [image=http://kotorthemovie.com/selects/02select.jpg]

[image=http://kotorthemovie.com/selects/03select.jpg]

15. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    When I saw these updates, I decided to watch the first one again...then I wanted to see the next one so much I actually went out today and bought the game, haha.

Seriously, LucasArts should pay you or something, lol, you are excellent advertising.

16. Goddard11

Goddard11 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2003
    Kotor... the game that hits every fanboy's nostalgic heart.

17. Lord2

Jan 6, 2006
    I know.. KOTOR and KOTOR2 is one of the best games I've ever played.

18. Sith_Holocron_2

Sith_Holocron_2 Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2006
    What happened to the forums? I can't get into to them . . .

19. Lord2

Jan 6, 2006
    Neither can I... I don't think no one can!
    My last post, see ya' next week :D

20. DARTHBOSPITY

DARTHBOSPITY Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2007
    I can't get on neither, (KOTOR Boards) it says:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections in /usr/home/freeboar/public_html/forum/config/multiforums.config.inc.php on line 10
    Unable to connect to database on 'localhost' with user 'freeboar_phpbb'
    Please check your settings in multiforums.config.inc.php!

Help?!?

21. Grevious91

Grevious91 Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2007
    Can't get into it either. I'm guessing freeboards is updating their servers...but still, it has been like this for two days...I'm starting to get suspicious. Just hang in there folks, we're all in the same boat.

-Grev

22. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    Boards are back in business...

http://forum.freeboards.net/index.php?mforum=kotormovie

23. Lord2

Jan 6, 2006
    I can't get in again, they must be changing their whole system, so many downtimes!!

24. Grevious1991

Grevious1991 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2006
    This is just getting ridiculous.

25. Kaydon_Sentry

Jan 24, 2001
    What is ridiculous?

update on my end: working on the last part of ahto city before the underwater stuff. a bit challenging deciding what stays and what goes as far as the bickering Sith and Republic scenes... but it's turning out alright... the guy (SubjectZero) that made the crawl for me will be getting the first 15 or so minutes on DVD as a preview - so maybe he'll post up a review of the early build for everyone - we'll see when we get that far.

~Kaydon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.