main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***LCC X BEGINS***

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ObiJuan2080, Mar 7, 2012.

1. R2-DK

R2-DK Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2011
    It sounds like things are going surprisingly well this year, given the move and all.

One suggestion I would make for the live judging is to schedule a break somewhere in the middle. Last year it took 2 hours to go over 8 entries. If there really are 21 this time, then that's gonna be a long time for everyone (judges and viewers) to be continuously seated looking at a screen. Not to mention holding our bladders.

2. Sith-Man

Sith-Man Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 19, 2004
    I second that...

For that matter, I'll also third, fourth, and fifth it as well, if that is aloud.

3. R2-DK

R2-DK Jedi Master star 2

Apr 13, 2011
    Well last year, while they only *officially* released the entries like two hours before judging, it was possible to watch them all before that. Someone posted a link to the contest's vimeo page and the people in charge of the contest let it slide.

But yeah, at least 24 hours before, and ideally at least 72. It would be nice for those who want to watch the live judging but will be busy the day or two beforehand to have time to watch the entries in advance.

4. Whiteley79

Whiteley79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Hey all. Sorry my teaser pics are late, but here we are. I'm sure you're thinking, wait...pics? As in more then one? Yep, Two fights this year. I've been busy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. SilentBat

SilentBat Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 28, 2006
    And damn you roto so fast!

6. Penitio

Penitio Jedi Master star 3

May 11, 2002
    I'd like to second this, as an audience member (one day I'll complete an entry.../procrastinator)

7. ObiJuan2080

ObiJuan2080 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2004
    Teague and I had a talk we came to a conclusion. We understand that everyone wants to set their entry to "Public". However, Teague needs more time to gather judges as the usual judges have their hands full with other things they just can't get out of.

So because of this, Teague and I kindly ask you to bare with us and hold off on making your entires public until next weekend which falls on Saturday, October 13th. So spread the word to your friends and family and people you just want to impress, that the entries will go public on October 13th.

Thank you all for participating and your patience.

EDIT: For those who are interested, there are a total of 18 entires.

8. Boter

Boter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    One day before judging, okay. At least it's not same day.

And 18 entries is AWESOME! I'm so excited. [face_dancing]

SilentBat likes this.
  9. ShaneFarley22

ShaneFarley22 Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2008
    18 entries heck yeah

10. SilentBat

Aug 28, 2006
    Good news all around!

18 Entires. Let me see who that is.

Well, Whiteley has 2. Ricky and I have one. Boter and Spenceley. DX6 Channel. WhiteKnight99. That's just six. Clearly I'm missing a few. A lot of non-TFNers I suppose?

11. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    Ryan vs. Dorkman 3: Best Kept Secret Ever

BearBiever likes this.
  12. ResisterOfEvil

ResisterOfEvil Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2007
    18! Awesome! Should be a great time!

13. BearBiever

BearBiever Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2012
    We submitted one again this year as a follow up from LCC IX

14. SilentBat

Aug 28, 2006
    So that's Whiteley's 2. Ours. Boter and Spenceley. DX6 Channel. WhiteKnight99. And now BearBiever. Seven.

15. BearBiever

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh and here's my own teaser screen![​IMG]

16. SilentBat

Aug 28, 2006
    You were in LCC last year? Which entry, I can't remember.

17. BearBiever

Sep 3, 2012
    I personally didn't act (that shot is of me and my hand was broken!) but my entry was the last one (The Darkness Within, seen below). We learned *a lot* from the judges last year, and I hope everyone likes it!

Boter likes this.
  18. DX6channel

DX6channel Jedi Master star 1

May 23, 2010
    Oops, I messed up. Whats with this dice thing?
    Max

19. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    I'm guessing this board system can also be used for RPGs. Neat... oh, considering there's the Role-Playing section, gotcha. Very neat!
    Though our entry is, I feel, competitive, I think the most rewarding thing for me will be hearing the judges discuss it so I can continue to learn.

BearBiever likes this.
  20. Ricky_Calrissian

Ricky_Calrissian Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2008
    Oooooh... I look forward to seeing what you guys did this year!

BearBiever likes this.
  21. Teague

Teague Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2006
    Hey everyone!

Here's what I can say about the judging this year. (I could tell you everything I know, but most of what I know is "we don't know yet," so, let's stick to the stuff that's definite.)
    • Sunday, October 14th, at 2 p.m. PST, the judging will begin. The judging will stream from the usual place, DowninFront.net/Live, which is where we usually broadcast our Down in Front episodes as we record them. (Also, listen to Down in Front, for god's sake.)
    • There is a chatroom right there that will be the only "official" chatroom for the LCC stream - which basically means it's the only one any of us are gonna be looking at. So if you wanna put hexes on us and stuff, basically do it anywhere else on the internet and we'll never know. You can log into this chatroom as a guest if you don't wanna sync Tinychat with your Twitter or Facebook. (I know I don't.)
    • Ryan will not be a judge this year. I can't say for certain who all will be a judge this year, but presumably it'll be a mix of familiar faces and qualified fight-ish people.
    • We'll institute an intermission for the live show, sure. :)
    • There will almost certainly be no prizes this year, i.e. Novus sabers. We're always happy to make that happen, but it doesn't look likely for this year. Sorry everybody.
    • As per usual, we will be streaming the fights on the channel, with our judging on top as live commentary. In case you don't catch the entries beforehand, you'll be able to catch them live.
    I've already watched all of the entries, and while I'm not a judge, I can say that the judges have their work cut out for them. I think this year has the highest percentage of really quality entries I've ever seen. Everyone worry deeply and try to get some sleep. We'll see ya next weekend. [face_dancing]

22. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Game over, man!

Sounds good to me. With my work schedule, it looks like I'll be arriving to the judging chat a little late, but I'm sure you guys'll save the best for last. :cool:

23. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    Which one of Whiteley's are you referring to?

Oh wait, I'm on your side this time. This is weird.

24. Ephisus

Ephisus Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    Did somebody say Samurai earlier?

[​IMG]

25. Ephisus

Ephisus Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003