main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Leá Monde II: The Phantom Pain

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Winged_Jedi, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Sinwara
    Rushing

The Force sang with a warning, and Sinwara blinked, taking a step back from the throne. The Sith - he did not know her name - launched forward, and Sinwara barely tracked her movements, turning to keep her in his peripheral vision. By the time his eyes caught up with where she was, her blade was already hilt deep in Calen.

Sinwara saw his chance, if only for a moment, hoping Calen would struggle and keep the darksider occupied for but a few instants. He ran for the woman - the Queen - and lunged at her, lightsaber swinging. As he closed with her, he knew that he would fail. He was calling for help, but whether the other two gave it was another thing. He reached out into the Force for courage, but in the split-seconds it took for his feet to go in front of the other as he closed with her, he suspected that his courage would not be enough.

He let the Force guide his movements for but a moment, as he reached outward.

Okay, father, wife... city, I'm here, and she's here. If you want us to have any chance, I'll take whatever you've got.

And he opened himself up to it all.

TAG: Everyone, but primarily, Winged, TGI, Xan

2. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Glyndon Nordic
    Near Entrance

Everything seemed to stop. Nothing mattered anymore. All around him chaos reigned, yet Glyndon sat oblivious to it all. He was inconsolable as he held his preciouse dead son's body in his arms. The blood on his clothes were stained red, he did not care.

His whole universe was gone with a blink of an eye. Nothing mattered anymore. The Red Queen, the city whatever the supposed gain was, had no meaning to him.

Ahead of him he shockingly saw Calen Rohn die with a lightsaber in his chest as the Red Queen stood over him. Glyndon couldn't move, but he sensed something in the force. Sinwara came rushing towards the Red Queen.

Something made him move without thinking. He let go of Brendon and quickly got up to his feet. He moved faster than he could have imagined allowing the force to guide his steps. Running toward Sinwara and the Red Queen hoping to aid him. It was a long shot and Glyndon felt he had nothing to lose. His life was in the mercy of the force. If he just get to Calen's blade he could manage to strike the Queen. Hoping two against one will be the x-factor in the fight.

TAG: Xan, Sinre Winged

OOC: Sorry i took so long.

3. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    OOC: I thank you all for your patience, and your efforts, but we couldn't quite get everyone coordinated in the end. So it goes. I think enough momentum has been lost that it would be better to make this the final post. The ending has been left ambiguous, so that you have the option of returning for a possible LMIII at some point in the future.

[blockquote]
    [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOLwWSMenmY]"Staff Roll"[/link]
    -[i]Vagrant Story[/i], Hitoshi Sakimoto

[i]Undercity[/i]

Battle erupted beneath the ancient stones, and not for the first or final time.

Inside the small chamber, the dead already outnumbered the living. The four boys- Valance, Gavril, Brendon and Dorian- had all been sacrificed as the culmination of the Red Queen's vengeance. Callo, clone of the long-forgotten Callo Merlose, had been crushed beneath the falling debris. The two Riots lay beside one another, padawan and master, father and son. And not far from them, Calen Rohn, a black hole burned through his body.

Those who had survived: Sinwara Malreaux, who had opened himself up to the Force in a final, desperate effort to save something amidst the horror; Glyndon Nordic, who bravely opted to join the fight instead of abandon it; Floryn Korodoro, who remained paralysed over the body of his beloved child; Judge Magister Quilheim, lost in the exhilaration of his own insanities and delusions.

And the Red Queen, of course. A crimson blade in her hand, and the City at her call.

Except, it did not answer the way she had expected. The City was too wild and cruel a creature to be tamed. It deigned to hand some measure of control to its chosen hosts, but its deepest desire was unquenchable: the desire to destroy. An earthquake gripped Leá Monde as it had in olden times, unleashing violence through every inch of dust and rock.

When the dust settled...Ascension Day had ended.

[hr]
    [blockquote]
    [i]A vast crowd had gathered outside the Cathedral by nightfall. Of all the plagues that struck the city that day, the most potent was that which carried Rumour. A thousand lies and conspiracy theories infected the citizenry, hardening their hearts against the authorities and causing them to cast suspicion on their closest neighbours.

The VKP had seen its resources depleted as the day wore on, and its command structure had been devastated by the sudden disappearances of Grand Steward LeSait and Inquisitor Heldricht. The Blades were similarly overwhelmed- their orders came from Cardinal Batistum, and yet they had heard no word from him since dawn. Judge Magister Quilheim, perhaps the only other figure who might have imposed order upon the burgeoning chaos, had also vanished from his quarters.

Guard-Captain Stark presented himself before the mob, with Investigator Kadessa DeOrland at his side. Together they marshaled the VKP and the Blades under their joint command, and for an hour or so there was some fragile peace. Unfortunately, under considerable public pressure, they agreed to open the Cathedral doors and lead an expedition inside.

There was no sign of the candidates; the Cardinal's mutilated corpse lay upon the altar; the remains of Heldricht were found in the cemetery, beside a smoking speeder wreckage. These gruesome discoveries were enough to shatter what little confidence the people had left in their masters. I have heard that the fighting began there and then, in the very pews of the Great Cathedral.

The rioting spread throughout all Valendia.

On the tenth day of disorder, I was preparing to flee the planet along with many of the City's intellectual elite. It was that very afternoon that the Jedi arrived. At least a dozen Masters and as many Knights descended upon Leá Monde. Their mere presence seemed to ease the volatility of the situation, and they worked quickly to build upon that foundation. They mediated between the warring gangs and factions; they organised amnesties and a restoration of public order; they promised answers and a full investigation into the nightmare of Ascension Day.

Reluctantly, the people settled. Within one month

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.