main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Legacy Number Kriffing One, Baby: Prisoner of the Floating World

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Dec 12, 2012.

1. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    [​IMG]

STAR WARS: LEGACY - PRISONER OF THE FLOATING WORLD #1
    Corinna Bechko (W), Gabriel Hardman (W/A), Rachelle Rosenberg (C), and Dave Wilkins (Cover)
    On sale Mar 20
    FC, 32 pages
    $2.99
    Ongoing

Exploring the galaxy...Solo style!
    Despite her famous heritage, Ania Solo is just a girl trying to make her way in a galaxy gone bad. But it all gets worse when she comes into possession of a lightsaber and an Imperial communications droid - and discovers she has been targeted for death!
    • She's Han and Leia's great-great granddaughter introduced to the Legacy saga!
    • In the aftermath of War, the Solo clan lives on!
    • A new ongoing series!
    • From the acclaimed creators of Betrayal of the Planet of the Apes!

2. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Aside from the Force-sensitivity, it's like they consulted Lit's Legacy fans on what we want.

AWESOME.

Mazzic likes this.
  3. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    I don't get the impression she's Force-sensitive, actually.

4. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    So, great great grandaughter means that Ania Solo is Jaina's child's daughter, right? Or am I confusing that?

--Adm. Nick

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Possibly the "comes into possession of a lightsaber" bit is being assumed to be the start of a "becomes a Force-User" arc. Did Kyle know he was a force user when he'd gotten his father's lightsaber?

Unless Jaina changed her name when she got married.

6. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Huh. Good point.

AWESOMER.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    So definitely after War then? Interesting.

Ulicus likes this.
  8. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Fair enough, but I'm crossing my fingers. As for the name, regardless of which Solo brat she's descended from, my "rebellious youth takes on old family name" theory still seems likely.

9. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Which means we will get to see the post-war galaxy recovering and trying to put itself back together. Which is AWESOME. :D

If the new creative team promises to show the galaxy working to restore Dac's ecosystem, I will personally pledge my undying loyalty to them.

--Adm. Nick

Ulicus and Jedi Ben like this.
  10. DarthNefaris

DarthNefaris Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 11, 2011
    So Ania Solo is not a myth after all. I think she can't be the descendant of Jaina otherwise she would be a Fel. She can only be Allana's great daughter. But why is she a " Solo ", did Allana keep her name?
    And she is a Kerra Holt type? I do want that!!!

OH MY GOD! I CAN'T WAIT FOR MARCH TO COME AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH DO WANT DO WANT MY PRECIOUUUUSSSS!

11. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    That and $2.99'll get you a copy of the first issue. :p

12. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    Ania Solo... I like that name! great new intel! and really she is Allana's granddaughter? WOW

I am so glad she is no Fel or descended from Jaina! Wonder though how/why Allana's lineage left the Hapes cluster, unless Ania got sisters who remain to take the throne. But I so love this.

[:D] Finally a rogue arc with less big politics and more fun akin OT style with Solo scoundrels and such in the middle of offscreen politics and warfare!

13. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Allana, as a royal, (and a Hapan at that) might have kept her name after marriage.

Ania would be Allana's granddaughter in that case.

SithLord_1270 and CeiranHarmony like this.
  14. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Easy there, we don't know that yet. o_O

One thing I will lament about this news: the Skysolos will forever be cursed with boring sci-fi names. Where's a Wedge or a Lando when you need one?

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, I agree that the Solo surname suggests descent through Allana rather than Jaina.

Nothing's definitive yet, no, but it's a reasonable supposition.

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  16. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Incidentally, there's some other pretty new stuff in the March solicits if someone wanted to make the requisite threads...

17. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Hey, there is a relative Mon Cal on the cover, so I have hope. [face_dancing]

--Adm. Nick

18. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Who cares about that other stuff? :p Legacy is BACK!

19. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    The fact that she "comes into possession" of a lightsaber suggests she's not a Jedi but I don't think we can say one way or the other whether she's Force sensitive. She clearly knows from whom she's descended, however.

Her exact line of descent is interesting regardless - Allana, really, ought to have kept her mother's name anyway, and I've never been sure why she's a Solo other than pleasing fans. Assuming Jaina does end up founding the Felpire with Jag, all the Solo descendants are royalty and being either the granddaughter of a Queen or the great-granddaughter of an Emperor ought to be a close enough relationship that this chick is gonna be entitled to some form of noble title even if she's descended from a series of youngest children, unless she, or her parent, said kriff it and took off for parts unknown, possibly changing their name back to Solo in the process.

Of course another factor in all this is that we don't know what happens to Allana and her descendants in terms of ruling Hapes. It's also possible - particularly given their ruthless brand of dynastic politics - that House Djo gets kicked out at some point and Ania grew up amongst the Hapan pirates or somesuch.

Either way, kriffing awesome, can't wait! :D

Tinwe likes this.
  20. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    we DO know it, if descended from Jaina, she'd be a Fel ;) you can be in denial but it won't help you :p this is Allana's lineage for the win!

21. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm just ridiculously happy to see the Solo name live on.

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  22. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    offtopic, but did you see the new Lego trailer yet with Lego Ackbar in Yoda Chronicles?

23. DarthNefaris

DarthNefaris Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 11, 2011
    I just thought about one thing :

- Fel II must have been born between the 50-60 ABY period. Roan Fel is supposed to be 55, which makes him born in 82 ABY. Roan fathered Marasiah supposedly in 119 ABY (she is supposed to be 18, just like Cade).

- Allana is born in 36 ABY. We know that the Skywalker and Solo are very overdue in having a child. Just imagine she has a child when she is 35, that makes her child born in 71 ABY. In turn, he/she has a child 30 years later, which makes 100. We definitively have a problem concerning Ania's age as she is looking very young, 20/22 years old maximum. So Ania is in fact the Great great great daughter of Leia and Han o_O

24. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    never underestimate the power of carbonite freezing keeping you fresh and young for a few years more ;) :p

25. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe Jaina dumped the whole "take the husband's surname" thing and left it entirely the children's choice what their surnames would be when they reached adulthood?

With the eldest picking Fel, and one or more of the others picking Solo?

That would allow a bit more time- maybe great-great grandaughter becomes plausible again?