main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tidewater, VA lets start an virgina fan force chapter

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jediknight88, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    What ya say people, lets do this. i dont see one out there, we need some representation!
    who's with me?

2. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    There are several clubs in Virginia. However none of them are Fan Force. The 501st has a Garrison in VA, the Rebel Legion also has one, and then there is the Richmond, VA fan club called the Moisture Farm Co-Op.

3. Aradia_Kenobi

Aradia_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2002
    I think it's a great idea, we need a fan force chapter.

4. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    Well, as I recall, the Co-op specifically decided not to be a FF. However, if you can get at least three people to go to three meetings somewhere down here, that'd be great.

5. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Yep, that's true. The MFC is an independent group. But that said, we're extremely active. We've been around since before the Phantom Menace and should be here for a long time to come. Anyone, whether from the Chesapeake area or elsewhere, can come up for our events, or for that matter can post on our web site. Stop by sometime and say hello. :)

6. RingThane

RingThane Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Hey jk88! This sounds great!

7. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    well lets start a chapter then........who's with me

8. RingThane

RingThane Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm with ya! :)

9. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey thats great! All you guys need is at least 3 people to attend 3 meetings and you can be an official Fan Force Chapter! :)

If you need any help or have any questions please feel free to ask me ;)

10. jainasolo11sticks

jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    i'm there!!
    btw, i'm so new that i still don't know a lot of things! what are the other sw chapters in va, the ones previously mentioned in this thread? thanks :)

11. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    None of them are actual chapters! one is in richmond i think, the moisture farmers co-op!
    they are pretty nice. so you are interested then?

12. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Yep, the Moisture Farm Co-Op has been around for a few years now. Still going strong after all this time. Check out our site sometime, as we don't use the forums here very often.

DC is also trying to set up a fan club. You might wanna check out their forum too.

13. jainasolo11sticks

jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    keith, is the meeting for mfc still on for this saturday? i may not have a car to get there (booo) but i'd love to try. let me know! heatheruva@yahoo.com

14. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    We actually have people coming up from Norfolk all the time...that and coming down from DC. So it would finally be nice to have someone from out west in C'ville. :) Here's the schedule:

Script Read Thru Meeting for Rise of Nobility - 3:30-4:30
    MFC Meeting 6pm-?
    Costuming panel - after the meeting

I'm sure someone could put you up for the evening if need be. Just let me know if you think you can make it in.

For those down in Norfolk that would like to see how a fan club operates or to ask questions, this might be a good opportunity for you to see first hand.
    Keith

15. jediknight88

May 19, 2002
    Keith when is your next meeting i will notbe able to make this one

16. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Our meetings are typically the 3rd Saturday of the month, unless it falls on a holiday. Expect the September meeting to be on Saturday, Sept 21st.

Every Septemeber we have a special picnic meeting. So we'll be at a outdoor location that month (we'll decide on the location this weekend).

How fun would that be? :) Sorry to hear you can't make it. There will be others don't worry.

Keith

17. PirateRogue

PirateRogue Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm all for sticking with the Co-op, the'yve been going strong for years.

Also, for you costume junkies, the Virginia Garrison of the 501st has formed and they're growing fast. Most of their get togethers are in Fredericksburg, as its most central to most of their members.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.