main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Let's start to get things rolling once again for Rhode Squadron!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by Mohawk-Elvis, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
    Hey eveyone,

I really want for this chapter to start up and get going once again.

It has been quiet for some time and it is getting dangerously close for this forum being placed on an inactive forum.

I hope some of you will come to support and take interest in Rhode Squadron once again.

I hope you all will post here and show your interest in this chapter once again.

Let's here from you all and hear what ideas you would like for this chapter.

I am a proud member of Rhode Squadron and I hope you all are too.

Thanks,
    Chris

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I am all for the Rhode Squardon to be alive and well again. I only know Jeff but from the posts I have read there seems to be some really good people down here. So like Chris said let's get talking again people. Let's start to have meets again and enjoy the 30th anniversary of A New Hope. This looks to be a great year collecting wise lots of cool stuff coming out. CIV should be a blast for those that are going. The new Clone Wars series should start later in the year. There is lots to discuss here so let's get it going.

Jorge

3. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    I'm for all, lets keep it going. There's not much in CT/RI for SW fans, so we've got to keep our own niche' going. The 30th is upon us, no doubt more than enough going around for everyone to have an interest. Lets get the people who've "come back to life" together for coffee or a beer and spread the word?

4. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Alright we got a couple on board who else is out there lurking around? Let's hear some chatter people we need it big time.

5. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I'm lurking as usual...would Rhode Squadron even need a new CR? I don't think Moby's posted since he moved.

6. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    no need to worry about a CR at this point IMO it is more important to get people chatting again and start to have meets in order to keep this chapter alive and growing. the lack of activity has been killing us all throughout New England (foxboro, boston, new hampshire, ri, etc). Looking through the threads I see lots of people that have made posts since I have started on here and then things dried up to almost nothing. We (Foxboro) have been trying to revive Foxboro and hopefully others in the area will follow suit. We need more than one person posting on a daily basis.

In the coming year there will be a ton to talk about and do that is SW related. CIV in May will be a big event. The collecting world will be rocking again with the 30th anniversary line of figs and other items. '08 looks to be another big year with the TV series hopefully coming out. Who knows maybe GL will hand the reins over to someone else and there will be more SW movies in the future. The future may have looked dim after ROTS left the theaters but there is still more to come.

7. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
  8. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    I would love nothing more than for Rhode Squadron to keep going. This was my last weekend of working weekend, so I am now "free" on weekends. I now live 20 minutes away from Providence, but I work 5 miles from Boston. If we can generate some interest in Rhode Island itself, we'd be in a lot better position. If anyone wants my contact info, please send me a PM.

9. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    I'm here and ready to get things going.

10. Mohawk-Elvis

Jan 28, 2007
    Alright!! [face_dancing]

I am looking forward to getting things going again.

So shall we set a date for a meet?

What would we want to do?

11. Mohawk-Elvis

Jan 28, 2007
    How about a bowling meet? It's winter and too cold to do anything outside.

Maybe a little Epic Duels? [face_devil]

What other ideas does anyone have?

12. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    bowling is always a good time. I would show up for that even if I have to drive an hour to get there. Never played Epic duels I know I would like to learn it. Another good one may be a light sabre or prop building meet. I would like to learn how to build a light sabre and would also like to build some other weapons.

other ideas:
    Movie marathon
    gaming night
    collector swap meet

13. MerR2D2

MerR2D2 Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2006
    Hi. I'm around too. I'm a full time student and work a lot, but if I can, I'd love to get together! I'm really looking forward to CIV!

14. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    it looks like we have 4 from RI ready to meet plus a few from Foxboro willing to join in. So let's see what we can do to get a date and activity set for a meet.

15. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    I'm all about playing some bowling. Plenty to go to around here. East Providence is my fav. but there is also one in Attelboro that is good too.

March is a busy month for me. I work on saturdays so it would have to be sunday.

Sundays that I'm free: Feb 18, 25 March 11

April looks all clear.

Lets have people posting what days are good for them and see what we can match up with.

16. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I can do Sundays that is usually my day to spend with my wife and kid but I can change that to a Sat for a week. My calendar looks pretty open except for Feb 18th (niece's b-day) and a Foxboro meet in March date TBA.

17. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I miss Epic Duels! And Ed making cheeseburgers on the grill where more cheese ends up on the ground than on the burgers hehe.

18. Mohawk-Elvis

Jan 28, 2007
    The only Sunday I can't do is February 25th because that is my mom's birthday.

But any other Sunday works good for me. :)

19. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    Lets plan for 3/11 then.

20. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    3/11 sounds like a good date. now the million $ questions are what will be the activity, where will it be at, and who will attend?

21. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    I'm down for some bowling. At which case I would say East Providence lanes. Its off of 95 on Newport Ave.

I'll be in NH that morning, but should be available after 1-2pm.

22. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    so what is the deal on the meet yall? will it be 3/11 as mentioned earlier? if so I may not be able to attend. I am working most of this weekend and I promised my wife and lil wookiee cub I would spend next Sunday with them and only work Sat.

So let's hear some chatter on this and let's get yall together soon it has been a long long long time.

23. DarthMoby

Apr 10, 2002
    I am still planning on 3/11. As I have heard no opposition to venue or offer of different venue, bowling seems to be the winner. Make it so lil wook.

24. Mohawk-Elvis

Jan 28, 2007
    Sounds good to me :)

I will make sure Jim brings his own ball so we won't have to hear the excuses ;) ...instead of beating everyone by 20 pins he would win by 35 or more with his own ball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.