main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic Let's Talk Star Wars

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Savage_Spirit, Mar 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Savage_Spirit

Savage_Spirit Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2007
    I know I'm new here, as in just joined the forum today :) , but it seems to me that self proclaimed Star Wars fans should be talking about more than just imaginary snowball fights...

I know that there isn't the excitement about star wars now that there was a couple of years ago with RotS on its way and everything, but hey George Lucas himself has said "Star Wars is far from being dead."

Anyone reading a good Star Wars novel or comic?

What do you guys think of the upcoming cartoon series and the Star Wars TV series?

Heard of the indie fan film "Secrets of the Rebellion"? $60 000 budget, real actors, and shot using the same digital cameras as episode 2... could be interesting...

Oh yeah, if anyone in the Moncton Area is interested in playing in a d20 Star Wars RPG Campaign, I'm looking for players.

Now start talking... err typing, whatever.

2. Jedi-Queen

Jedi-Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    "Anyone reading a good Star Wars novel or comic?"

I just read the Hand of Thrawn duology by Timothy Zahn.
    Great read!
    We get to see more of Mara Jade and how she and Luke got close.
    We also see a lot of Talon Karrde, I love his character.
    They are actually the best SW EU books I have read so far.

GL did say SW was far from dead, but he also said there will never be a
    7,8,9 the Skywalkers are done.

I have said it for a few yrs now and watch if I am not right at some point..
    there will be a Knights of the Old Republic movie sometime down the road.

3. Savage_Spirit

Mar 7, 2007
    Yay! There is somebody out there!

It is true that the Skywalker story is complete, officially anyway, but that's ok. A KOTOR movie would be awesome. The Old Republic era is probably my favorite because it is more like Star Wars fantasy than Star Wars Sci-Fi; not that Star Wars in any era is typical Sci-Fi, but you know what I mean.

I'm reading Remnant, the first book in the Force Heretic trilogy. I'm finding it a bit difficult since I have not read all of the books leading up to it. I don't have all of the background story, but as it progresses I am filling in the blanks. I think I will read the new book about Darth Bane next, though I don't really want to pay for hard cover. What can I say? I'm cheap.

4. Jedi-Queen

Feb 16, 2005
    I haven't read those yet.
    I am not sure what I want to read next, but I would like to continue following the timeline Zahn has and keep reading about Luke/Mara and follow the Solo children growing up.

5. DARTH_MARK-22

DARTH_MARK-22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2003
    The last few Star Wars book I've read were Darth Bane: Path of Destruction, Betrayal, Bloodlines, and I'm currently reading Tempest. I also bought a book called Star Wars and Philosophy, as well as an essay debate book called Star Wars on Trial. You should come check out my collection sometime. I have over 200 books related to Star Wars, be it novel, comic book, reference book, or roleplaying.

I currently don't think anything about the upcoming Star Wars cartoon and/or television series, because as far as I know at the moment, they're making a Star Wars cartoon and/or television series.

A Star Wars roleplaying campaign may be kinda kewl. I tried to get one started in this forum a few years ago, without much success. I would be interested. I am currently working on a Star Wars timeline that I think you might find useful. Let me know if you want to check it out.

I know we don't talk a whole lot about Star Wars on the Atlantic boards, but then again that's what the rest of the boards are for.

6. Savage_Spirit

Mar 7, 2007
    My Star Wars d20 campaign has begun. We made characters and will be having our first game session on Saturday. We are still looking for another player, so if you live in the Moncton area and you are interested in joining, we'd love to have you.

What is the "Star Wars on Trial" book like? The first thing that came to mind was a collection of essays like: "Lightsabers can't be real, and here's why." and "Hyperspace - Fact, Fiction, or Just Plain Stupid?" Please tell me that's not what it is like. :)

As for the cartoon and live action TV series, there is quite a bit of buzz about both on the 'net you should check it out. The last I've read is that the cartoon is that the animated series is in production, the live action one is in pre-production.

Anyway, if you're interested in joining our game, just e-mail me: savage_spirit@yahoo.ca

7. Jedi-Queen

Feb 16, 2005
    The animated show will be out before the live-action.
    Unfortunately, GL says the live-action show is "still a few years away".
    I am thinking we may see it in 2009, if not then 2010.

8. Spazz

Spazz Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2007
    Are you talking about the Heir to the Empire books or something like that?
    Mara Jade, Luke skywalker (along with many OT characters and such), Thrawn and Talon Karde are in this book,

-Spazz

9. TenelKaSolo

TenelKaSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2004
    Hey,

Let's see... I'm currently reading X-Wing: The Krytos Trap (for like the third or fourth time!). I've been keeping up with the new Legacy of the Force books, but someone has been buying the books for me as gifts and I don't have any gift recieving occasions again until Christmas! So I'm anxiously waiting for that so I can read Tempest. :S

I'm not a big comic person, but I have just purchased the Mara Jade comic/graphic novel and have a few others on my list. I'm also interested in reading the Legacy comics, but as there are no comic stores within a couple of hours of my house I'm waiting until I have the money to buy a bunch of them at once. (Anyone know of a comic store in Atlantic Canada that does mail order??).

As for the TV shows. I'm anxiously awaiting those too! I knew the live action would probably not be until 2009-10 but... I had figured that C5 would be in 2010 (the 30th ani of ESB) but as I've heard that it will probably be in Spring 2009 (and marked that in my calendar!) I'm hoping that means that it might be out that fall!

I haven't gotten into roleplaying yet (that seems like it would take too much brain power) but I am starting to get into the costuming. I've been thinking of a Mara Jade costume for a about a year, but have decided to start with an X-Wing pilot. Now I have a time line - C5, so hopefully I'll be able to get working on that soon! Is there anyone here that is into to that too? I'm in the Annapolis Valley (NS) but even if we can't get to get together, just knowing if/where there are resources in the area would be helpful!

Thanks for getting a discussion going! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.