main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Lifeday Celebration 2009 will be on Jan 10 at 6 PM

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by greencat336, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    EDIT: yeah, the time got changed back to its original time, because after just one day we got several responses of people who couldn't make it at the earlier time. So we will meet for dinner at 6PM and after dinner go over the Traders for the afterparty.

SWAP's annual Lifeday celebration will be on Jan. 10

We'll be starting with dinner at 6 PM at Monte Cello's. A very nice Italian restaurant. 2198 Babcock Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15209

After dinner, we'll be heading over to the Traders' for games, goodies and general hijinks.

Bring with you a wrapped gift of the silly, humorous inexpensive type. Also bring along some type of snack/beverage item for the after dinner party.

Post in this thread if you are coming, so Michele can make the reservations at Monte Cello's. Its only fun if you come.

Red choir robes for the Wookies are mandatory.

[image=http://swg.allakhazam.com/images/SOE/lifeday_01.jpg]

2. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I will be there. I might wear a Hawaian shirt since I missed it last year!

3. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    General Hijinks? Sounds like a Star Wars villian.

4. DarthHooper

DarthHooper Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2008
    I would like to come. What do I need to do? What do I need to bring?

5. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Bring yourself to the restaurant. If you want to come to the afterparty (and you are very welcome to come to the afterparty :) ) then bring a wrapped inexpensive wacky gift for a silly gift exchange and bring some sort of snack item.

6. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    I will be there!

7. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Time got changed to a little earlier in the day because of when we could get a reservation at Monte Cello. It will be at 3:45 Pm instead of 6.

8. DarthHooper

Sep 25, 2008
    I am sorry but I can not make it. I work in downtown until 5pm. If it were at 6 I could make it but there is no way I can be there earlier.

Sorry

9. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    can i bring a guest?

waitaminute...i'm the VP. I shouldnt have to ask...

"God, this is so sad, this is the smallest amount of power I've ever seen go to someone's head."

Jim Halpert Re: Dwight Schrute, The Office

10. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I'm not sure if the VP can attend. You might need to move to an undisclosed location so that all officers are not in the same place at the same time. We wouldn't want any assassination attempts to totally behead the SWAP government. You never know what the Fan Force groups in West Virginia or Buffalo are planning.

11. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    Let them plot. I'll just take them Duck Hunting...

[image=http://img.slate.com/media/1/123125/123073/2133676/2135341/060213_exp_CHENEY_HUNTING_E.jpg]

12. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    How about the after party? Which will be full of fun and merriment. Just Private Message TradMic for directions.

And as to the remarks about the Pres, VP and Sec/Tres all being present at once . . . didn't you read the thread where all three revealed themselves to be Sith?

13. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
  14. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    That was just speaking hypothetical.

If I was really a Sith Lord, Pittsburgh would be a large smoking radioactive hole in the ground by now. [face_skull]

15. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    So you ARE a Sith Lord!

I kid I kid.

16. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    pittsburgh is barely radioactive.

and thats just because of the time Rodan was flying over and mistook the Goodyear Blimp for an enemy. (thats the real reason we built that new stadium)

17. xm41

xm41 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007
    I won't be able to make it to the event. I have a family function I have to attend. Believe me I would much rather be at Lifeday. :)

Ron

18. SuperChill

SuperChill Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 8, 2005
    It won't be the same without you XM.[:D]

19. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Hi, folks.

Due to the lovely weather, I won't be making the drive to Pittsburgh tonight.

It's really pretty here. From inside my warm house. There's probably about 6-8" of snow on the ground right now. [face_peace]

20. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    :( Sorry to hear that a couple of our folks are going to miss Lifeday Celebrations this year. Especially since its folks we haven't seen in a while in the first place.

I was thinking that if new folks decided to come and haven't met us before (yeah, I'm looking at you Darthhooper and glancing around at any lurkers) they don't know what we look like. So here is us. Well, some of us, anyway. And if you play around a little on that account, you'll see lots more pics of us. (although i've been very slacker about posting the most recent pics. it is on my to do list. really.)

21. DarthHooper

Sep 25, 2008
    If this get canceled due to weather, please call me. Im coming on the bus and I would hate to show for nothing.

412-867-0607
    Jay

22. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    oh no! i forgot it was tonight :( my sisters in town, I dont think i can make it

23. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Sorry to have missed seeing you Allie. :(

Lifeday was fun. Dinner at Monte Cello's, lots of chatting and eating. Then it was off to the Traders. Silly gifts were exchanged and the annual Rock-Paper-Scissors competition (run this year by Fluke :) ) which was won by DarthHooper. Then we played Epic Duels. In a shocking upset, Three Time Epic Duels Champ Fluke Groundrunner defeated all comers, although SuperChill made him work for his victory.

The only negative (for me) was that part of my muffler fell off on the way to the Celebration. Got to spend Sunday at the mechanic getting it fixed.

Happy Lifeday!!

24. xm41

xm41 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2007
    I've drivin many cars that had parts fall off while driving. Sometimes I didn't even notice.[face_laugh] I miss the good ol days when $20 to the mechanic could get you a nice new inspection sticker slapped on any old junker.
    I just spent nearly $600 in December for parts to get my current car inspected.:_|

Ron

25. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    It's not a party unless someone's car breaks and/or somebody gets hurt. ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.