main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsaber Bokken for Rotoscoping (and Hilt)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by ajburr, Oct 22, 2012.

1. ajburr

ajburr Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2012
    Hi all!

A while back I bought 2 wooden lightsaber bokken from ThinkGeek.com for a fan film I planned to make using rotoscoping. Unfortunately the plan fell through for a number of reasons.

ANYway, they've been sitting in my room for months and I had no idea what to do with them, and then it occurred to me that someone here might find them useful. I have to mention though that I painted the sabers in order to be useful for a movie. In other words, they used to look like wood, but the handle is painted silver and the blades are painting neon orange so as to be more visible on film.

If you're wondering what I mean, here is what they used to look like:

[​IMG]

And this is what they look like now:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see, I did a little customization on one in order for it to look similar this:
    [​IMG]

So... here's the deal. I payed $25 each for the bokken. The hilt might have cost me $30 to make. I'm not looking for profit, I just want to get these things off the shelf collecting dust and to someone who can make use of them. If you're at all interested, send me a PM.

2. ajburr

ajburr Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2012
    I forgot to add...

The entire bokken is 44" long, and the hilt is a little less than a foot.

3. nswagerty

nswagerty Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2013
    Are these still up for sale? I have been searching for the wooden bokkens for a while now and Thinkgeek no longer sells them . If they are still up for grabs how much are you asking for each one?

4. nswagerty

nswagerty Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2013
    And you did a great job customizing them, they look amazing.

5. ajburr

ajburr Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2012
    Yep, they're still available. Thanks for the compliment, by the way :) I'll send you a PM about the details.