main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Lightsaber Dueling contest?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MartyBrandt, Nov 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MartyBrandt

MartyBrandt Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2004
    I had always thought this would be fun. To have a lightsaber dueling get together. Where people could get together and just practice and spar. Just for Fun. Ive already come up with some Rules and regulations. But It would be good to hear some input on this Idea.

Also, we could film it then have some one rotoscope it.

It would have to be done with stunt blades. Like Wood, PVC, etc. Others would be accepted. But under inspection.

What so you guys think?

-Marty

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    That would be fun. What are your rules?

3. MartyBrandt

Aug 15, 2004
    I dont have many. But it would have to be resticted some how. Either Age groups or skill levels. I personally think skill levels would be most appropriate.

You would have to have a Saber with a Removable Blade. With probably a couple of spare blades. That would be a personal choice.

We could hold a get together date for those who would like to build a saber. LIke a workshop type of thing.

THe rules I have on the sabers are :
    They must have a way to attach to a belt.
    They must have a way to lock in or secure a blade.
    They can be made of metal or plastic, but are subject to an inspection for saftey.

They should prefereably be an original design.

Double bladed Sabers are acceptable, but the opponent must have the option of having a partner.
    The user of the double bladed saber can use one blade in his/her if they choose to do so.

And thats about it.

-Marty

4. MR-V1N

MR-V1N Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    Lets say that this happens, where would this take place, if not at the church?

5. MartyBrandt

Aug 15, 2004
    Good Question. I was thinking a park. Something with a big open area. I live right next too Desert Breeze which would be perfect. It has a soccer field which is basically a water basin so its down low.

-Marty

6. KleptoKlown

KleptoKlown Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 5, 2004
    I like that idea, but seeing as how I have no lightsaber, nor do I even have the foggiest idea how to make one. I don't believe I'll be participating.

7. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    i wanna play too. I will be up there for thanksgiving. lets do it that weekend.

8. Starr_Saberblade

Starr_Saberblade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2004
    that sounds great! but I have no lightsaber....or a ride...^.^' ah it happens as soon as I move out I'll have a better chanse of being able to do things with ya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.